Print Story jumping the gun
By gzt (Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 12:52:46 PM EST) (all tags)
I looked at my soiled pile of clothes, linens, and other washables and thought, "Oh my, this cannot last one more day without washing, but RMG LAUNDRY DAY is tomorrow!" I haven't succumbed to the temptation yet, but with 8 hours left till RMG LAUNDRY DAY [hey, it's less than 3 till the liturgical day starts...]. I will survive. I will erect a wall at midnight and not peek over: I can last one day without doing laundry.

I was looking over my mid-90's music today. I'm listening to BUSH. Thoroughly mediocre, but there are two things I like: in "Everything Zen" when he talks about not believing Elvis is dead and that part in "Monkey" where he's like, "I'm a monkey on a drip!"

Next on the list are, I suppose, Green Day and Oasis. Ha! I'm so glad I already got past Hootie and the Blowfish. Ha! Why, oh why, am I subjecting myself to the mid-90's again?

So I had an idea for my research paper, but the teacher offhandly remarked during the lecture that the question I was thinking of is a mystery which has not been solved and which there really aren't any good clues for. So, doesn't seem like fruitful ground for inquiry for a 1-quarter course. I'll see if there's something else related to the question that is answerable. The question was, if you're wondering, about eucharistic practices of certain early monasteries. As in, how did they manage, since the founders weren't ordained and they were off in the middle of nowhere. Specifically with respect to Anthony, Scetis, the Pachomians, but it's also apparently a problem for early Benedictines. The slightly later rules mention more frequent celebration of the sacraments [eg, on Saturday and Sunday for Pachomius], but it's not clear where the priests are coming from in the beginnings. Various permutations of the question, "What's the deal, yo?" were floating through my mind, but none quite reworkable yet given the purported lack of info. Well, office hours and such is a good place to discuss.

Did a mile time trial today. 8:21, yo. Not great, plenty of room for improvement, but I'm happy, given my present state of health [shoddy, and with a bad cold to boot].

I'M HOLDING OUT FOR YOU, LAUNDRY PILE!

< rmg's laundry day: not a sausage fest | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
jumping the gun | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
oh man, i listened to bush in middle school. by rmg (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 01:05:11 PM EST
it's like pearl jam with nonsense lyrics and none of the charm. still, as pearl jam ripoffs go, they're better than creed. which reminds me, i was sitting in a restaurant last week and the radio was playing creed, and i was all like, huh, this sounds remarkably like temple of the dog, except with some kind of waspy christian rock flavor. then the next song actually was temple of the dog -- see, now there's a dj with a sense of humor.

anyway, if it's really a laundry emergency, the liturgical day compromise you suggest would be acceptable. this diay, however, doesn't count as the one you write about doing your laundry, of course.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

i think that's the idea by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 01:09:37 PM EST
hitting my cache of middle school music and wondering what the hell i was thinking. it's amusing. it's painful. but, it hurts to grow up.

Mid-90's listening by The Fool (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 01:50:37 PM EST
I'm listening to Meat Loaf, "Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell" right now.

Yeppers, I'm down with this modren up-to-date music.

that's pretty hot by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 04:47:57 PM EST
now that i think of it, i don't think i've listened to that album, my meatloafing never left the debut album. so now i'm waiting for the end of time!

No Sublime to listen to? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 05:18:02 PM EST
they're mid 90's, for larger values of mid.

Mid-nineties music sucked. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 06:22:23 PM EST
In fact, it sucked so fucking bad, that I fled the fucking country and ended up killing some brown-skinned people.
I didn't do it because they were brown-skinned. I did it because they needed to cease living.

Where's my meds?