[Redacted] | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Bovril by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 06:48:56 AM EST
Is not liquid cow.  No, seriously, it really isn't.  Hasn't been for a couple of years, I believe.

Which is a damn shame, as bovril was great on toast.  It was also useful when cooking and you felt the dish needed a little hassle-free beef stock adding.

Wikipedia backs the dates up. by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 06:51:37 AM EST
Also:

"According to Unilever, "in blind taste tests 10% didn't notice any difference in taste, 40% preferred the original and 50% preferred the new product."

Umm...I'm sure that if you just gave everyone a spoonful of the stuff, fully 99% would prefer Nutella - that doesn't mean it's a better Bovril.

(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 06:54:15 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

I have a half empty 18month old jar. by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #4 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 06:59:28 AM EST
That's meaty. I can bung it on ebay for you if you want.

(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 07:16:52 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

What game is that? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 07:44:12 AM EST
I never did finish the endgame for the original Doom. Damn thing made me want to chuck my old PC through the window so I finally de-uninstalled it and washed my hands of the whole mess.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 08:18:08 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

Good lord, by 606 (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 10:56:13 AM EST
You're mad! Lemmings on the Amiga nearly destroyed my father! We had to drag him away from it and then he found Sokoban and we nearly lost him again. He's okay now, thankfully. We've weaned him down to a minor Sudoku addiction.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 12:29:19 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

no, but i have by 606 (4.00 / 1) #15 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 12:40:59 PM EST
I found it kind of buggy, and I couldn't really get into it. It had promise though.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 12:50:26 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

Mumble mumble by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #17 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 01:03:42 PM EST
You see a NEw horizon.  with any luck, you'll pass on by, and noT HAve any Consuming time sinK trouble.

Especially if you turn on the shiny ascii tiles.  Oh no.

(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #18 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 02:18:09 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

That was awesome. by celeriac (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 01:01:42 AM EST
Only video game that's caught my attention in a long line. Too short though, and it helps if the aesthetics are an immediate turnon.

racks by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 08:24:25 AM EST
My wife doesn't have a rack like that...but I do.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 10:41:33 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

likewise by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #13 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 11:30:49 AM EST
But I do use it more than she does.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Lemmings! by ni (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 09:53:43 AM EST
You have bested me! I think I still have the boxed set for Lemmings 2 (PC, 5 1/4", etc) somewhere. IIRC it comes with a poster, or large standup cardboard display thing, or something. I definitely have the manual (with backstory details!) somewhere. I wonder if they'd go for anything on ebay.

Think metahistorically, act locally. -- CheeseburgerBrown
(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 10:47:35 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

Well by hulver (4.00 / 1) #20 Wed Apr 05, 2006 at 04:57:58 AM EST
I've got the original PC dos version floppies at home somewhere.

I think I chucked all my boxes away though. I've got all sorts of crap laying around at home.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Oids by idiot boy (4.00 / 1) #21 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 01:15:18 AM EST
I swear that I will never again install an Atari ST emulator. Damn game sucks life worse than Defender of the Crown.

And Dungeon Master. Don't get me started on Dungeon Master.

(Comment Deleted) by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #22 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 04:16:37 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by yicky yacky

Never played it by idiot boy (2.00 / 0) #23 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 08:27:57 AM EST
I was an Atari ST owning dweeb. Couldn't aford an Amiga so became an ST zealot. This of course taught me the folly of zealotry as I spent my life playing a racing game whose name escapes me on Amigas linked by serial cable (the bastard had two - one of which was hacked to buggery).

There was one game (also escapes me - maybe that racing game) which supported linked play between an ST and an Amiga. Bloody amazing when you think about it.

[Redacted] | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback