Print Story Its a diary.
By Alice Pulley (Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:00:30 AM EST) Diary, dull (all tags)
Featuring:

Fact based diary.

So, whats been going on?

In no particular order, in the last couple of weeks I have:

Discovered I screwed up the mortgage application, which was returned to me to be redone and I never got the return. Just found out. Fuck. Gonna delay it. Fuck.

Developed yet another crush. This time its with an extremely attractive girl who works in the pub/restaurant type place I often take my niece to for lunch or tea (she likes Italian food). The poor girl has made the mistake of making small-talk with me a few times, thusly ensuring my undying affections. Have managed to restrain myself from asking her out under the proviso's a) she'd probably say no b) I am not asking anyone out without getting to know them well first c) I think shes about 19 (not the end of the world but not ideal). Been on the shelf for 16 months now and think I am getting seriously lonely (*see below re fear on being home alone).

Still reducing (if not eliminating) drinking. Still trying to work on it.

Developed an unnatural reluctance of being home on my own. This is bizarre - I have always enjoyed (if not needed) to spend time alone chilling out. I haven't spent one night in on my own for about 3 weeks now and the thought of it makes me feel anxious. Odd. Am going to tough it out tonight. Maybe I should get a flatmate in the spare room, suppose it would help with bills as well.

Booked tickets to see the Foo Fighters and the Strokes in Manchester. Yayyyy!

Been given a load of stock options I wasn't expecting, which should work out to a nice little bit of cash in about 4 years when they've vested.

Had a horrendous time trying to sleep which was only remedied on Saturday and Sunday (I got approx 12 hours sleep on both nights). Have decided to get back into my previously rigorously adhered to night time schedule designed around sleeping well:

• Eat before 7pm.
  • No drinking at all on work nights.
  • Be in bed for 11:30pm and read no later than 12:30pm.
  • Get up at 6:50am, do not fall back to sleep in the morning.
Found work going reasonably well, is fairly stressful from a 'too much to do in too short a time' but not stressful in the 'being treated like a wanker way'. Helped very much today by sleeping properly over the weekend. Am flying to Germany tomorrow for a couple of days, nice little jaunt out of the office.

Been annoyed by the football at the weekend. Arsenal, not content with potentially winning the Champions League and denying Spurs a place next year that way, have decided to destroy all comers in the Premier League and look like they are going to overtake us there. Balls.

Purchased the following music:
Both Jurassic 5 Albums (Hiphop, superb).
The Massive Attack Greatest Hits (Eclectic, absolutely brilliant).

Played golf a couple of times, found a new golf buddy too. Sisters new boyfriends brother. He is a really nice bloke, met him at New Years and then just happened to find out he's a golf fan so invited him along. He happens to have had really major surgery on his face/head (I think he had some kind of haemorrhage) and it has left some pretty harsh scarring. Was absolutely shocked (and it shows you how easy it is to be complacent about society) about how he gets spoken to. It ranges from ridiculous twats laughing/pointing/taking the piss to (possibly even worse) people talking to him likes hes about 4. I don't know how he puts up with it, I have had to grit my teeth hard not to assault several people.

Kay, well think thats about it, nothing overly exciting to report but nothing too terrible either, will score last 2 weeks a C.

< We met the baby Jesus in the pub | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Its a diary. | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Romantic advice by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:10:24 AM EST
Good ways to get to know somebody: Bad ways to get to know somebody:

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Clink!! by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:11:29 AM EST
You'll score the last 2 weeks a what?

I take it you took the sensible road with the already attached girl, a truly selfish way to deny your regular diary readers their only pleasures in life schadenfreude.

I sort of took the sensible road. by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:30:12 AM EST
If not at first.

Where in Germany? by komet (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:17:17 AM EST

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Heppenheim. by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:34:00 AM EST
Never been there before, know nothing about it and probably won't get a chance to go out as gonna pretty flat out working :(

Sounds like a hole to me. by komet (4.00 / 3) #9 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:48:38 AM EST
Probably one of those old German towns consisting of nothing but beer-drinking farmers, little old ladies with sticks and a grumpy hotel owner with a 17 year old daughter in a traditional dress with frilly seams who has all the keys and sneaks into your room after midnight and delivers surprisingly adept blow jobs. How boring.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Sounds awful... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:50:33 AM EST

19 isn't that young by nebbish (4.00 / 3) #4 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:29:34 AM EST
I've been getting the odd smile off an attractive girl I see on my walk home from work. I was quite pleased but wondered why she wore the same clothes every day. Realised last week that it's her school uniform.

I'll stay clear of that one I think.

That's really shocking about your mate with the scarring, don't know how I'd put up with that. Probably carry a vial of acid round with me.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Uh oh - Trainspotting springs to mind... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:42:55 AM EST
Yeah, I was genuinely surprised (in a bad way) too. Couldn't believe people can be that insensitive and that this fairly nice, fairly normal bloke has to put up with so much shit. He literally avoids going out to pubs etc because he feels so self-concious. People can be shit sometimes.

I suppose it just wears you down after a bit by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #11 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:52:38 AM EST
and it becomes easier to avoid it than have to listen to the wankers again and again. Shame.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised, I'd have thought it'd be an occassional hassle, not a constant.

Yes, people are shit.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

It took me a while to realise. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 04:09:43 AM EST
That the title and the comment were talking about different people. I thought you were going to justify it with something like "but she's really mature for her age. You'd never know she's a schoolgirl when she's got makeup on, etc, etc."

Heh by hulver (4.00 / 3) #19 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 06:08:45 AM EST
It just goes to show, there's a little bit of gazbo in all of us.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
If it was legal by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 06:10:59 AM EST
I wouldn't think twice.

(joke)

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Well, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 02:58:18 PM EST
give her a top from Primark, hoop earrings from Argos, scrunchy from Claire's Accessories, lippy and mascara from Superdrug and a short skirt from George at ASDA, and you'd be made, though, wouldn't you?

I just described Walsall High St, by the way.

On a not unrelated note, I got a Burberry catalogue through the post this morning.

Also, by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #21 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 06:23:50 AM EST
that he didn't ask permission to put it there, the bastard.

*It's* a diary by DullTrev (4.00 / 4) #7 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:38:40 AM EST

Manchester, eh? We could meet up and insult each other in person! But probably not, as I am a terrible recluse.

I keep developing crushes. I find the best way to beat it is to play some computer games online, realise what a terrible geek it makes you, go from that to contemplating how you are wasting your life, then to musing on how useless you are in general, and from there how it is impossible that anyone else could ever love you.

Well, it works for me. And to make it worse, I'm still crap at CounterStrike.

DFJ?
Thanks for the cheery perspective... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:53:36 AM EST
As the gig is on the Sunday, we are considering coming up on Friday and making a weekend of it so there is the possibility of mutual abuse. Will let you know dates when I know them.

Anytime by DullTrev (4.00 / 2) #13 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:55:29 AM EST

I'm not really feeling my normal sparkling and happy self at the moment. I'm glad I managed to disguise that.

DFJ?
I love you, DullTrev. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 04:36:00 AM EST
Not in the way you want, but it's a start, isn't it?

Er... by DullTrev (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 04:52:00 AM EST

Is this supposed to make me feel better? Or just give me nightmares?

DFJ?
Yes. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 05:03:35 AM EST
Both parts.

Arsenal. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 05:05:13 AM EST
I agree.

Let's boycott TPD's tiebreak when he turns up.

Its a diary. | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback