Print Story Kung-fu hamsters
Boredom
By sL1mB0y (Mon May 08, 2006 at 10:32:23 PM EST) (all tags)
Well, got my letter from Hulver at the weekend which has kind of prompted me to (try) and start posting diaries again.

Not quite sure what's been going on though

Lets see ... Personal life ... Check.

It's still there, it's still kind of ticking over at the moment but things are very much in the balance at the moment - missus is very, erm, how to say this nicely, jealous, paranoid and insecure.  Yep that about covers it.

Starting to get pissed off about little things ... she see's it as perfectly acceptable to go through my e-mail whenever she feels like it and get in a mood about some spam or something that I received years ago and hasn't been deleted ... I'm a very lazy mail reader - sometimes I delete sometimes I don't.  Fact I've been moving mail systems every couple of days while I sort out the network at home hasn't helped either.

Band life ... Check ... Yep that's still going strong ... had a couple of gigs in the past month, the last one at the Hertford Marquee was a particularly good one even though the singer bust a string on his guitar half-way through, but this just seemed to improve his front-man act and involved rolling on the floor, standing on the drum riser and playing my bass with the mic at various points, so all in all a pretty good gig.

Been asked back to support a band called The Imperial Vipers at some point, who are a pretty decent local band and are also in the process of signing a record deal.  Interesting.

Gone in for a couple of festival/concert support slots through competitions etc.  Trying to play at the Gosforth Festival up near Newcastle with the likes of Therepy, Goldie Looking Chain and others, plus there was a competition on Virgin to play support for Bon Jovi at Milton Keynes bowl.

Work life ... Check ... Still going well - that's part of the reason I haven't been posting here that often - I've been trying to stop being distracted by the web etc during the day, and at night if I dare to spend longer than 10 minutes on the computer when I'm not working then she gets in a mood with me, but my boss is on holiday for the next week or so, so I'm going to try and let the web filter back into my working day.

Other stuff .. Check ... Well there is other stuff anyway.  Was surprised by Sven's decision to take Theo Walcott to the World Cup considering he's never seen him play a first-team game for Arsenal, and in fact has just seen him play a 11 v 11 half-pitch training game.  Still, apparantly he's got more legs than Henry, so hopefully Henry will stay longer and help train him up.

Was pleased by our result Sunday against Wigan, and even though I'm a Gunner, was unsure about the decision not to postpone the Spurs-West Ham match ... not too sure if the result would of been any different.  Anyway, here's to May 17th when (hopefully) we'll beat Barca in Paris and convince Henry to stay at Highbury^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HEmirates

Want to try and get down to some of the matches, but the different options for tickets etc. just seems to confuse me.  Should I be a Red Member, a Green Member, a Gold Member, how much is each membership ... confusion ... plus they have no details for tickets at Emirates as far as I can see.

Home network ... Check ... got 2 PC's, laptop all going out through a Dell dual Xeon workstation I'm using for my gateway and development machine ... also managed to get PXE network booting working, so just need to figure out how to get Wake-on-LAN working and I'll be happy.  Doing transparent proxy for the web on it as well, and zapping of ad's.

Hmmmm, well think that's it covered ... I will of course try and post more regularly as well.

Laters!

< How hard could it be? Birds do it... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Kung-fu hamsters | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Nice to hear from you by hulver (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon May 08, 2006 at 10:39:05 PM EST
See, I've been sat here waiting for you to post!
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Membership by TPD (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon May 08, 2006 at 11:39:22 PM EST
I'm silver at ~£30 (I can't remember what I paid exactly) which basically entitles you to buy tickets (1 per membership) in advance of them going on general sale (2 months instead of 1 month before the game). You can normally get tickets for most games but the major games such as Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham have been difficult and you need to be able to dedicate a morning trying the day they go on sale (and be lucky), again not sure if new capacity will help this or just further screw up ticket masters systems.

Gold is Season ticket not sure what these are going for nowadays, but I'm pretty sure even with the new stadium there's a waiting list.

In terms of Highbury no tickets beyond the first couple of rounds of the league cup ever really went on general sale but how that will change with the new capacity I don't know. Red memembersip is essentially a feeder scheme to get onto the silver (which has a limited number of places) I believe, I think you may get advanced ticket sales but after the silver members and I'm not sure how many tickets and for what games make it that far. Hopefully this year with the extra seating you'd get straight onto Silver (but again I'm not sure)

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Cool by sL1mB0y (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue May 09, 2006 at 12:19:55 AM EST
I've just signed up and they're after £30 for Red membership ... noticed that they'll have 13000 extra places available but half are to be available to Islington residents ... Have to wait for pay-day again I guess :)
Lemmy loves you
I really don't know what to think by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue May 09, 2006 at 12:59:02 AM EST
about Walcott. Maybe Sven's planning to bring him on at the end when everyone's knackered? He can be quite a good tactician, our Sven.

The wife stuff isn't good. Have you spoken to her about it? I'm not an agony aunt but snooping is usually a sign of unhappiness elsewhere.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Catchup by Breaker (4.00 / 6) #5 Tue May 09, 2006 at 01:59:40 AM EST
You've missed:

MNS's driveby internet shooting
Webwench's fling with ad_hoc
Outrage when CBB posted a diary picture of his wife in a hijab
Nebbish proclaiming support for the Tories
RogerBunty actually being sympathetic to someone
Thrusty posting a diary when sober
JtL repudiating his support for Chelski
BobAbooey skipped lunch one day

Did I miss any?

tell her by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue May 09, 2006 at 05:15:36 AM EST
she can read your email if you get to screen her text messages, phone calls and log all her internet access, check her bank balance, and comment on how/where she spends her money based on the content in those statements. Tell her cash withdrawls are a no-no.

I'm struggling to find a good reason to stay with such a snooper/control-freak.

Kung-fu hamsters | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback