Print Story This isn't finished
By ad hoc (Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 10:01:22 AM EST) MLP, bikes, e-mail, cycling (all tags)
but I'm out of time.

Attention georgeha infidel! Fess up.

I need a new teakettle. The whistle on mine is about whistled out. If there's no whistle, I'll forget it's on the boil and burn the house down.

Red state living at it's finest.

I got an e-mail this morning from the "contact" form on my company website. It's from a hotmail address and reads:

To: postmaster@$company.com
Subject: $company contact request
From: $user@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:10:01 -0500

--------------------------------------------------------

I've looked for contact information on $company (namely phone #) and can't find you.  Not even in white pages.  Please email me your phone number. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------

REMOTE_ADDR: 1.2.3.4
Referring page: http://www.$company.com/index.html

She is correct. That's be design. Strange request, though. I can only assume it's a salescritter, although I did get a substantial RFP that way once. So I e-mailed back with a "how can I help you?" Sorry, my phone number isn't going out to random intarwab stalkers without some sort of explanation.

This scaffolding collapse has the whole city in a tizzy. Rarely have I seen such quick and vehement finger pointing by public officials charged with public safety. Apparently, it's no one's fault. Or rather, it's everyone else's fault.

Kiddie fiddler protection racket heads to Cleveland.

Got my federal tax refund Monday, so funded my IRA yesterday. I sometimes wonder if I'll live long enough to spend it.

Dammit. I'm feeling depression set in again. I hate this. I can't tell what sets it off, whether it's the weather, the relentless sameness of each and every day, or something else. The daily events vary by an hour or so either way, the procession of daily events is unvarying.

Oh my gord.

Tom DeLay in his own words.

I got the brochure for the TFCE (The Flattest Century in the East) in the mail yesterday. That raises a puzzlement. It's on Sept 10, the day after the NVP Century. Last year, I skipped the NVP to go to the TFCE. I went the night before and stayed with Mr. Misfit and his good lady wife. (Thanks again!)

I don't know if I'll go to that one this year. Logistically it's difficult since I have to get the Zipcar for more than a day.   I mean, on the one hand, NVP is much closer and it's a pretty ride, but it's also concentrated in the area that I usually ride in. The NBW ride is way farther away, so I never ride there, but it's also a huge ride (capped at 1800 riders). I went mainly because I was going for speed and I'm not doing that this year. (I'd bought into the description that it's flat, but it isn't. The GSW is much flatter and I will be doing that one.)

What to do, what to do. I have to decide soon. It's such a big ride that last year, registration was halted at the end of maybe because they'd filled all 1800 slots.

< What? The land of the free? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
This isn't finished | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'm innocent by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 10:11:25 AM EST
err, I'm not guilty of stealing Jerry's toilet, we go for the plain white kind around here.

Sure, sure. by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 10:23:56 AM EST
btw, that's a nice planter you've got in the back yard. Is that new?
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
Well by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 10:25:46 AM EST
I'm not even going to comment on the fact that they would steal his toilet. I mean, not a guitar, or a guitar pick, or an amp, or a mic. No, they took his toilet. QED.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Well, the guitar's aren't sitting out on the by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 10:48:30 AM EST
street, like the toilet was.

I think some of the guitars have gone back to their makers, some are still in the estate, it's been a few years since I followed the axe trail and all the tax problems and Widow Garcia hatred.

So it was out on the curb, was it? by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 11:45:10 AM EST
That's never been made public and is something only the perpetrator would know.

If this were an episode of CSI, it would be about 9:48 Eastern/8:48 Central and Catherine would be giving you the eye.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.

Depression. by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 11:02:56 AM EST
I keep feeling its little claws scrabbling at my brain, but I've fended it off so far.

A change in routine, even for a day or so can be good, though. So, you wanna, like, go tattoo shopping with me? I need to get a good print made of the design I want, but that shouldn't take long. After the 12th, I don't have anything lined up immediately.
I've got more than one membership to more than one club, and I owe my life to the people that I love. - Ani DiFranco

I'd love to. by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 11:45:56 AM EST
Absolutely! by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 12:18:50 PM EST
Want to shoot for sometime the week of the 17th? I have a commitment on the 18th, but other than that, I'm free, so far as I know. I'll send you an email and we can work out details. :-)
I'm easy by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 02:10:53 PM EST
The 17th is Patriot's Day. I'll be biking that morning, but they make you get off the course before the race starts, so I have to be finished by 11, but I'm usually done by 10 or so. The rest of the day is a holiday, so I'll be free (apr├Ęs showering).
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
This isn't finished | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback