Print Story Please sir.
Ranting
By dev trash (Sun Jun 18, 2006 at 05:28:45 PM EST) (all tags)
A quick whine, as it were.

So I went home home this weekend for a family reunion.  Friday at lunch I checked my email and the gal I had been emailing and calling from eHarmony had left a message.  Basically she was sorry that she had missed my call and that she was going to be out of town Friday but she'd call me Saturday.  She ended it with "You have a nice voice."  I shrug it off, and go about my business.  I had no access to the Net at home home and when I got back today my answering machine was beeping because I had a call.  I checked my phone and it said 2 calls missed.  So I play the message and it's from my friend in Philly.  Then I check the Caller ID and the other call was him as well.

So what the fuck?  Either she's really really bad at returning calls etc or she's playing games.  I'm so not into any kind of game.

Anyway, more about the weekend and guilt and all that later.  I'm beat.

< Throat full of fiberglass and other misleading titles | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Please sir. | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You do have a good voice by lm (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Jun 18, 2006 at 06:02:31 PM EST
If you wanted, you could easily pursue a career in radio.

Cicero, The Republic
are you hitting on me? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:31:23 AM EST
if radio paid better, yeah.

Blizzard of Death '06
I never expect a girl to return a call before... by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Jun 18, 2006 at 06:02:36 PM EST
... the second or third date.  Good luck with that one.  I've never tried the online dating thing, tho.  Maybe those ladies are a little more proactive.  I'm used to having to bring down mine in the wild, where out of sight means out of mind until you get them wanting more.

well. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:32:02 AM EST
Then she shouldn't have sent me an email telling me that she was going to call.

Blizzard of Death '06
+1VSTFP by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun Jun 18, 2006 at 06:44:34 PM EST

it's you by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 01:37:41 PM EST
inconsistent and random way that makes you interesting ti_dave.

Blizzard of Death '06
Rumor has it: by fluffy (4.00 / 3) #4 Sun Jun 18, 2006 at 09:45:15 PM EST
eHarmony is a front for Jehova's Witnesses. At least based on anecdotal evidence retold to me by unreliable people.
ceci n'est pas une signature
i like plaid
that theory would explain alot <nt> by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 01:54:29 AM EST

possibly. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:39:42 AM EST
But I never get passed the intro or first date with these women, what are they looking to gain if they don't at least try to convert me or whatnot?

Blizzard of Death '06
It's a front for something. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:33:43 AM EST
most likely separating 39 bucks a month from lonely desparate people who beleiev that their system really does work.  Not that I'm bitter.

Also, unrelated, check your PMs

Blizzard of Death '06

I almost never come here directly by fluffy (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Aug 09, 2006 at 06:10:51 AM EST
I don't see comment replies until two months after the fact. Email is a much better way to get in touch with me.
ceci n'est pas une signature
i like plaid
duly noted. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Sep 12, 2006 at 05:49:38 PM EST
nt

Blizzard of Death '06
Mating ritual by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 12:47:37 AM EST
Non returning calls is game where you should be persistent in calling but be able to judge when persistance is deemed stalking.

My rule is every other day and 5 missed calls means stop bothering.

my level by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:37:32 AM EST
I'll call and/or email once more.  No repsonse, her loss.

Blizzard of Death '06
Sometimes it is hard to return calls by purr (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 10:21:30 AM EST
because a person is busy.  I know because I am one of those people but I always get around to returning the calls at some point.
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
Funny thing is... by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 01:30:33 PM EST
All my female friends play this card when I mention a girl not calling me back.

The same friends go into crazy bitch mode when a guy doesn't call them back when he said he would, and they insist that 'being busy' is no excuse.  They are sure he had two minutes somewhere to give a call.

Gotta love that double standard, hehe.  But hey, life would be pretty boring without the song and dance of mating.  It's all just part of the game.

double standards for different types by purr (4.00 / 1) #16 Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 09:00:10 AM EST
Women are more prone to be busy multi-tasking until they can add another task to the list.  Where as men have one track minds and are not as capable at multi-tasking.

in other words me as a woman resents the fact that a man is so one track minded that when he finishes his busy task he forgets to return the promised phone call until much later
If a man is doing ANYTHING by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 08:57:16 PM EST
He is multitasking.  The male mind is constantly thinking of ways to initiate carnal relations, or imagining having carnal relations, with a woman.  If we are doing anything other than this, we are multitasking.  This is a burden that women don't have to bear.

It's not all bad, the scenery is nice.

Well that multitask thinking is done with a by purr (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Jun 21, 2006 at 09:15:37 PM EST
different brain all together.  That brain is no where near man's head.  It tends to lay closer to man's ass. I don't count that brain mainly because it is thinking different ways to accomplish a one track goal.
I realize this. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 01:30:49 PM EST