Print Story You're dragging me down...
By Alice Pulley (Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 04:43:38 AM EST) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. (all tags)
Down down down, yeah.

<doo-do-do doo-do-do, dur-durdle-urdle>

Forgot how much I like that song.

Footy
Dull mates
Missed concert
Unreliability
Perspective
Movie review - Happy Gilmore

So my children, some football musings in no particular order.

FOOTY

England: Crouch being dropped will be a good thing. It will stop us relying on long diagonal balls being fired at him (which is no fault of his really). Hats off, he done much better than I thought he would and he has grown on me, he'll be a good sub. I hear a horrible rumour that Hargreaves will be played instead of Gerrard (to rest/protect him from another yellow). Carrick. Carrick. CARRICK YOU PRICK SVEN. I think the team has got results when not playing well and truly think we can only get better. Feel more optimistic now than before the tournament.

Argentina: Thanks chaps, for a fantastic spectacle, well played.

Ghana: Get in, top result against Czechs and they should have won by more. Excellent stuff.

Korea: Nice one chaps, in the usual HuSi "not-really-ironic-irony" stylee, thanks for giving the evil froggies a hard time. Bad luck Thierry :0)

Brazil: Will get better as the tournament goes on but could probably do with dropping Ronaldormous, I know he set up that goal, but in fairness only because 4 players decided to stand around him, hold hands and start dancing in a circle as opposed to kicking him like a good old Englisheseman would have.

DULL MATES
My mates are a bit dull. I think this says more about me than them. I was speaking to a friend last night who was home from Paris and all he could talk about was 'The Game' (WoW). Yawn. I wanted to talk about footy, which no-one is sick of.

MISSED CONCERT
I had a ticket to see the Foo Fighters, Subways, Strokes in Manchester last night. I couldn't go because my mate who was coming over from Paris was only free last night. I am sad about missing the concert in order to be lectured about 'The Game'.

UNRELIABILITY
I am unreliable. Not intentionally, but I am. I often vaguely agree to do stuff and then when it comes to it, not want to do and annoy people by ducking out. I did this to Claire on Saturday evening and she was (is) pretty cross with me. The thing is, it wasn't intentional or personal, its something I know I do but can't seem to change. 4/10, Alex, you're a bit crap sometimes.

PERSPECTIVE
I read a diary by someone earlier and it made me well up. Man, that put life in perspective, Alex, your life is actually pretty fucking charmed you big moaning fool. Again, all my best wishes to the guys involved, been a bit broody recently and (argh gayness, am getting a bit teary again) I hate to think what you're going through and wish you weren't.

MOVIE REVIEW
I know, I know! But there was a golf club on the front of the DVD case which is practically like smearing liquid sexy chicks on it. I laughed loads as well. I am soooo low-brow.

END

< A Day in the Life | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
You're dragging me down... | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Fight scene with Bob Barker by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 04:49:03 AM EST
Classic.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Yeah. by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 04:50:58 AM EST
That guy is scary.

The price is WRONG, Bob! by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 05:46:58 AM EST
That, the triumphant return on JAWS from the Bond series, and

"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!"

"You eat shit for breakfast ?"

I'm feeling more positive about England by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 04:55:06 AM EST
It happened when the camp started falling apart, Gerrard saying "No" when asked if we could win the World Cup, and Owen calling a press conference to tell us how crap his teammates are. It was all a bit self-satisfied until then, I can smell the fight in them now.

Argentina were stunning, luckily I taped the match so I've been able to watch that goal over and over again. Serbia rolled over though, they were really shit, and crucially didn't play defensively against a superior team like T&T did with us. I'll be really impressed when Argentina do it against one of the big teams. Us for example.

Anyway, I'm off to change my nationality. AR! AR! ARGENTINA!

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Traitor!!! by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 05:00:20 AM EST
Etc.

Yeah, that is the only thing about the Argentinian result, S+M were pretty toilet, 'twould be a a bit like judging us on the fact that we beat Jamaica 6-0. Still, Argentina have got quality all over their team and if Riquelme has a few consistent games, have as good a chance as anyone.

Concert by DullTrev (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 05:29:22 AM EST

And why didn't you post the ticket to me? Git.

So, she's already telling you how unreliable you are...

Lurking out in the depths, the slowly circling fin the only clue to its presence, the horror of Dooooooooooooooooooooomed is still out there...

I need to get out more.

DFJ?
I gave the ticket... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 05:36:05 AM EST
...away too. Sorry.

And welcome back!!! I miss the good 'ol days of doooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeedddd!

Don't worry by DullTrev (4.00 / 4) #7 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 05:40:22 AM EST

They'll be back again in about 3 months.

Re: perspective. Recently had some from a friend of mine, too. Very nasty stuff. For a while, I was thankful for the chance to reassess where I am, the problems I have, and how insignificant they are.

Then I realised that my problems are obviously more important, because they're happening to me. So sod the rest of you.

DFJ?
lol by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 05:44:48 AM EST

Adam Sandler's Patented Movie Formula by BadDoggie (4.00 / 3) #10 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 05:59:38 AM EST
Ingredients:
A) 1 stick
B) 1 misfit/tard
C) 1 best buddy of above
D) 2-5 angtagonists
E) 1 normal social situation
F) 1 hot chick
G) Rob Schneider
H) 1 horse

Method:
Show B being himself and talking to C a lot. Put B in E and have B and C discuss. Introduce F who loves B but leaves him because he doesn't get it. Bring in D to tell B what a fuck-up he is and make bad things happen. Kill H and apply A repeatedly. B has an epiphany. G tells B, "You can do it!". B succeeds it. F returns. Everyone's happy. Teh End.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

I know. by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 06:13:09 AM EST
I know.

zidane by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 06:30:01 AM EST
all I ever hear about this guy is how he's one of the all time greats, "player of the decade", yada yada yada, and then he goes out and gets schooled by a korean and gives up a goal.

most overrated pro sports player on the planet.

He's been... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 2) #13 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 06:39:15 AM EST
...nowhere near the player he was at his best for a few years now. When he was at his peak at Juve he was a truly great player, I remember watching him play and thinking - you haven't given the ball away once in this whole match.

Curse of the Madrid - footballers secret burial grounds.

*cough*tigerwoods*cough* by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:58:42 AM EST

yea i sorta got that from NPR by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 09:33:04 AM EST
but that only explain why the media attention, not the love from soccer fans.

chatting with friends by flowergrrl (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 10:56:46 PM EST
if he needs a friend who will talk WoW with him, send him over to mine!! :P

You'll by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 11:02:03 PM EST
...only hassle him for free stuff!!!

:o by flowergrrl (4.00 / 1) #18 Tue Jun 27, 2006 at 05:20:04 AM EST
I object!!

when I talk to GM's I generally only ask they fix the quest. THEN I /hug them!!! :P

ps the new legendary caster staff kkthxbye

You're dragging me down... | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback