- I think the worst job on the planet right now would have to be one of the "new meidcare plan" phone counsellors. The only thing harder than trying to figure that mess out (I tried to read the book that my grandfather has and my brain was ready to explode after two pages) would be trying to explain it to some mostly-deaf completely-confused senior who only has about half their marbles left. You couldn't pay me enough to do that. I'd rather be a door to door Christian Missionary in iRaq.
- My keyboard playing is coming along quite swimmingly. I can play Greensleeves all the way through, with BOTH hands! Granted the left hand is mostly playing simply chords, but still, getting both hands to work together doing different things is right tricky. I've also been working on Fur Elise, (which is to the keyboard what Stairway to Heaven is to the guitar) which is just a great song and all the chicks dig it, so you can't go wrong there. I've got like the first 16 bars down, albeit rather slowly. Plus I'm learning Let it Be, which is right easy.
Thusly I went to the library yesterday and got a song book which I was going to photocopy (just the good songs) but now I think I'll just take pictures of it and print them out, which is kinda kludgey but it's an oversize book and I'm having trouble getting the pages to line up on the copy machine. Anyways, take my poll to vote for which Elton John song I should add to my repertoire.
- It looks like some pals of mine are planning a big trip to Vegas over Thanksgiving break this Fall and I think I'm going to partake in the journey. I've never been there and I'm not really much of a gambler, but I figure I can take some ether and rent a big white Cadillac and just take it all in.
- I went to the SubWaytm shop and had a low-fat high-yummers chicken tereyaki sub for lunch today! Woo! The hot little half negroe half asian girl waited on me too, that's a double lunch bonus for certain.
- Tonight President Bush is supposed to roll out his new immigration plan which is rumoured to include letting the National Guard take over border patrol duties. This seems like a recipe for disaster (solders are trained to kill, not handle delicate border situations which require a little smarts) however it's a better role for them than killing Arabs overseas. After all, isn't the National Guard kinda supposed to like, guard the nation??? They're called the National Guard, not the International Killing Force, right?
|< MIL day +1, we survived | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|