Print Story see the hat, bitches?
Educashun
By LilFlightTest (Sat May 13, 2006 at 10:11:09 PM EST) (all tags)
and this tassel thing? i'm not wearing it for fashion's sake. that's right, baby, the tassel has been moved to the left, ceremony completed.

upon submission of my final research paper, i will officially be done with my bachelor's degree. i walked with about a hundred others today and got my official college alumni sticker along with the diploma cover they hand out...i was hugged by half a dozen professors, some i've never even had classes with but had association with anyway. i got a literal pat on the back from the college president, and had about a million pictures taken.

after all this time....i've finally done it. i'm proud of me.

< "Spying" on Americans | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
see the hat, bitches? | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Well by Pasofol (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat May 13, 2006 at 10:23:52 PM EST
that's good to hear.  It seems like it didn't rain after all, but I could be mistaken.

I guess it'll be back to job hunting than?
Or taking some time off and relaxing?

I suggest the second part if possible.

it rained by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun May 14, 2006 at 06:59:51 AM EST
doesnt matter, they moved us indoors.

i'll be taking two weeks in austria, and two in canada, before i return to work and the search for a job.
Send me to Austria!

Yeah by Pasofol (2.00 / 0) #15 Sun May 14, 2006 at 02:57:23 PM EST
Austria can be a wonderful place to visit.
My grandfather's sister is in Klagenfurt, in a remote mountain region.
If you can take a small detour I suggest visiting Neuschwanstein in Germany not too far from Austria.

it's in the itenerary by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun May 14, 2006 at 03:59:05 PM EST
we'll be there wednesday morning.
Send me to Austria!
Make by Pasofol (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun May 14, 2006 at 04:21:54 PM EST
sure you take plenty of pictures for us here :-)

Congratulations... by edward (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat May 13, 2006 at 10:28:41 PM EST
It's no small feat. I found that "real life" can be a lot more fun. It won't really sink in until next September and you don't have to worry about school-- you can just keep living your life how you want it.

Congrats. by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun May 14, 2006 at 01:32:08 AM EST
Austria awaits.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

IAWana by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun May 14, 2006 at 01:49:13 AM EST
Congratulations! You now have a degree you can use in the real world! And now let the celebrating begin. :-)
I've got more than one membership to more than one club, and I owe my life to the people that I love. - Ani DiFranco
congratulations by cam (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun May 14, 2006 at 04:56:10 AM EST

\o/

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Kudos! by CheeseburgerBrown (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun May 14, 2006 at 06:36:17 AM EST
Now: get thee drunk.

i tried by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun May 14, 2006 at 07:00:48 AM EST
the motivation to drink was strong earlier, but when it got to a point where i could, it was sorta not there anymore. you'll have to help me with that when i visit the schoolhouse in a few weeks.
Send me to Austria!
congrats! by 606 (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun May 14, 2006 at 07:17:12 AM EST
And now, welcome to the exciting Real World! Oh wait... you're already in it! Tricky how that works.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
some grads, though by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun May 14, 2006 at 02:43:28 PM EST
have not yet entered the real world. i know a girl in particular who still lives with her parents and our education system as taught her to be unable to know anything she wasnt told. she will have problems, i think.
Send me to Austria!
she will have problems by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon May 15, 2006 at 06:44:28 AM EST
Not really.  Management enjoys people like this.

---------------
Congratulations! (nt) by fencepost (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun May 14, 2006 at 07:26:50 AM EST

woohoo! by MostlyHarmless (2.00 / 0) #11 Sun May 14, 2006 at 08:32:44 AM EST
good on ya!

I know it's been a tough slog at times, but you've made it!

Now I have to get my sorry ass in gear and do that too.

-mh
[Mostly Harmless]

It seems to me. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun May 14, 2006 at 11:51:02 AM EST
That you have done an excellent job and have very very much to be proud of. Several million congratulations.

SO PROUD OF YOU!! by molasses (2.00 / 0) #13 Sun May 14, 2006 at 12:45:32 PM EST
Great job, girlie!  Kudos!!!

*happy dance*

Hooah! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon May 15, 2006 at 08:06:34 AM EST
I went to Welsh Girl's ceremony Saturday. It seems she's in better company than previously thought.

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

Yay, you. by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon May 15, 2006 at 10:47:43 AM EST
Yay, again, I say!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

*HUGE HUGS* by rizzo (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon May 15, 2006 at 12:03:27 PM EST
I'm so damned proud of you!  Hoo-fuckin-ray!  You did it!

Enjoy your trip.  What a way to celebrate the end of such a long and twisted road.  Take good piccies for the rest of us!

Luv,