Print Story You make me want to get up and scream
By R Mutt (Sun May 07, 2006 at 11:50:12 PM EST) MLP (all tags)
Chip and Pin part-suspended after fraud [:( (UK)]

[#] = Free registration required
[NSFW] = Not Safe For Work
[NSFWFUP] = Not Safe For Work For Ultra-Prudish
[(UK)] = UK-centric
[LL] = Late or repeated link
< Locked Door..LOL | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
You make me want to get up and scream | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Cities should be like Leeds by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon May 08, 2006 at 12:35:53 AM EST
Damn right they should!

- apart from the division between rich and poor, which is mentioned briefly in the article. East Leeds could be a different city altogether, it's a desperate place. Just read Urban Grimshaw and the Shed Crew, about homeless children in east Leeds. Pretty shocking stuff.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Damn the chips and pins by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #2 Mon May 08, 2006 at 01:37:44 AM EST
Full speed ahead to national ID cards, which I have been assured will bring an end to all fraud, for all time.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
don't be silly by martingale (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon May 08, 2006 at 01:57:29 AM EST
Some fraud is necessary at the political level, it's still a free society. If we lose that, then the terrorists have already won!
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
un forge able. tamper proof. by garlic (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon May 08, 2006 at 03:44:31 AM EST

I just SAID that by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon May 08, 2006 at 04:53:03 AM EST
Are you suggesting that any technology that's affordable enough to be rolled out to every sub-sub post office and back of beyond petrol station in the Realm might not afford the cast iron levels of non-forgability that we've been promised?  Because if you are, we have laws to deal with your sort.  Or if we don't, we can whip one up specially, just you wait and see.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
it sounds like you just suggested it. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon May 08, 2006 at 05:29:15 AM EST

My AFDB must have slipped by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon May 08, 2006 at 05:57:15 AM EST
So now I finally know who's aiming the Mind Control Lasers.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
I'm not sure about that. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon May 08, 2006 at 06:03:00 AM EST
We're still failing to get a sufficient lock on yo...

Oh shi...
Gave that one away, didn't I?

where can i find a domesticated pet fox? by rmg (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon May 08, 2006 at 04:54:55 AM EST
i'm sorry, but foxes are just about the cutest thing and a lot more attractive than any of their canine cousins.

anyone know where i can get one?

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.