Print Story I'm a complete moron
Books
By komet (Tue May 30, 2006 at 01:44:17 AM EST) book (all tags)
I managed to order a book from Amazon, despite the fact that I already have a copy in my possession, and I have apparently (from the creased spine) already read it. Can't remember a thing about the story, though.

The book in question is Dune: House Corrino, one of the prequels by Herbert's sprog.

What should I do with it? Vote.

I'm considering declaring it a prize to go to the winner of WFC2, but what kind of guy gives someone a book he bought twice because the story is so forgettable? Or maybe I'm just going senile.
< that is it. i want my possessions identified. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I'm a complete moron | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Is it comparable to the other prequels? by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #1 Tue May 30, 2006 at 01:46:40 AM EST
Is the paper soft and absorbent?

It has 'Dune' on the cover by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue May 30, 2006 at 02:37:19 AM EST
At the very least he'll never need another sleeping pill.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Dune is the new ambien by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue May 30, 2006 at 05:29:11 AM EST
~nt~

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

vice versa, I'd say by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue May 30, 2006 at 05:37:10 AM EST
NT

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Right O - good point by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue May 30, 2006 at 05:40:00 AM EST
~nt~

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I think you'll find that it's flammable. by Imperial Mince (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue May 30, 2006 at 02:41:22 AM EST

This space reserved for whining like a little bitch and being sanctimonious.
If you can't remember reading it.... by anonimouse (4.00 / 3) #4 Tue May 30, 2006 at 02:52:52 AM EST
You should sell both copies.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
make a candle out of it by martingale (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue May 30, 2006 at 02:55:01 AM EST
I remember when I was a kid, we'd take softcover books and fold each page in the manner of a rocket, then we'd glue the front and back covers together, and drip a lot of wax over the whole thing. Oh the fun we had!

I'm halfway through the dune Butlerian jihad prequel, and I'm hoping the robots win. If they don't, I'm sending the book to robotwars.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$

Amnesia by Vulch (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue May 30, 2006 at 03:27:29 AM EST

It's about the best possible result from reading a Brian Herbert/Kevin Anderson effort...

obvious answer by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue May 30, 2006 at 03:32:32 AM EST
Kill yourself.

Turn off 1-click-ordering by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue May 30, 2006 at 03:36:34 AM EST
Turn on the "No, seriously?" nag option.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Release it by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue May 30, 2006 at 04:20:19 AM EST
Bookcrossing.com
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
I've done that before by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Jun 01, 2006 at 12:58:31 AM EST
It means the book's shit

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

I'm a complete moron | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback