Print Story Eurovision
By squigs (Tue May 23, 2006 at 02:41:38 AM EST) (all tags)
Okay - So I'm a bit late getting to this.

Wasn't it fun this year?  no?  Cheesy and crap then...

Naturally, the only way to enjoy the show is to drink lots and mock the performers.  So I drank lots and mocked the performers.

It was nice to see that Finnish Christian Rock group win even though I was routing for Lithuania's world Cup Eurovision song.  "We are the winners of Eurovision" was inspired.  They should have won.  The voters made liars of the poor singers.

< Why can't our tax haven | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Eurovision | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Lithuanian entry by TPD (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue May 23, 2006 at 02:48:51 AM EST
we've got a lithuaniun girl at work and I've been telling her how I think they should have won it (not that I saw all the entries).

I think she thinks I'm taking the piss, but I love it.

UK entry was shit.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

I ♥ Lithuania, too by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue May 23, 2006 at 03:58:31 AM EST
Or I thought the song was excellent.

But, Oh Lordi, it's the fat Lordis, was just too good, too.

More Eurovision discussion by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue May 23, 2006 at 03:17:13 AM EST
To be found here.

FYI.

Lithuanian entry was by far the best by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:16:43 AM EST
I know a lot of people disagree but I thought ours was quite good as well - suspend disbelief and remember that cheesiness and being a bit crap is a prerequisite for Eurovision, and you can see why. And it's a catchy tune.

Best Eurovision in ages though, as I said to Gazbo it's got its tongue firmly in its cheek now - next year's might be even better (though it's hard to imagine anyone improving on "We are the Winners of Eurovision")

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Is it just me by TPD (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:25:27 AM EST
Or wouldn't the Darkness be the perfect band to do a UK entry?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
You might be on to something there by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:40:05 AM EST
They'd have to finally admit they're a novelty band though.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

I would cry by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue May 23, 2006 at 06:14:53 AM EST
If The Darkness represented us.

I can't think who I'd want to represent us though.  Trying to think of an act who've got "that Eurovision Vibe" and are also likely to allow themselves to appear on Eurovision.

Oh man  - I've just realised how utterly brilliantly S-Club* could have done!  They've got the pop factor, the look, and the hastily cobbled dance routines!

*The attentive viewer will note that I said "S-Club" not "S-Club 7".  This is because before Paul left, there would be more performers on stage than allowed by Eurovision rules.

Knowing that about the rules by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue May 23, 2006 at 06:30:25 AM EST
has confirmed you as geek prince of pop. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I really don't know.

It's probably best as it stands, with us taking a risk on some shit second-division club novelty act and hoping that one day we'll luck out.

I mean, if it works for Sven...

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Zing! [nt] by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue May 23, 2006 at 06:41:47 AM EST