Print Story Killing time in Vienna
Travel
By Greener (Mon May 22, 2006 at 02:27:52 AM EST) Vienna (all tags)
I've been in Vienna for a couple days now and have about 5 hours to kill before going to Mass here where lilflighttest's choir will be performing. I haven't been to mass in about 20 years and have no idea what proper etiquette is or even the general procedure so I think I'll just sit in the back and try not to look too much out of place. Then I hop a night train at 10:30 to Prague and fly back home at 7 tomorrow morning.

(this Austrian layout keyboard is pissing me off)

It's been a good trip so far and with no car to break down on me it's actually worked out cheaper than last summer's trip to HusiStock.

It's also made me realize I'm not really interested in doing a longer backpacking trip through Europe as everything seems a little too similar and familiar. There are a couple countries here I'd like to spend some time in but I'm now leaning towards India or China for my next extended trip whenever that will be.

< The Naked and the Dead | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Killing time in Vienna | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You stalked her all the way to Vienna? by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon May 22, 2006 at 02:52:52 AM EST
Sir, that is hard core.  I am humbled by your dedication.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Please don't encourage this by sasquatchan (4.00 / 2) #2 Mon May 22, 2006 at 05:59:21 AM EST
we've already had a LiAD/AD sized tantrum/hissy fit from this attention starved lass on k5 about some guy writing mean things to/about her in her diaries. Let's not see that crap again, ok ? thx.

They have met before now. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon May 22, 2006 at 08:05:13 PM EST
In fact, having seen them together, I'd say they make a cute couple.

When you say "seen" by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue May 23, 2006 at 02:29:53 AM EST
As in "social setting" or as in "telephoto lens"?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
As in "Par-tay at Cheeseburger's place!" by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue May 23, 2006 at 03:25:07 AM EST
I assume you received your shipment THRUMMMM?"

NO SPOILERS, DAMMIT by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue May 23, 2006 at 04:06:10 AM EST
No, I have not had a chance to get to the Royal MailPost Office.  No hints.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
That codemonkey_uk character never even showed up by Greener (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon May 22, 2006 at 11:29:56 PM EST
and he lives there.

Her teacher was wondering who the scruffy guy in the green shirt was taking pictures and asked them if any one knew who he was. He was suprised when one of them did.

As for the pictues, I was just trying to blend in. Their entourage took 10 times the pictures I did.

places to go which would be different by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon May 22, 2006 at 07:11:05 AM EST
(a) portugal.
(b) dubrovnik and the croatian coast
(c) far northern norway, although you may have got that in canada, in effect.
Damn you by Greener (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon May 22, 2006 at 11:24:12 PM EST
The list isn`t supposed to keep growing.

Croatia and Portugal were two other destinations y sister proposed.

I don`t know if I could afford Norway

the list of places to visit by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue May 23, 2006 at 06:33:46 AM EST
Killing time in Vienna | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback