Print Story I Am Being Stalked
By motty (Wed May 03, 2006 at 03:14:37 PM EST) fun loving cowwqas., fucked up cowwqas., magic smoke, fuck (all tags)
Stalked by Dr Sir Thrustalot.

That's twice in two years now. He is totally following me around. I don't know why. There's no point to it.

I know, I'm obviously just saying that to make the rest of you girls jealous. Even so.

Inside: stuff

So.

Those of you who are stalking me will know already that this has not been the easiest few weeks of my life to say the least. The magic smoke came out of my computer in the middle of April - it being the season for the 1999 / 2000 vintage machines to up and die all of a sudden - and like a complete dick I had neither backups nor an on-hand emergency at-least-it-gets-online machine.

This kind of fucked up the cartoons for a bit and I missed a couple of updates - to my total horror - until I cobbled together an old laptop of my dad's, Damn Small Linux (which is a damn fine distro, btw), and the fucking firmware required for my piece of shit broadband modemmy thing. Bastard Alcatel bastards requiring firmware. Bastards.

It has totally fucked up my recording schedule too, of course, since the laptop is one of those that thinks it has a soundcard but actually does not, and I now realise why maybe a PCI styley proper one was as cheap is it was. This is my excuse for non-participation in the last MFC and I am sticking to it. Annoying though.

With luck I will get to pick up another old cast-off machine tomorrow and see whether my old HDDs are fried.

Hardware question. When a machine dies because the magic smoke has come out of what looks like a capacitor, and results in behaviour such that when you try and switch it on, all it does is send pulses through all the LED's that continue to peter out even after the power switch is turned to Off, a little like a delay pedal or something, that's probably not great news for any magnetic-type devices that might be hooked up at the time, am I right? As in, I might really have lost everything after all.

Oh, fuck.

Other than that, life on $Dating_Site has gone bezerk with the advent of spring, and I am now being stalked by several unsuitable women of the female persuasion, some of whom I actually like, though I probably shouldn't. More news when hell finally freezes over, which I believe is planned for June.

I wish I'd made it to LHusi drinks, but the truth is that my precarious financial situation is such that I couldn't even afford a travelcard that day, let alone a pint, so I let discretion be the better part of valour.

I fucking love you guys. You do know that, don't you. Yes you do.

Good.

Enough already.

< Movie Review: United 93 | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I Am Being Stalked | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Are there men by moonvine (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed May 03, 2006 at 07:14:33 PM EST

of this particular persuasion:

unsuitable women of the female persuasion

Just finished a discussion, (or has it started), with calla on girly girls. Women of the male persuasion or males of the female persuasion? Which is it!

Man I just need to get my head out of real living and stick it in the interweb more often : P

My understanding... by motty (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed May 03, 2006 at 07:27:11 PM EST
... limited though it may be, is that yes, there are. Or so I have been told.

I am however not a reliable witness to this kind of thing, though I believe others not far from here could arguably amplify on the subject.

The truth is (perhaps obviously) I was just using a cute turn of phrase for the sake of it rather than making any kind of particular point I intend to stand by.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

it was a very by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed May 03, 2006 at 07:30:57 PM EST
cute turn of phrase : )

*nods* by motty (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed May 03, 2006 at 07:40:00 PM EST
Thanks.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
Um, by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri May 05, 2006 at 03:50:06 PM EST
why're you nodding your sweet head? i was referring kindly to the lady in question.

I Was Nodding In Agreement by motty (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri May 05, 2006 at 04:04:41 PM EST
General, vague agreement, but agreement nonetheless. More a function of the percentage of alcohol in my bloodstream at time of posting than anything else, please be sure.

Also, I was unaware that there was a lady in question. Any specific lady, that is. Perhaps you know something I do not. In fact it is very likely. Most people know a great deal of things that I do not.

I fear that perhaps we are talking at cross purposes.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

i know notheeng. by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri May 05, 2006 at 04:27:27 PM EST
my original comment teasing you on your phrase usage to your reply of........> cute turn of phrase.......> from the original transcript...   > several unsuitable women of the female persuasion.....> to my very own feminine turn of phrase......>cute "lady".......> in question.

All right now? Motty, I am very vague and run on on these bloggies. I am all too precise and direct in my real life that here i love to "speak" in circles and metaphors. It humors me to no end.

actually i am this way in real life. oopsies.

btw, why are these ladies, literal, inappropriate for you, especially if you like some of them? Curious to the your reasons behind this. Isn't it past two in the morning there?

I see by motty (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri May 05, 2006 at 04:59:50 PM EST
We are both, clearly, from Barcelona, in this case.

Why yes, it is past two in the morning here.

As for why any woman interested in me is almost certainly a priori unsuitable, at this particular juncture in my life, vid my diaries passim. But only if you are really really really bored or something.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

I voted for... by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed May 03, 2006 at 09:53:48 PM EST
Hang in There, but mostly because I'm looking forward to living vicariously through the forthcoming stories of your adventures with unsuitable women from $Dating_site.

Adventures by motty (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu May 04, 2006 at 04:27:16 AM EST
That's a good idea. I shall have adventures.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed May 03, 2006 at 10:11:28 PM EST
Seriously, you're the only HuSi fella I've ever run into on a random basis.

In other news: Fuck me am I hungover. Apologies for anything blue I may have said last night :)

You think you're hungover by motty (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu May 04, 2006 at 04:26:32 AM EST
It wasn't so much the blue stuff as the brown stuff.

Apologies if I seemed rude or distracted myself...

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

Oh dear God by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu May 04, 2006 at 04:39:16 AM EST
I have little memory of that girl, although she did seem quite pretty, can't blame you for being distracted ;)

Oh, and I was mistaken this morning; I was, and still remain, pissed as a fart.

Old machine by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed May 03, 2006 at 11:45:50 PM EST
I have one if you want it.  It's not very good but it'll power up OK.  40Gb IDE disk, graphics card will do 1280x1024, 128Mb RAM, can't remember the processor but it's an AMD summat or other.  No sound card though.

Gosh. by motty (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu May 04, 2006 at 04:23:13 AM EST
That is enormously kind of you. I'm hoping to pick up another old one off my dad today though, so not to worry. Thanks even so though.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
No bother. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu May 04, 2006 at 04:33:56 AM EST
It's headed for the bin anyway; I've just kept it because I'm a squirrely bastard who thinks every computer I've built is special I've been hoping to give it away.  Need any parts out of it?  (RAM/gfx/hdd etc)

I Am Being Stalked | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback