Print Story Photo Tuesday: Snow
Photos
By Greener (Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 08:35:02 PM EST) photos, photo of the day (all tags)
Taken at 1 am outside my front door after an evening snowfall in March.

I adjusted the saturation and lightness of the reds and yellows in photoshop to eliminate the yellow-orange glow of the sodium streetlights in this two second time exposure. The original image is here for comparison.

< Withdrawal | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Photo Tuesday: Snow | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
cool. i've only ever seen snow in photos by fleece (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 09:56:30 PM EST
actually that's a lie, i've seen it on tv too.

Snow rules by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Jun 20, 2006 at 03:03:48 AM EST
for the first hour of winter.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Get thee down to Tasmania. by Greener (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Jun 20, 2006 at 07:15:14 AM EST
Cradle Mountain if you can.

Nice by blixco (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jun 20, 2006 at 02:31:36 AM EST
The snow looks like icing.  And I hate that sodium orange...it's all I see in my telescope around here.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Nothing like a late spring snowfall by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jun 20, 2006 at 05:46:25 AM EST
It looks like plaster, spray-on insulation, soft-serve ice cream, hair mousse, Cool WhipTM...

Around these parts early march is still mid winter by Greener (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jun 20, 2006 at 07:13:56 AM EST
We got about 3 feet of fresh powder up on the ski hill during easter weekend this year.

This snowfall did have a pretty interesting texture though. It looks like a movie set.

Photo Tuesday: Snow | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback