Print Story Bullet points from the edge...
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:04:38 AM EST) (all tags)
The B.A.D.TM

Making the world a better place since 1974...

1) Why would you ever have to wash a wash-cloth? Really, aren't you washing it every time you use it? Now don't get me wrong, I wash mine, but I'm wondering if maybe it's a waste of time to do so

2) After getting a giant 30 foot sub with cheese on it yesterday I've come to the conclusion that they don't taste much different with cheese as opposed to sans cheese, which adds years to your life, so I'm going cheese-less from here on out.

3) Now that I know I'm not gonna croak anytime soon I need to ask ti_moniacal to quit emailing me and asking for my stuff. Just cut it out, okay?

4) J'ever notice that, generally speaking, black women have nicer shaped buttocks than white womens? You white folk need to get with the black folk and see what they're doing cause they're doing it right.

5) No worky next week. If I can work it out I may try to put together an MFC entry, but that remains to be seen.

6) Rigatoni for lunch today, along with the wildcard garlic-roll and whatnot.

7) Well that's it, I thought I had more but alas! I don't. I'm going to work on cleaning up the ol desk for a while cause I hate to come back from vacation to a messy desk.

< Smoosh the Eels | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Bullet points from the edge... | 53 comments (53 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
2) Same here, but with pants by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:29:33 AM EST

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Right . Pants. by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:04:22 AM EST
That should be implied, cause it would be mighty anti-social otherwise.

racist! by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:36:43 AM EST
Indeed, Mrs. Ha and I were watching some shows on BET from Trinidad and Tobago, and let me tell you, there's more boot-ay in those little islands than in all of England, volume-wise. Sadly, the flat-assed team won.

The only problem is that bootylicious chicks tend to run to the thick side, which isn't a problem with me, but the big boobed, pencil waisted and bootylicious figure is a very hard one to attain naturally.

As Clinton would say, "To the rear, march!"

True that by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:50:31 AM EST
They do tend to have more curves, in all areas, but that doesn't detract from the fact that their cabooses are shaped more nicely. Even some of the thicker ones still have the proper shape, even if they're on the large side.

--Your best pal Bob

Medeival Bob Takes a Bath by lm (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:46:28 AM EST
You know, Bob, I could have sworn that you were young enough to have taken a high school biology class after the discovery of microbes. But since you  appear to be older than I thought you were, here's the scuttlebut on washing towels and washcloths, the ought to be washed with bleach to kill off all the microbial organisms that like to grow in the moist, damp environment of your shower stall after you've bathed. These germs are why all those granola types that use loofa sponges get skin rashes so frequently.

This is also why you should separate your loads of laundry. If you mix your towels and washcloths with your other clothes (especially if you don't use bleach) you've just spread the microbial infestation to all of your clothes. Same goes for underwear. If you wash your underwear with your workshirts, you're going to work with your torso covered in your own butt germs.

chill dude by tps12 (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:51:02 AM EST
They're just butt germs. Spoil your immune system and it won't be there to back you up when you need it. Kleenex boxes on your feet, also unnecessary.

I thought the tps12-ists had scared you off. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:58:29 AM EST

got to work out my intellectual immune system (nt) by tps12 (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:00:58 AM EST

good point. by garlic (3.00 / 2) #10 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:06:11 AM EST
I'm amazed sometimes on other forums by how thin skinned people are there.

torso covered with butt germs by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 3) #6 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:56:52 AM EST
This is exactly why I always boil my butt before putting on underwear.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Shower actually by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:09:04 AM EST
I'm a big proponent of sorting laundry, yes sir.

However, I'm not a big bleach guy. Doesn't that have a sort of tie-die effect on the washables?

This begs the question though, wouldn't the wash-cloth get germs/bacteria in it when it's drying after being washed? Seems like a losing proposition no matter how you look at it.

--Your best pal Bob

Bleach is a disinfectant by lm (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:20:04 AM EST
When your wash cloth hangs in the bathroom to dry after your shower it has (a) microbes from your sking and (b) microbes from the plume of toilet water droplets that forms everytime you flush and (c) microbes from whatever pleasant fungal/bacteriological growths that call your bathroom home.

But when you've washed your washcloth in bleach, it kills off all of those microbes and your washcloth is steril while it dries unless you take it while still wet and hang it in your bathroom to dry.

If you're worried about bleaching out your towels and wash cloths you can (a) use white towels, (b) use a non-chlorine bleach such as oxyclean, or (c) fill your washer up with water first and give the bleach time to uniformly disperse throughout the water in the washer so that the bleaching is uniform across the load of wash.

If you're going to shoot for (b) make certain that your chlorine-bleach substitute kills germs and doesn't just make things whiter and brighter. Most "color safe" bleaches aren't microbicidal.

Alternatively, you could just boil everything for 20 minutes or buy an autoclave. There's more than one way to skin a microbe.

Or by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:53:31 AM EST
What if you're washing with anti-bacterial soap?

That's a win-win, no?

--Your best pal Bob

Nope, anti-bacterial soap doesn't work by lm (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:00:20 AM EST
Unless you're using medical grade anti-bacterial soap, it only takes you from 95% to 97% germ-free (and that's just on the surface of your skin). It isn't like the bactricidal agents remain on the wet wash cloth to keep killing whatever funk is growing.

On the other hand, using chlorine-bleach in the laundry gives you a 99.9% disinfectant rate.

Cicero, The Republic
How about this then? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #22 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:08:05 AM EST
Why not just wash with bleach in the shower and take out the middle-man?

--Your best pal Bob

I wouldn't really recommend that by lm (4.00 / 1) #23 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:09:46 AM EST
But try it if you want. Do report the results.

Cicero, The Republic
One last question by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #24 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:12:53 AM EST
If what you say is true, and I'm not entirely buying into it, but, if it's true then why didn't my Mom fill me on on all this stuff? Eh?

I don't know by lm (2.00 / 0) #27 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:17:10 AM EST
But don't take my word for it. Read what Cecil Adams says on the topic.

Cicero, The Republic
step off, man by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #29 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:24:29 AM EST
that's my shtick

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
My apologies by lm (4.00 / 1) #31 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:28:27 AM EST
I guess I'll go watch the world cup.

Also by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:56:57 AM EST
White towels would clash with my bathroom decor.

In fact, I can't imagine why anyone would use white towels unless they lived in some downtrodden third world country. Great Scott Man.

--Your best pal Bob

You need to take an art class by lm (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:01:00 AM EST
White doesn't clash with anything.

Cicero, The Republic
Sweet Jesus in the correct change lane... by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #20 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:06:13 AM EST
Please tell me you're joking.

--Your best pal Bob

and how many pairs of white jeans by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #26 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:16:42 AM EST
do you own?

None by lm (2.00 / 0) #30 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:27:38 AM EST
Strictly speaking, I don't own any jeans. I do have twothree pairs of black work pants.

So.. by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #32 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:31:48 AM EST
You wear white socks with them then?

Q.E.D.

No, but I would by lm (2.00 / 0) #35 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:54:59 AM EST
At present half my socks are black boot socks and the other half are light gray boot socks. I use to have two pairs of white boot socks that were my absolute favorite as they were, by far, the most comfortable. They've long since been worn into oblivion.

But if you're arguing that black and white clash, why is it that the vast majority of formal dinner wear for men consists of a white shirt with a black suit?

Cicero, The Republic
And what colour socks do they wear? by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #36 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:57:24 AM EST
Q.E.D Redux.

--Your best pal Bob

Ones that go well with their white shirts by lm (2.00 / 0) #37 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:59:55 AM EST
QED

Cicero, The Republic
You're sadly mistaken my good sir by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #38 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 09:07:41 AM EST
Let the record state that I'm not disputing that white is a neutral colour, if that's your argument then you're spot on.

I'm simply claiming that from a fashion sense it most certainly clashes in myriad ways in myriad scenarios.

You would no sooner wear white socks with black formal wear than you would hang white bath towels in a bathroom with a maroon shower curtain. Unless you're a NASCAR fan that is.

--Your best pal Bob

There's white and there's white by lm (2.00 / 0) #40 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 09:38:45 AM EST
White socks do not, in and of themselves, clash with black formal attire. What white socks clash with is social expectations of formal attire. But on a purely aesthetic level, there is no clash.

Cicero, The Republic
There's nothing more I can do or say to help by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #42 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 09:52:42 AM EST
At this point we're going to have to simply agree that we've hit yet another subject upon which we cannot come to terms on.

--Your best pal Bob

That's okay, Bob, I still love you by lm (2.00 / 0) #43 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 10:15:23 AM EST
But it should come as no surprise that a metrosexual like yourself disagrees with a real man like myself on a number of issues.

But that's okay. Like my Great Grand Mum used to always say, ``different strokes for different folks.''

Cicero, The Republic
Also, I'm not a NASCAR fan by lm (2.00 / 0) #41 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 09:39:34 AM EST
And I would have no problem wearing white socks with black formal attire.

So, you're wrong.

QED.

i agree by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #25 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:15:20 AM EST
i'll stick with the microbes myself, as they don't seem to cause any ill health effects.

Either that or by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #44 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 11:18:46 AM EST
expose your washing to plenty of UV light whilst drying it.

Of course, according to some people, it reduces your property values by 15%.

I may be showing my age by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #51 Sun Jun 18, 2006 at 02:19:31 PM EST
But did Dryers in the 70s not come with an UV light inside?

Blizzard of Death '06
I have no idea. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #52 Sun Jun 18, 2006 at 11:20:38 PM EST
The one I was thinking of is the big light in the sky which has a bit of UV in the mix.

my prefered method. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #53 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:37:47 AM EST

Blizzard of Death '06
re #4 by clock (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 07:52:10 AM EST
ms. mcracky has a perfectly rounded, not too-plump, not too-light bottom that i spend a good deal of time examining.  i consider myself an expert on the subject of sexy butts and hers is a specimen to be revered.

of course if i catch you looking at it, i'll tear you apart.  in the words of the immoral bard, "hulk smash!"

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Oh yeah? by spacejack (4.00 / 5) #18 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:01:08 AM EST
Well thanks to you, I'm looking at it right now, IN MY MIND.

Turn your head a little to the left by Rogerborg (4.00 / 5) #34 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:40:40 AM EST
Now I'm watching it in spacejack's mind as well.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Well... by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #19 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:02:42 AM EST
That may or may not be the case, that is to say, that's hearsay at this point, and I'm a man who deals with facts, so all I can say is if you wish to post photographic evidence I would be happy to offer up my expert opinion.

Trust me, I've studied female buttocks on most of the major Continent's on the planet and as such I really know my stuff.

the immoral bard by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #21 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:07:41 AM EST
William "Bud" Shakesbutt?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

If no-one enters an MFC by cam (2.00 / 0) #28 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:21:23 AM EST
I win by default. This could be a good thing. I will have to do a couple of other entries, so I tie up second and third place too.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

In that case by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #33 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:33:30 AM EST
I'll throw something up there just to get a lock on second place.

I need to find me a damn lead singer if I ever want to seriously compete in these things.

--Your best pal Bob

I record guitar lines first go by cam (2.00 / 0) #39 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 09:21:02 AM EST
same with bass, but vocals - I record them twenty times each as my voice sucks so hard.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

4 by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #45 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 12:29:44 PM EST
hey now, i happen to have quite a nice ass, and i'm fairly sure i'm white...
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Those of us who have missed husimeets by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #47 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 03:39:21 PM EST
need proof. Plspstpix.

Wumpus

If you were more white, you'd be transparent. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #48 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 04:22:23 PM EST

When I tan by cam (2.00 / 0) #49 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 06:08:46 PM EST
I have to go from pale-blue before I tan to white.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

re: Caucazoid Booties by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #46 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 03:08:36 PM EST
You need to start shopping at Target more often, if you have any civilised neighbourhoods in your city.

2) w.t.f.? by theantix (2.00 / 0) #50 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:17:12 PM EST
What, are you some sort of nazi?

____________________________________
You sir, are worse than Hitler.
Bullet points from the edge... | 53 comments (53 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback