Print Story I'm Surrounded by Idiots
By JrSysAdmin (Mon May 08, 2006 at 04:08:03 AM EST) idiots, morans, retards, numbskulls, boneheads (all tags)
Healthcare

A lot of doctors' offices are using computers to keep track of things these days.

The doctor's office I work at has 3 partners and 2 nurses, plus a receptionist.  They use the computers to store patient records or something, I'm not medically trained so I'm not sure about that end of things.

Anyway, I recently upgraded these machines from LOOSEdows to Linux and you'd think I set the place on fire there was so much screaming.  "We can't get to our patients records!" and "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO OUR COMPUTERS??" were all I heard from the nurses and receptionist that day.  OK, first of all, I improved them.  Second of all, didn't you see the helpful little cheatsheets I put by the keyboard?  It shows how to start emacs, has little reminders about ctrl-a, ctrl-d, etc.  They should be able to do basic patient record editing using these commands and once they are used to it they can even write macros.

After they calmed down a little and opened up to the idea of upgrading, they started asking me where their patient records actually were.  Look, I'm the computer guy, not a filing clerk

Fucktards.

< A Day in the Life | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I'm Surrounded by Idiots | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That's all very well by komet (4.00 / 5) #1 Mon May 08, 2006 at 04:12:42 AM EST
but what are your views on breasts?

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Also, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon May 08, 2006 at 06:19:54 AM EST
if you have good views on breasts, please post pictures of your views.

Can you do a series by jump the ladder (4.00 / 6) #2 Mon May 08, 2006 at 04:14:37 AM EST
Of these cross posted from your blog so that we can all laugh at the ignorant (l)users.

We come for the singers, not the songs by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon May 08, 2006 at 04:56:37 AM EST
Doing cover versions isn't the way to build an audience.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Unimpressed. by ambrosen (4.00 / 4) #4 Mon May 08, 2006 at 05:05:41 AM EST
That's what I am.

I took an awesome poops this morning by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 3) #5 Mon May 08, 2006 at 05:21:38 AM EST

You should have seen it. Really, you totally should have seen it.

You're right. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon May 08, 2006 at 05:28:53 AM EST
The poster would probably have benefitted from a close up view.

And you could have given them the chance to view it going down the drain as you flushed it. That would have been great.

My poops so far today have not been awesome.

If today is anything like yesterday by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon May 08, 2006 at 05:32:50 AM EST

there should be like 3 or 4 more overtures I can photo document and post here. Stupid chili cheese fries + Scotch + beer + what appears to be ingested cigarettes.

I wish you look in improved poops throughout the remainder of the day, good sir. Stay strong! And also clean!

Thank you for your wishes. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon May 08, 2006 at 05:40:00 AM EST
Also, don't eat cigarettes. Sometimes ibuprofen gives you tar in the stools, though.

MNS, by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon May 08, 2006 at 06:19:59 AM EST
is this you ? (4th one down)

It isn't me by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon May 08, 2006 at 06:57:44 AM EST

I've no goon account, as their little foray into Hulver-invasion some time back left a bad taste in my proverbial mouth.

Or was that k4? Who knows anymore? Not me!

Awesome Green Poops In The Future by Improbus (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon May 08, 2006 at 06:21:04 AM EST
I had steamed asparagus, broccoli and celery last night.  I expect colorful poop in the near future.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago. --- Oma Desala
kuro5hin.org -----> by debacle (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon May 08, 2006 at 11:03:44 AM EST

Really good diary dude. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon May 08, 2006 at 02:43:50 PM EST
I feel for you though, having to deal with such a bunch of moran's.
I have similar issues at my workplace.
I hope you explained to them exactly why Linux is so much better than Windows?
Hopefully once they've spend 10 or 15 minutes playing around with it, they'll realise how much better it is, and stop bugging you.

I expect you'll get a hefty bonus from your boss too, when he/she realises just how much money you have saved them!!!
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

I'm Surrounded by Idiots | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback