Print Story Snot there jist chet
Music
By ana (Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 07:00:51 AM EST) music, food, computers (all tags)
Weekend stuff. Week stuff. Other stuff.

Update [2006-4-3 17:14:6 by ana]:: Now with the mns remix. See comments.

Working backwards, more or less...

Back at work. Took 4 days off last week to get reacquainted with toxicfur. Went wonderfully, though we didn't actually do much. That was the plan, actually.

Spent the afternoon yesterday with Garageband. About which I know just enough to get into trouble. So here's the outcome:Sicut Cervus Desiderat, first published in 1581 in Venice, by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, quite the master of late Renaissance polyphony.

Yeah, there are serious intonation issues, and garageband does really strange things sometimes when you're octave-shifting and the mike saturates. I'll probably have another go at this at some point, perhaps after generating a midi file of at least one part, to help control intonation (not for inclusion in the final product).

Also, comma, when octave-shifting with the monitor on, the processed version of the sound is about a quarter-beat late (at 90 quarter notes to the minute).

What else has happened since last time? Um, much, and nothing at all.

• There was a brush fire in the forest reserve near our house, so the sheepfold where we take teh dawg out to walk and play with the critters was closed. And there were like a dozen firetrucks along the roads.

• Grocery shopping, in the usual way. It's fun to do it together; something I missed when toxicfur was working twice her alotted hours per week. The grocery store is a cool place to think about creative cookery.

• Feesh, or should it be Fiche? Teh yum. Better, lucious, melt in the mouth, though, were the scallops that went with.

• Burritos, to use up the fish, with home made salsa. Need a bigger or kickier jalapeño next time, i'm thinkin.

• Roasted Garlic is a gift from the gods.

No big fires at work to be put out. This pleases me.

Also pleasing to me is the iMac in the living room.

And now, it's lunchtime.

< Funny, You're A Girl Who Goes Trav'lin' | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Snot there jist chet | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Oooh, I should do some roasted garlic by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 07:32:56 AM EST
I have to get garlic though, my last cloves went into a pasta dish last night.

forest reserve near your haus? by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 07:45:30 AM EST
i thought you lived in teh city. :)
We climbed a small ridge... by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 07:52:04 AM EST
in this forest reserve, and saw the Boston skyline. 'Twas beautiful, the more so because we seemed so isolated from the city while we were on the trails. Living close to the Fells is really cool, though we don't make use of it nearly as much as we should.
I grew a pair of balls for a while, and felt the high that well-wielded genitals can induce. - Norah Vincent, Self-Made Man
Boston has lots of reservations by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 01:53:47 PM EST
And now... by ana (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 12:12:19 PM EST
the mns remix, which he calls the Sine Nomine remix.

Um, wow. I like, I think, but it's nothing like what Mr. Palestrina had in mind.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

damnit, ana by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 2) #6 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 03:48:57 PM EST
you're doing all our music. that one's on our concert set too.
Send me to Austria!
I'm sure you guys by ana (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 02:09:49 AM EST
do it better. There's something about being able to hear the other parts while you're singing.

Also, the church choir I'm (otherwise) in sang this at our wedding last May.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM