Print Story WFC2: Damn Write - It's Over!
By Christopher Robin was Murdered (Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 10:53:04 AM EST) (all tags)
I apologize for the second diary in one day, but the Quality Lit Game is no respecter of those with lace-doily manners or those bloodless blue-nosed nitpickers who stand on decorum. [UPDATE} Now with a plug from Kellnerin for the WFC book project.

No, my mistress, the QLG, is a wild, untamed, temptress, who lures the young man to his dissolute death and the young woman to a life of hedonistic self-destruction, all in the search of the perfectly turned phrase, that flawless ending. It is a bare-knuckle, blood-soaked death match that leaves even its most talented warriors irreparably damaged. It causes hand cramps too.

And speaking of the Quality Lit Game, Hulver site has a new reigning Quality Lit Titan!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my distinct pleasure to present the new heavy weight champeen of Husi prose: fleece. With the truly amazing "The Eight Wonder of the World," fleece put the beat down on competition. Fleece's story won handily, pulling ahead of a pack of truly worthy competitors. A hell of a victory and I'm truly jealous. It is all the more notable for being the writer's first WFC bout! A natural!

If anybody wants to go jump fleece and beat the stuffing out of this too-talented upstart, I'm in.

The undercard cover bout went to yicky yacky and the "Cosmos Does the Goatse" cover concept. They say you can't judge a book by its cover, and it is true. The book with this cover doesn't need you judgments. Take your hang-ups somewhere else, man.

For those who entered, we salute you. For those who didn't enter and are tired of the WFC crap, we apologize. And to fleece, you magnificent bastard (I read your story), the next party's at your place.

Update [2006-6-19 17:26:52 by ana]: And now, a special message from Kellnerin:

Would you like to see WFC-in-a-Book? Husi Writing Fun Challenge authors, readers, and literate people everywhere are invited to comment on the WFC Book Project in Kellnerin's previous diary. Share your enthusiasm, disgust, top-of-the-head brainstorms, finely honed opinions, and pointed questions regarding the concept and logistics of capturing the scintillating visions of WFC contributors in a mere book-as-artifact.

YOU can influence the publishing process -- YOU can help create reality.*

* Where reality is defined as a book of collected stories from WFCs.

< It's the balls. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
WFC2: Damn Write - It's Over! | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Well by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 10:59:58 AM EST
I'm never going to guess who wrote what again. Who wrote the others?

It's on the 256k website: by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:01:56 AM EST
   1.  : ()
  13. ana :Europa, Signing Off
  14. toxicfur :Salient Point
  15. Scrymarch :Reception
  16. Kellnerin :The Color of Rain
  17. monkey flipper :To Be Established

Cool, but... by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:08:09 AM EST
what happened to Happy Anniversary?

the unknown author by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:09:27 AM EST
deleteed it. which didn't remove the file, just the link to it.

that is a shame by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:30:25 AM EST
because that story kicked my story's ass. Whoever you are, and if you care, D (aka Mr. Kellnerin) thought so too.

I'm flattered and a little embarrassed by the number of votes I got. As I said elsewhere, I think at least half the stories were better than mine. Kudos to everyone who entered!

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."

The only one I guessed correctly was yours. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:37:51 AM EST
I thought your story was excellent.

thanks by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:59:57 AM EST
And here I was trying to write against type and be all hard to identify (although more about that in the forthcoming postmortem).

I loved your story, but had no idea (no pun intended) that it was yours. Well done.

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."

Thanks. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 12:02:29 PM EST
I wanted to try something complete other than else. Why not experiment a little, ya know? I look forward to the post-op.

at hulver's request by ana (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:09:51 AM EST
i edited the author names into the voting story.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Thank You. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 12:04:06 PM EST
I hadn't fully grasped what not having "edit story" would mean to the whole rolling update scheme.

So, fleece by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:02:39 AM EST
WFC3?

heh by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:03:15 AM EST
Obviously it is fast-reading slackers with time earlier in the week who like my stuff:)

That's me! by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:30:59 AM EST
Hard to say who likes my stuff. Disaffected college students with vampire fetishes, I suppose.

Vive le Montréal libre.
I don't read that fast. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:35:42 AM EST
But the rest fits.

You got one of my votes.

and one of mine. by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 12:19:41 PM EST
Cool by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 11:25:49 PM EST
I seem to have gotten votes from a fair number of fellow contributors. Not bad for the second piece of fiction in eight years.

I am curious if anyone could guess I wrote it - I'm trying to work out if I have a particular style.

I couldn't guess. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #18 Tue Jun 20, 2006 at 04:28:27 AM EST
Though this is really only the second fictional piece of yours I've read. You might very well have a distinct style and I'm just not hip to it yet.

Uncertain anonymity by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 12:24:56 PM EST

monkey flipper == teh me

I completely forgot I'd used an alias and am not certain as to the reason for doing so. I must have had one, and it was doubtless impeccable, but it has escaped. C'est la vie.

----