Print Story Happy Birthday To ME!!!!
By Mrs FlightTest (Sun May 21, 2006 at 08:23:51 AM EST) birthdays (all tags)
Today is all about ME!!

I am now 15,706 days old!! Damn am I ancient or what???

Interesting stuff happened throughout history on this day. See for yourself.

Lots of interesting people share my birthday.

Uncle Woody only lists a few things that happened on this day. But in some ways it is easier to read as it is not a shit load of info.

My mom wanted to name me Katrina when I was born. Since the name seems to have no meaning at all, I'm glad my dad disagreed. According to mom, dad didn't like that name because he didn't know how to spell it! I will have to ask dad his side to that story.

Fun facts about the Happy Birthday song can be found here.

So far for my birthday I got

• a dead rat, compliments of my cat, Chester.
  • a new Nokia 6102 camera phone from my hubby.
  • jack-in-the-box breakfast sandwich and chocolate bar delivered to me here at my computer by my wonderful hubby. Before you start ragging on my hunny, please understand, this is what I requested for b-fast.
I am quite content at the moment. Not being a materialistic person, birthdays are pretty mostly just another day to me. Maybe it is because I grew up in a upper low income home and never got much more than the essentials as gifts. New underwear and clothes were always part of birthdays and Christmas at my house. I remember a guy I dated who lived in Beverly Hills, his mom was an actress asking me what I wanted for Christmas the first year we were going out. My response, "Hmmm, what do I need?" He was shocked and told me, "NO, I asked you what you wanted." It was a concept I was not familiar with.

For the rest of the day I think I will be catching up on my stupid TV shows.

< weekend | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Happy Birthday To ME!!!! | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Happy Birthday by cam (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun May 21, 2006 at 08:26:58 AM EST
Chester is a cute cat. We had an orange tabby when I was a kid. More recently my wife has been feeding a local orange tabby stray (she trapped him and neutered him before releasing him back to the wild). He has been hanging around the house and will sit down and blink if we talk to him, but we cant get within six feet of him yet.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

I don't blame him. by ks1178 (4.00 / 3) #3 Sun May 21, 2006 at 01:26:55 PM EST
Would you go back near someone after they trapped and neutered you?

Happy Birthday by Pasofol (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun May 21, 2006 at 08:32:21 AM EST
All the best on your 15,507 / 365 =(rounded amount) birthday.

happy b-day! :-) <nt> by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #4 Sun May 21, 2006 at 05:13:55 PM EST

tanks (nt) by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun May 21, 2006 at 06:03:56 PM EST

happy belated birthday!!!! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon May 22, 2006 at 04:44:28 AM EST
birthdays have always been meh for me, since mine is Dec 27th.  Usually everybody forgets, and those that don't never get me anything because they already had to rack their brains for a christmas gift for me.  I used to get insanely jealous of my sister, whos birthday is in April - she got presents twice a year!  Now, I just don't care anymore, and the day itself is pretty meaningless.

happy birthday, mommy! by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri May 26, 2006 at 11:54:09 AM EST
sorry it's late, i just got home. i got you a postcard, which i will mail from here because it'll get there sooner.
Send me to Austria!
Happy Belated Birthday! by vorheesleatherface (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 26, 2006 at 02:35:32 PM EST
Cameraphone?! Geez. Someone loves you an awful lot! Way to go flighttest, eh?;)

Happy Birthday To ME!!!! | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback