- DKos writes book??? What a hoot. The guy was on NPR last week pimping the book and some guy calls in the show and mentions that any putz can start a blog so while it's neat to be able to share what colour socks your wearing with the rest of the world, it really doesn't mean much in the long run. Well, ol Kos gets all defensive and starts going on about how the best rated blogs are all written by doctors and lawyers and PHD's and whatnot! HA! What a hoot. Anyways, mad props to the guy for making a living out of the whole deal, I'll give him credit for that.
- I'm returning some DVD's at the library on Saturday and the librarette lady tells me I have a fine on my account for a late DVD. I'm like, "What????" cause I've never returned anything to the library late in my life, I'm far toooooo anal to ever consider letting that happen. She tells me that it's for some Combat! 4 DVD set and it's still checked out. I'm like "What???" cause I didn't have anything checked out at that time. So I told her that and she said "Well, I'll have to do a shelf search and I'll call you if I find it." So I'm like "What????" cause that doesn't sound too technical and I'm getting a bad feeling about it.
She never calls me so I call her the next day and she says she didn't have time to look for it and I'm like "What????" cause I have visions of being forced to make a $40 "donation" to the damn library at this point, so I said I would call her back tomorrow for a new status update, you know, putting the heat on her and whatnot. I called back today and she was all happy and told me that the fine was taken off my account and they found the Combat! DVD set and all was well. Whew. That was a close one. Funny thing though, that was the set that I loaned to my friend who ripped them and burned them to a DVD, so I was thinking that maybe God was getting back at my friend for sinning, but alas! it would seem that God doesn't care about it enough to take action!
- My version of CakeWalk Home Studio keep crashing on me. Like at least once a day. Crash. Boom. I'm starting to get the hang of using it but I'm a little troubled by the thought of putting lots of man hours into a project that may be wiped out. Well, I'm saving often and backing up my files on a regular basis, but this thing shouldn't be crashing all the time. Someone on USENET suggested updating to the latest driver for my soundcard, but I'm rather clueless on how to do this. There doesn't seem to be any updated drivers listed on the creative website and I'm not using their driver anyways, I'm using the ASIO driver that shipped with CakeWalk. Bah. On an unrelated note, how well does the system restore thing work XP?
- I had a giant helping of Chicken ~y~ Blocorri for runch today. No egg lorr though, I have to wait to be retested for this whole cholesterol thing before I can start eating that crap again.
- I finally won a battle in CodeName Panzers II. It turns out that keeping your guys alive is key to winning a battle. Thus having lots of medics on hand and sending them into battle with the soldiers is right helpful. It's a pretty neat game all in all. The animated battle scenes are great.
|< Brave Men Run (In My Family) | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|