Print Story Now the fun starts
By LilFlightTest (Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 12:08:49 PM EST) (all tags)
or something. it'll be a roller coaster, i'm sure.

as i can no longer afford my antidepressants, i'm coming off them. i dont know if i'm worried about this, or not. i know things are a lot less stressful than they used to be, and i now have a lot more time to devote to myself...but if self-time isnt enough, i dont know what happens. we're going to find out, i guess. the next few weeks will tell. yesterday was my first smaller dose. so far, so good. one good thing, though, might be that i'll sleep better and nap less. might be nice.
< Trusting Soul | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Now the fun starts | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
*hugs* by ana (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 12:15:23 PM EST
Good luck.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Good luck and a warning by zarathus (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 12:39:15 PM EST
I went off Paxil a few years ago and it was not pleasant at all.  However, once I was over the withdrawal (or what ever you want to call it) I was fine.  Hopefully you're quitting a different drug and won't have an experience like mine.  However, since I'm here I'll provide some advice.

I suggest the most gradual tapering-off you can manage.  Suicidal or other violent thoughts a known withdrawal side effect of many of these drugs.  Good support from friends and loved ones or professional support are a must-have in such situations.

You're obviously not shy about it, otherwise you wouldn't have told all of HuSi.  Let the people close to you know what you're doing and what your plan is.  Talk regularly with those closest to you as the process goes on.

----------
Blogger - n. Someone with nothing to say writing for someone with nothing to do.

effexor by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 01:54:36 PM EST
i've gone off this one in the past, and it wasnt too bad. my doc gave me a starter pack to use backwards to wean off. the reason i went on it again to begin with was because i was so stressed and busy that i didnt have time to just relax and deal with my depression in my own way. so maybe going the meds route was cheating, but life was what it was. now, i dont have to worry about school and homework anymore, so i go to work and can come home and spend the rest of the evening just taking care of my own needs. it's nice.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Elope. Elope NOW! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 01:52:41 PM EST
And what ana said.

A marriage is not consumated by cam (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 03:37:15 PM EST
unless Elvis is the celebrant.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Heheheheh. You said "consumated" by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 05:15:24 PM EST
and "celebrant". . . Oh, wait.

Can you afford St John's Wort and fish oil? by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 02:12:07 AM EST
They won't work, but at least you'll smell of flowers and fish.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Now the fun starts | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback