Back at work. Took 4 days off last week to get reacquainted with toxicfur. Went wonderfully, though we didn't actually do much. That was the plan, actually.
Spent the afternoon yesterday with Garageband. About which I know just enough to get into trouble. So here's the outcome:Sicut Cervus Desiderat, first published in 1581 in Venice, by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, quite the master of late Renaissance polyphony.
Yeah, there are serious intonation issues, and garageband does really strange things sometimes when you're octave-shifting and the mike saturates. I'll probably have another go at this at some point, perhaps after generating a midi file of at least one part, to help control intonation (not for inclusion in the final product).
Also, comma, when octave-shifting with the monitor on, the processed version of the sound is about a quarter-beat late (at 90 quarter notes to the minute).
What else has happened since last time? Um, much, and nothing at all.
- There was a brush fire in the forest reserve near our house, so the sheepfold where we take teh dawg out to walk and play with the critters was closed. And there were like a dozen firetrucks along the roads.
- Grocery shopping, in the usual way. It's fun to do it together; something I missed when toxicfur was working twice her alotted hours per week. The grocery store is a cool place to think about creative cookery.
- Feesh, or should it be Fiche? Teh yum. Better, lucious, melt in the mouth, though, were the scallops that went with.
- Burritos, to use up the fish, with home made salsa. Need a bigger or kickier jalapeño next time, i'm thinkin.
- Roasted Garlic is a gift from the gods.
No big fires at work to be put out. This pleases me.
Also pleasing to me is the iMac in the living room.
And now, it's lunchtime.
|< Funny, You're A Girl Who Goes Trav'lin' | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|