Print Story Attention Infidel Infidels!
By ana (Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 09:51:46 AM EST) (all tags)
Stuff about my nano.

Stuff about my birthday. Now playing with a full deck.

Stuff about Boston Husi Lunch.

Stuff about stuff.

Poll about stuff.

So, last November, as many of you know, I wrote a nano novel. Some of you actually have copies of same. I'm thinking I need a writing project for the summer, and re-re-writing that might be a good one. Please to get any comments you might have in, soonish, kthxbye. If you haven't seen it but would like to, PM me or something.

So tomorrow's my birthday, and, finally, I'll be playing with a full deck. Lately the deal is we go out someplace special for dinner, chosen by the newly aged. Still wondering what to pick. But there's a stack of unidentified loot accumulating. :-)

Re: Boston Husi Lunch... How about Thursday the 22gn, around 12:30? Kellnerin suggested getting something and eating it in Columbus Park. I'm unsure about what in the way of take-out restaurants are local to the area, but it's a cool idea if the weather's nice.

Other stuff. Been playing some lately with odd musical notions. Notably Just Intonation, where the notes in the scale are in ratios of small integers instead of powers of the twelfth root of two. It has some "true" intervals in it, but also some "wolf" intervals, which the composer is required to work around. Lots of early music kind of assumes some kind of Just Intonation. In Bach's time, they were beginning to get away from that toward equal temperament, where all the half-steps are the same size, and you can play in any key without retuning the instrument. The modulation you think of as typically Bach is a demonstration of the virtues of this system. I snared a garageband plug-in that's supposed to support Just Intonation with a MIDI keyboard. Haven't had time to play with it yet.

Also among odd musical things is the Locrian Mode, pretty much B to B on the white notes of a piano. Kinda cool because the 5th is diminished to a tritone. I might do something with that for the MFC. And I have a meditation on summertime that I wrote yesterday, which could perhaps be used with some alterations as a lyric. Hmm.

Stuff. Got too much of it. Starting to recycle, slowly. Got rid of a couple old computers and a printer the other day, and started making a dent in the pile of ancient journals (c. 1980) in my basement.

< Rainbows, construction and lighting | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention Infidel Infidels! | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
stuff by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 11:21:20 AM EST
NoReReWriMo, hmmm. Totally missed the actual EdMo as far as feedback. Will dig out my copy and start scribbling, again. Maybe have another lunch for the handoff. As an aside, I can see future WFCs possibly inserting themselves in this incarnation ...

Lunch, yeah. Date is good. Outside is a bit of a gamble but we must have used up all our rainy days by now, surely? (ha, ha) There's Quincy Market (though it's crowded & touristy on nice days), or more mundane fare like Au Bon Pain nearish, or if we wanna do something different, Sultan's Kitchen (Turkish). But that may not be too outdoor-friendly. Will ponder more on this, or just wait for ad hoc to come up with a better idea, as he always does.

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."

Handoff... by ana (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Jun 17, 2006 at 02:26:55 AM EST
another lunch, sure, or maybe the long-delayed having you over to the house sometime. Since I wrote the house into the book, after all. Extra incentive? ;-)

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

oooh by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #10 Sat Jun 17, 2006 at 02:38:47 AM EST
Indeed. OK, now I have to gather something for to hand over.

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."
Temperments by riceowlguy (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 12:37:13 PM EST
I remember playing around with a Korg digital piano in the computer music lab at my high school, and its ability to simulate just temperment (and several other tunings) in any key you wanted.  It made C Major (or whatever) sound awesome, and F# Major sound like when Harry Potter opens the egg not-underwater.

full deck by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 01:55:59 PM EST
with jokers?
---------
Dance On, Gir!
It's all jokers by ana (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 02:00:17 PM EST
all the way down. From here.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

cool by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jun 15, 2006 at 02:01:59 PM EST
way cool.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Incorrect. by Armaphine (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 12:08:37 AM EST
The jokers are to the right, and the fools are to the left.
There was something in middle, but I forget what.

Question authority. Don't ask why, just do it.

Standup by ana (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 08:35:53 AM EST
Sitdown, Fight Fight Fight!

Also, comma, nice to see you.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Me by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Jun 17, 2006 at 01:49:09 AM EST
And You.

Trust me, you really didn't want to get stuck here.

LUNCH! THURSDAY! by molasses (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:39:10 AM EST
Works for me!

I know it migh be pricy and perhaps not quick enough, but how about Naked Fish?  I LOVE that place and it's a Boston-only establishment.

if not, anything is fine.  Just keep me posted.  Could you perhaps post a final announcement diary with time and place so I don't loose track of the information?  Muchly appreciated!

Yay! by ana (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:43:58 AM EST
I'll be intermittant in my net-attendence the next couple days. If somebody else (toxicfur? Kellnerin?) would be kind enough to post a reminder...

After a battle with a remarkably hostile website (nakedfish.com), it appears they're only in the 'burbs and not the city.

Other suggestions, anybody?

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

incredibly hostile. by ana (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 07:49:40 AM EST
Their list of locations is sadly incomplete; apparently there's one in the Quincy Market, which would be handy enough.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

redirect... by ana (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 08:07:47 AM EST
Further discussion might or might not occur here.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM