- I had a near brush with death over the weekend. I woke up Saturday with a runny nose, scratchy throat, aches and pains, hacking cough and random sneezing, all classic symptoms of cardiac arrest. Or so I thought. It turns out, thanks be to God, I just have a coldius comminus, or rather a common cold. Still, it was a pretty scary moment to wake up and look straight into the face of the grim reaper.
- I made the 27,487 hour drive to smalltowne to visit my pops and grandpops. They don't know that I'm on the verge of death with this whole cholesterol thing and as such pops whipped up a nice dinner which contained nothing but 100% saturated fat. From the cheese -n- crackers ~y~ sausage hours de oeuvres to the cheesy broccoli and the cheesy scalloped potatoes to the cheese glazed ham to the giant hunk of cheesecake for dessert it was the absolute worst food someone with one foot in the grave could cram down their pie hole. Yet I did. I figure I should be okay though as my next blood test isn't until the end of July by which time all that stuff should be out of my system. Otherwise I've been eating very well.
- I've got a pal who is a loser and doesn't have an MP3 player. From time to time he asks me to steal various songs from the Internet and burn them to an old-school audio CD for him. I'm down with that, just another chance to stick it to the ol man. So I burned him a disc with my new PC and the first 4 songs all play just swell, however the other 8 songs on it all skip. WTF??? I burned another one and the same thing happened only about 6 of the songs were skipping. WTF?? Is this a sign of burning the CD at a "too fast" rate of speed? Faulty CD's??? I never had a problem doing it with my loonux box so I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting.
- For lunch today I had the
chicken ~y~ bloccoritereyaki chicken sub on whole wheat from Subway. Hold the cheese, of course, and nothing but 100% no fat veggies crammed on it. Indeed, no more chineese runch's with pork fried rice for a while.
- When I got back from Smallville I went to the 24 hour Huge Hawk Grocery Outlet and spent about $200 clams on fresh veggies and fruit and crap. Tonight I'm planning on having me a big ol pasta salad with lots of the aforementioned veggies stuck in it. For the life of me I don't know why veggies are so friggin expensive, they're fee to grow and you only have to pay some migrant worker $1.50 an hour to pick them, so they must be making a tonne of profit on those things. Bah.
|< Xooberon | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|