Print Story just a quick one
things have been about as good as they could be on the home front.

misslake is a godsend. i can't say enough good things about her.

as if that weren't enough, i am surrounded constantly by so many other wonderful people that it is only by insuperable strength of will that i maintain my cherished disaffected punk rock demeanor.

particularly there is one girl who renders me into a state of decidely non punk rock bliss.

i lay on my bed last night with blixco's x_girl.mp3 and dwfosw2.mp3 queued up loudly on rythmbox. I intended to listen to each song once, but then this particular girl came and lay next to me and i suddenly saw very little reason to get out of bed and change the playlist.

as such, we listened to these two songs on repeat for the better part of an hour and a half. they are good songs.

#

also last night, a little later, my mom called. she had been in toronto for the day for work and was out drinking with some coworkers. so i hopped on my bike and joined them at the hotel patio bar where i regaled them with tales of high adventure on the streets of the city. my mom bought me two jameson's & sodas.

incidentally, my mom was a big fan of x_girl.mp3 when i played it for her over christmas and was excited when i indicated that blixco had recorded another song with my lyrics and that there were potentially more in the works.

#

and on the subject of family, my two little sisters (aged 20 and 21) are currently in London staying at some hostel. i offered to see if any of my creepy internet friends would want to put them up for a night, but they weren't into it.

but i figure London can't be that big--i mean, how much room is there on that island anyway--so if you see a couple of blonde girls with quaint canadian accents, say hi.

#

may is one of the two months of the year (the other being september) where i am truly reminded of how amazing my couriering job is.

also, i have been taking advantage of the nice weather by skating a lot and playing tennis as often as i can find partners. it's great. every muscle in my body is sore, some of them twice.

#

606: let me reiterate that you are welcome back anytime. last night (late in the night, after getting back from the hotel bar) i hung out and had a couple of drinks with KT and she spoke very highly of you. it was a real pleasure to have you here.

#

the end. peace out.

< The lights, it burnsssssess us | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
just a quick one | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
20 & 21? by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu May 04, 2006 at 08:33:16 AM EST
Hrm, the night's but just begun, I demand creepy internet stalker drinks!

I can see that going over well by debacle (4.00 / 7) #8 Thu May 04, 2006 at 10:41:14 AM EST
"Hwey 235t6,m I bnadge botgh if upir sidtres."

Mmm, sisters... by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu May 04, 2006 at 11:37:25 AM EST
Question: What should be a higher priority, sisters or mother and daughter?

grandmother and mother of course by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu May 04, 2006 at 11:51:17 AM EST
you like them properly aged.

I think it goes: by debacle (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu May 04, 2006 at 12:21:07 PM EST
Wife>Daughter>Mother>Sister

Huh. Cool. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu May 04, 2006 at 09:01:33 AM EST
We make a good team.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
My little sister's been living in England by Greener (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu May 04, 2006 at 09:16:04 AM EST
for over a year now. Fortunately she's living no where near any of the UK HuSi'ites as far as I know.

How do you know by hulver (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu May 04, 2006 at 09:58:32 AM EST
Unless you give us directions to her house ;)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
and that's exactly why I didn't mentioned it befor by Greener (4.00 / 2) #5 Thu May 04, 2006 at 10:10:18 AM EST
e

I still worry a bit when some of the lads here go out on the pull.

Fortunately? by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 2) #9 Thu May 04, 2006 at 11:36:41 AM EST
Fortunately? Dude, you're depriving her!

I suppose you're right. by Greener (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu May 04, 2006 at 12:28:53 PM EST
You guys I can keep tabs on. Who knows what she's getting up to right now.

Here's a hint for ya. She's working in a Starbucks in the midlands and living with my 80 year old Great Aunt. Go forth and seek her out.

Ewwwwww by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu May 04, 2006 at 02:51:02 PM EST
Dude, you didn't tell me she's a Northener. I feel so dirty.

She's starting to pick up a horrible accent too. by Greener (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu May 04, 2006 at 03:19:12 PM EST
Technically she's still Canadian though. Take that any way you like.

Really? by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu May 04, 2006 at 04:21:52 PM EST
Any way, you say? Hmm.

Oh, are you still talking about my sister by Greener (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu May 04, 2006 at 04:36:37 PM EST
I was referring to my great aunt.

Bro by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 3) #6 Thu May 04, 2006 at 10:12:47 AM EST
Misslake is quite the hottie, you're whack to be looking at other dames.

I mean, unless she smells funny or something like that.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

she smells wonderful by 256 (4.00 / 3) #7 Thu May 04, 2006 at 10:19:01 AM EST
nt
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
This diary is in very bad taste by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu May 04, 2006 at 01:58:54 PM EST
Gloating is so gauche.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
good thing i don't know what that means by 256 (4.00 / 2) #15 Thu May 04, 2006 at 02:01:46 PM EST
i'll be sure to post two next time something bad happens
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni