Print Story Another CFC entry
By spacejack (Thu May 18, 2006 at 05:34:54 AM EST) CFC (all tags)
A collaborative effort from 256 and myself. If neither of us win the most votes, at least we might have the most entries...

< One Hell of a Nerve | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Another CFC entry | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
+1 Kitty! by ana (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu May 18, 2006 at 05:44:14 AM EST
well, he's green, had 3 eyes and multiple legs, but...

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Wow by nebbish (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu May 18, 2006 at 05:57:25 AM EST
Superb

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Concur: Beautiful artwork by cam (4.00 / 3) #15 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:54:45 AM EST
What's love got to do with it? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:20:41 AM EST
What's love but a second hand emotion?

Anyways, this is great stuff, I think I'm becoming a Spacejack fanboy.

Still, you should have used a dog, cause dogs are all about love. You could chop off a dogs leg and it would limp over to you and lick your nose, meanwhile cats don't give a crap about anyone.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

ah... by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:26:39 AM EST
I think I'll let the writer field this one. I knew there would be advantages to just doing the artwork.

Or better yet! by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:33:32 AM EST
In the last frame you could have had the robot guy squish the cat in his hand. You could show him with a clenched fist and the squished cat guts dripping off his hand!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

clearly by 256 (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:36:12 AM EST
that is the implied content of panel 15.

I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
Hmm... by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:37:48 AM EST
That sounds more like a localroger type of story.

Okay then, how about this by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #12 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:42:47 AM EST
You show him with the squished cat, but you have a few tears rolling out of his left eye.

So you get a sort of paradox, he can't feel love for the cat but he can feel sorrow for having squished it to death. Brilliant! Much like the ending of Anna Karenina when she chucks herself under the train!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

WTF DUDE? by 256 (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:43:53 AM EST
can we at least get a spoiler tag on that?
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
So sorry by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:49:47 AM EST
I just assumed everyone read it already.

Well, I was just kidding anyways, that's not how it ends. Really.

If an ed. wants to spoilerize it that's okay by me.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

now i feel like an ass by 256 (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu May 18, 2006 at 07:13:26 AM EST
i was just joking.

I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

Ah.. no harm no foul by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #19 Thu May 18, 2006 at 08:52:56 AM EST
I can never tell with you Canadians as you tend to be straightforward blokes for the most part, unlike those scurvy Scottish/British thugs who attempt to trick you with every chance they get.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Perhaps by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu May 18, 2006 at 09:30:16 AM EST
You just can't recognize our brand of glib passive aggressive irony because you're an American?

Vive le Montréal libre.
where is Canada these days anyway? by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #21 Fri May 19, 2006 at 09:07:08 AM EST
actually, it so happens by 256 (4.00 / 2) #6 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:33:48 AM EST
that the creature in the last two panelsis more genetically similar to earthbound canines than felines.

weird, huh?
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

I'm not sure what it is about the comic.. by Driusan (4.00 / 3) #9 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:39:13 AM EST
but it really reminds me of a longer story version of PLIF.

Vive le Montréal libre.
Excellent!! by yicky yacky (4.00 / 4) #10 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:40:19 AM EST

Delighted to see that you've given yourself some competition! ;)

<AnalGeek> Current evidence suggests the universe isn't infinite. </AnalGeek>
<AntiGeek> Great! You totally missed the feckin' point, you cu.. ! </AntiGeek>

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
hurrah! by 256 (4.00 / 4) #11 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:40:22 AM EST
in case there is anyone to whom it is not immediately and abundantly clear, the credit for this piece lies about 5% with myself and 95% with spacejack.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
HOWever... by spacejack (4.00 / 2) #16 Thu May 18, 2006 at 06:55:42 AM EST
Credit to 256 for taking the time to write it up in comic script format, and actually having good ideas on how to write for a visual medium, as well as creating something cool that fit my one-page length request.

I do need to figure out some way of speeding up the colouring & finishing process though. Speed-wise, this isn't going to be all that practical for something longer than a few pages :/

Awesome sir by TPD (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu May 18, 2006 at 07:37:21 AM EST
Awesome!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Another CFC entry | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback