Print Story Lost in the void
Sci-Fi
By greyshade (Thu May 18, 2006 at 12:30:29 AM EST) (all tags)
Where was I?  Oh yeah.  Right here, I guess.

I left my notebook at home.  Rush to work, you see.  So, I suppose I'll stick some random thoughts here just so I can find them again.

I just saw my name on my paycheck (pay cheque?) stub.  It got me to thinking...  Who am I?  What exactly do I do with my life?  What is really associated with this semi-random allocation of letters?

I attend classes at university.  This is an amusing pursuit, but probably ineffectual with respect to my overall income.  There is no possible way I can match my current income with an undergrad degree in my current focus of study.

I go out on weekends.  Sometimes on dinner dates, sometimes just hitting the clubs; but none of these things are really long term affairs.

I sometimes feel like I wander through life with just stop-gap solutions.  Let's have a bit of fun for the moment! type ideas.  I'm beginning to become concerned with the time when my measurement of life in moments wears out and I must start gauging things in terms of weeks, months, or even years.

I have no conception of how to handle this sort of situation.

Have you seen my blue shirt?

I thought I left my cigarettes around here...

Shouldn't there somehow be a wife involved in this?

< Attn Komet. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Lost in the void | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Try not to worry about it by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu May 18, 2006 at 01:36:29 AM EST
Sooner or later, you'll get so desperate that you'll shack up with one of the blind date shrews, then the rest writes itself.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
you should get a job by clover kicker (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu May 18, 2006 at 01:39:31 AM EST
answering the phone at a suicide hotline.

More like by blixco (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu May 18, 2006 at 03:09:52 AM EST
a suicide help line! Am I right?  Am I right?  Y'all are a great audience.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Paychecks. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu May 18, 2006 at 03:11:55 AM EST
You trade in your time for a certain amount of cash.  Along with that time you give up a certain amount of heat energy, and your soul.

It's easy, really.  Then you deposit the cash and you decide: adultlescent?  Or premature fogie?  Thirty-something frat-boy or thirty-something AARP wannabe?

Then you get married, if you're lucky or trapped.  And you start dreaming of things like: buying a small shack in Belize and opening a dive shop.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Indeed by Phage (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu May 18, 2006 at 03:30:45 AM EST
Alt. Turn up for work with something in a large calibre.
Alt. Start drinking heavily
Alt. Start abusing other substances
Alt. Get a 'cause' (you know who you are)

Lost in the void | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback