Print Story I'm so indie that my shirt don't fit
By riceowlguy (Thu May 25, 2006 at 11:38:58 AM EST) (all tags)
MC Frontalot, Linux mishaps, four-day weekend.

So, I made it out to The Proletariat last night for MC Frontalot's Houston stop on the Nerdcore Rising Tour 2006.  Good times, agreeably not crowded (I think there might have been more people there to see the warm-up acts, 2-by-2 and The Fucking Transmissions, than the Front).  I bought the CD and got it signed (and five bucks change) from the man, the myth, the legend himself.  I had never heard "Goth Girls" before, but I think it's my new favorite (well, I guess He's So Indie will always be my favorite, because of how it reminds me of Gaddi).  The final stanza pretty much sums up my feeings:

Goth girls, goth girls: they're the girls that got
their souls stuck somewhere between the kettle and pot
frontalot been enamored of 'em since I was young
I met a hundred dozen of 'em, never ever humped one

I don't go to a heck of a lot of shows, so I didn't really know how to dress, but I made the right call in wearing my Homsar t-shirt...a girl who was wearing a Penny Arcade "Jesus is F'ing Metal" shirt saw me, and I saw her, and we gave each other the "nice shirt" look.  And some other girl asked me to do the Homsar voice, but I'm not real good at voices.

Today I discovered that SuSE 9.3 was not designed to survive an rm -rf * in /opt.

Everybody else on the team was going to be out tomorrow, so I'm taking tomorrow off too.  Four day weekend!

I'm looking forward to the WonderCat's arrival in H-town.

< proto-fascists redux | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I'm so indie that my shirt don't fit | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
curious by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu May 25, 2006 at 02:11:00 PM EST
What in /opt was all that important that Suse died?

Blizzard of Death '06
IIRC by theantix (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu May 25, 2006 at 02:19:07 PM EST
They put all of Gnome and KDE in /opt, so I imagine they could dump all sorts of other stuff in there too.

____________________________________
You sir, are worse than Hitler.
ouch by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu May 25, 2006 at 06:00:29 PM EST
I've only ever seen OpenOffice and java in my /opt

Blizzard of Death '06
Pervert! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 26, 2006 at 07:43:20 AM EST

Gnome and KDE by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 25, 2006 at 05:21:14 PM EST
I suppose I could carefully put things back together using Lynx to download stuff, but it's a test box at work so it's just easier to slash-and-burn.

Links! by lonelocust (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 07:12:23 AM EST
So, I am unclear whether my comment went through the first time and just needs to be rated before it shows up or what... the FAQ is ambiguous!

If it doesn't... In case you didn't know, Frontalot linked to this blog (under the word "out") from his website.  I only know that he also linked to my blog (under the word "internets") because a stranger commented to my LJ about it.

Also, I was the girl in the Jesus is F'ing Metal shirt.  Hi.

HOLY *@$! by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 07:38:43 AM EST
That's awesome.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

And hi back.  I only regret that Hulver doesn't allow color-changing HTML so I can put

WTS [WANG] X1 PST

in my sig and have it actually BE epic.

HOLY *@$! indeed. by lonelocust (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Jun 08, 2006 at 10:13:40 AM EST
I totally had a squeally fangirl moment upon seeing it.  :-D