Print Story Mental wounds not healing
By TPD (Tue May 23, 2006 at 02:52:53 AM EST) Guitar, crazy train, CFC?, family guy, Big Bro (all tags)
driving me insane!

tiebreak: I'm going off the rails on a ......

Guitar: YAY... I've found the best god-damn tone on my zoom mutlieffects thingy! full of chorus reverb and gain it ROCKS! Very metal, of course wont handle much beyond powerchord though....

In an attempt to regain focus I'm trying to learn Crazy train, (after my misserable attempts at mr Crowley). So far almost got the intro riff in my fingers though I keep hitting the wrong bloody string grrrr. If I can manage no more of ther song I'll be happy to have learnt such a classic riff!

CFC?: Is there a revised deadline?

Family Guy: Series 4 is most rocking... I'm glad I got it for SBOH for her birthday! But there was one scene that has cracked me up more than any other.... is it brilliant? A-HA!

Big Brother: Been occasionally dipping into it, still at the my god these people are incredibly annoying point but then it normally is in the first week. Shebangs (shebangs) or whatever his name is looks like he's on a crazy train himself.

< Eurovision | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Mental wounds not healing | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Big Bro by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue May 23, 2006 at 03:18:36 AM EST
There's a high proportion of nice people in there this year, but it's all getting drowned out by nutter Shabaz.

Pete's great, and I absolutely love Lisa (really going to have to sort out my chav women addiction).

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

If you really love Lisa by TPD (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:22:54 AM EST
then I have a feeling you may be beyond help!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I'm going off the rails on a... by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue May 23, 2006 at 03:33:33 AM EST
  • rocket sled.

• forty ton steam engine at full throttle.

• line of fourteen tequila hookers.
  • Evil Hulver ate the rest of the list...

CFC by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue May 23, 2006 at 03:34:44 AM EST

I better post a diary. Shit.

----
    Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
    Cool by TPD (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:18:56 AM EST
    I probably still wont tidy up that final panel for floating Gazbos but it's good to know I have time if I did want to

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
    He should be Sectioned by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #4 Tue May 23, 2006 at 03:54:43 AM EST
    I haven't seen it and have no idea what you're on about, I'm just speaking in general terms that anyone who'd self harm themselves by appearing on such a shit show is clearly not fit to be let out.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
    Tie break. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:06:16 AM EST
    I'm going off the Rails on a sudden realisation that it's not an absolutely magical web framework and you do actually have to put some effort in.

Tie Breaker by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #8 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:47:44 AM EST
    I'm going off the rails at Clapham Common on the 8:47 from Reading

Tie break by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue May 23, 2006 at 05:48:36 AM EST
    Freakishly strong magnetic impulse.

Zoom effects settings by Herring (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue May 23, 2006 at 08:57:25 AM EST
    Please elaborate. I think you may have the same unit as me.

And tiebreak: Balfour Beatty sort of a way.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

intro riff by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri May 26, 2006 at 02:58:35 PM EST
    For the first part of the intro (I assume you're refering to the catchy 2nd riff in the song...first one is all bass I think) keep your index finger anchored on the 2nd fret. You'll use your ring finger on the 4th fret of the next string up and your pinky on the 5th. Gotta use the pinky. It's very imporant for keeping the timing correct. The timing is really hard to keep if you have to move your hand. You should be able to play the entire riff in one position. For the next part you're fingering the same thing twice. You only pick it differently. Index finger on the 2nd fret and ring on the 4th fret on the next string down (E). One and two and one and two and. Index ring and index ring and. Only difference is you hit the same string (E string) twice the second time around instead of hitting the open A.

Riff 1
    |-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----4---5---4----2--0---0-2-0------------------------
    |-2-2---2---2---2-------4--------4-0------------------

That's the one by TPD (4.00 / 1) #12 Sat May 27, 2006 at 12:09:43 AM EST
    though I have been playing it

|-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----------------------------------------------------
    |-----4---5---4----2--------2--------------------------
    |-2-2---2---2---2-----5-4-5---5-4-0------------------

so 5th fret E string as opposed to open A, which is just how it was written on the tab I downloaded.

I'll try your suggestions and see if my fingers go for it more... for what should be quite a simple riff I seem to find it very difficult. No where neear getting down anything that follows yet.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM