Print Story Non-Mensa Puzzle
Funny stuff
By ObviousTroll (Sun May 07, 2006 at 08:35:11 AM EST) (all tags)
  1. My famous experiment in "getting high" had shocking consequences.
  2. I am well known for making a "spectacle" of myself.
  3. I have been famous for hundreds of years. When I was alive, there were times when I was loved, and times when I was hated, in America, England and France.
  4. Despite being a younger son of a poor man, and a runaway, I rose high enough to wangle a royal appointment for my own son. This created great problems at the end of my life, however.
Who am I supposed to be? (picture clue inside)

Bonus for non-historical types:

Please provide a caption for this photo:

< China Pics | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Non-Mensa Puzzle | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I think you forgot a clue by lm (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun May 07, 2006 at 09:35:40 AM EST
famous for showing my pecker to random passers-by out my window

Cicero, The Republic
Caption by Herring (4.00 / 6) #2 Sun May 07, 2006 at 09:51:37 AM EST
Can't sleep - clowns will get me.

Herring - Official HuSi diarist of the 2016 European Korfball Championship (October 22nd, Dordrecht, Netherlands)
Cute pic. by calla (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun May 07, 2006 at 10:57:47 AM EST
I think you are a better Ben than our nation's official Ben.

Thanks. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon May 08, 2006 at 02:11:21 AM EST
I did actually study for the part; and a lot of people asked me how long I'd been doing it (heh. All day, buddy. All. Day.)

The second day I got such an amazing reaction from other guests at the hotel we were even talking about whether it would be worthwhile for me to "take the show on the road" and do a Franklin talk at schools and such.

You're no good to me dead. Even half-alive would be socially awkward. - Hugh MacLeod

Caption: by thenick (4.00 / 3) #4 Sun May 07, 2006 at 01:16:53 PM EST
Look everyone, it's Ronald McDoubletree!

----------------------------

"'Vengence is Mine', quoth Alvis. And then he shot the guy, right in the freaking face!"

Wow. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun May 07, 2006 at 01:20:02 PM EST
You really know your carpet patterns!

Caption by johnny (4.00 / 2) #6 Sun May 07, 2006 at 02:30:12 PM EST
Bush considering options in naming replacement for Porter Goss.

Oh, now. That's not nice. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun May 07, 2006 at 03:08:00 PM EST
What did that clown ever do to you?

He caused a bunch of my friends to quit. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon May 08, 2006 at 03:01:55 AM EST
Oh, you meant the other clown.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Oh, oh! by Vertical Frankenstein (4.00 / 3) #8 Sun May 07, 2006 at 03:30:15 PM EST
I know!  It's Ozzy Osborne! </american>

Nope. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon May 08, 2006 at 02:14:39 AM EST
My family wasn't as weird.

True by Vertical Frankenstein (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon May 08, 2006 at 02:53:29 AM EST
That, and you can complete a sentence of more than two words.

/No one's/ family is that weird. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon May 08, 2006 at 03:03:00 AM EST
Well, actually, I may be overstating that. A bit. Come to think of it, most families are that weird. A different weirdness, maybe, but still weird.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I know, I know! by martingale (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun May 07, 2006 at 04:07:10 PM EST
It's Dougal wearing a funny pirate hat!
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
One of us feels insulted. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon May 08, 2006 at 02:13:46 AM EST
But I'm not sure if it's me or the dog.

:-P