Print Story Thrash metal for fun and profit
By TPD (Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 03:26:30 AM EST) Arsenal, Anchor, Thrash Metal (all tags)
OK maybe not profit

tiebreak for dummies: Blank for dummies

Yay for Arsenal - stunning nil-nil draw, we magnificently clung on for dear life for 90 minutes! YAY go us!!!!

Should make it to the Anchor friday hopefully.

http://www.linkmyfile.com/v/3330377/Mfc5nv1.mp3.html few mistakes but I can live with the,m. Now I just need to come up with some suitably corny lyrics sung over a bed of gravel and I should have an MFC entry.....

< You just can't trust foreigners | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Thrash metal for fun and profit | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Pregnancy for Dummies by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 03:35:39 AM EST
Certainly, they'd never write that one.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764550748/ [n/t] by martingale (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 03:44:44 AM EST

$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Hope you lose the final by jump the ladder (4.00 / 2) #2 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 03:35:51 AM EST
Spurs beat you in the league and Henry goes to Barca. And the weight of all the debt at Cashburden Grove means you have no money to spend and you start on sad Leeds like decline into obscurity

Apart from that the best of luck.

Why would you want Henry to go to Barca? by TPD (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 03:50:54 AM EST
I mean even after making an unprecedented loss, your special (as in special school) manager can't muster a team that is even half as good as Barcelona.

Henry would just widen that gap, and you'll just continue to win the league by being able to pay more half decent players to strengthen your squad for the inevitable injuries etc, than any other team.

Meanwhile your best hopes of european glory will for an early knock out into the UEFA cup.... But I also wish you good luck with that by the way.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Disagree by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 04:01:31 AM EST
Henry would only slightly improve the Barca team which already full of talent. And we have beaten them when we've had 11 players on the pitch.

All this talk of the UEFA cup, isn't that tempting fate a bit...

OK while I may be biased by TPD (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 04:26:47 AM EST
and it certainly wouldn't be as much as if say they were replacing someone like Drogba upfront, but Henry does not "only slightly" improve any team.

As for UEFA maybe.... to be honest I can't see us getting 4th now (I don't think Spurs will drop the points and I'd prefer us to try and rest some of our players for a shot at Glory) - in the final anything could happen but we're definitely not going to be the favourites.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Well by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 04:33:03 AM EST
There's a strong possibilty we might get Schevchenko.

I'd keep Drogba personally. He definitely is no Henry but most defences hate playing against him. Senderos had real problems when playing against him.

There's another school of thought by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 04:38:40 AM EST

which says that Henry leaves if Arsenal win. The theory is that, if that happens, he has nothing left to prove, has won everything, done it all with Arsenal and can disappear into the sunset fondly-remembered, at the peak of his powers and at the end of the Highbury era etc. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's worth one thought, perhaps two.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he goes, but there were rumours that Madrid and Barca were willing to smash their pay structures for him, and Arsenal just can't compete if they do that.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
tiebreak by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 03:36:18 AM EST

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Tiebreak by Phage (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 03:51:30 AM EST
Taxidermy for Dummies.
Windrow Dressing for Dummies.

Ahem by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 04:23:27 AM EST
ROFL for Dummies.

tbrk by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 04:33:00 AM EST

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Tiebreak by herbert (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 04:56:00 AM EST
Ventriloquism for dummies.

Tiebreak by MrPlough (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 05:06:12 AM EST
Internet trolling for dummies.

That was the single most nerve wracking game of footie I've watched ever. I just knew the mad German would save it tough. And I found it odd when one of the Villarreal players tried to eat the ball when he missed a chance in the second half.
No work.

Dating Real Dolls for Dummies by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Apr 26, 2006 at 05:25:44 AM EST
It'll all end in tears.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.