Print Story quote of the day
By iGrrrl (Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 08:42:44 AM EST) (all tags)
Said in a WalMart:
"I don't think a cardboard display is much competition for a pickaxe."

It may have been funnier in context.
< Double plus joy! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
quote of the day | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Even out of context by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 09:05:27 AM EST
it's pretty good.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I thought the east coast liberal elite by garlic (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 09:21:27 AM EST
didn't shop in walmart. I thought it was reserved for us fat midwestern slobs.

They like to "go slumming" sometimes by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 11:48:23 AM EST

they only shop at wal-mart by webwench (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 02:20:04 PM EST
with a certain level of self-referential irony, as a sort of mocking homage to the working class of middle America. It's the shabby chic of consumerism in areas where they don't have Target yet.

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

I have found... by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 03:25:09 PM EST
that there are more Targets than Wal-Marts in this part of the world. As far as I know, there are no WalMarts in Boston, much to the shock and horror of my relatives in the rural South.

That said, I sometimes miss my 1am shopping trips in WalMart, when, drunk, I would buy stuff I would later look at in utter disbelief. "What did I think I needed with a set of water colors, a 2000 pack of paper plates, a hunting knife, and concentrated female deer urine, for chrissake???!!"
I've got more than one membership to more than one club, and I owe my life to the people that I love. - Ani DiFranco

I know of two by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 03:39:37 PM EST
There's one out on Route 9 near Shopper's World somewhere. There's another somewhere down on the South Shore, like Braintree or something. I don't think there are any closer. I wouldn't be surprised if there were one up on the North Shore somewhere like Danvers or something.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
The important thing? by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 03:43:55 PM EST
There's not one on my way home from $bar. That's really all that matters. ;->
It's never been a destination for me. by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 03:53:31 PM EST
I honestly don't think I've ever been in one outside of once or twice in Florida.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
I Have Actaually Used A Pickaxe by Improbus (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 10:16:53 AM EST
I can confirm that a cardboard display is not much competition.  You would have better luck with a wet towel.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago. --- Oma Desala
Just heard a work mate expound an by cam (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 10:51:57 AM EST
office philosophy, "It may not be your fault, but it *is* your problem."

hahahaha it is funny because it is true :(

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

I may by sobeinom (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 11:00:37 AM EST
start going to walmart more just for the entertainment.

• "As for the above statement, I'll ignore it just for my well being."
  • recommendation by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 11:30:43 AM EST
    it's the most entertaining on weekends.  sorta like a day trip to a zoo.

Good One. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Apr 28, 2006 at 12:19:21 PM EST
    And the competition was stiff today. Earlier, I got the following from a friend on mine:

"Maybe the metal gods above were smiling on me and they didn't want one of their true warriors to die on them. Otherwise, I'd be up there in the kingdom of steel."

Jesse Maggrah, age 20, on surviving getting hit by a freight train. He did not hear the train because he had headphones on and was listening to the Norwegian heavy metal outfit Gorgoroth.

quote of the day | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback