Print Story Crabby Daddy
By littlestar (Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:04:47 AM EST) (all tags)
Littlestar life crap and a cute MP3 by Pongeroo.

I sing. Because of this I like to have things to record my singing. This means I can also record my munchkin daughter telling a story about a horse named Ghandi, sharks and a ladybug (I don't really know what happens). So, I did that. Here is the story. It is a delightfully confusing tale.

Things have been a bit nutters here, as if they ever aren't. We have been continuing to deal with the paranoia of my bipolar father and all that entails. I am pretty sick of feeling like the evil, conniving, manipulative, selfish and petty human that he sometimes makes me out to be (sometimes I am good and perfect, it's a toss the dice kind of thing). I should get codemonkey to convince my father that I AM actually a man with boobs, I may have less problems (my father has some ISSUES with women, particularly strong women (although it is the only way to get any respect from him)... wait, maybe codemonkey and my dad would get along, my dad's not good with apologies either.

Also, we still aren't rich. Is somebody going to do something about this soon? I mean, come on, I put in the request ages ago.

We have also been dealing with a less then delightful Papa at times. Not that we are blamey, but it sometimes a little trying. Tempers are shorter and patience is lower. Having the background music of a wailing child is also not helpful to creating a peaceful atmosphere. I suppose it is a feeling we all have sometimes, the - you are expecting me to do that for you when you don't do that for me - feeling. Anyway, I am digging deeper into my patience pit to see if there is anything left for the (hopefully) last month of colic, then perhaps we will have some peace.

So, it's EVEN harder then it was before to find time for ourselves to speak with each other or watch a movie. At least when we do find time to have sex (always WAY too late at night when we should both be sleeping but it's the only free time we get so whatcha going to do...be sleepy tomorrow, that's right!) it's been really good. There are pros and cons then to not having time together I suppose. Con - it sucks. Pro - it feels like party time for the hour after the oldest child goes to bed and you're left only with a crying baby. This is a good example of how everything is relative.

I hope you are all having a better month then I.

< Just A Diary | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Crabby Daddy | 41 comments (41 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Two children and fulltime work by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:09:53 AM EST
I feel your pain.

---------------
Actually... by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:44:04 AM EST
My full time work IS my two children. I do not, however, work outside the home right now, but, I hope that you can still feel my pain (which I appreciate by the by!).
*twinkle*twinkle*

Still a full time job in there by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:53:11 AM EST
Home keeping is still a full time job.  So yes, I still feel your pain.  More so, if you had an outside job you wouldn't be on-call for the baby.

---------------
Hey, I Love You. by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:10:15 AM EST
We're tag teaming the diary wheel!

Hers has naughty bits. You lose. /nt by ni (2.00 / 0) #23 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 11:35:33 AM EST

Think metahistorically, act locally. -- CheeseburgerBrown
Nine year old was colicky from two weeks by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:11:07 AM EST
to three months, it was Hell from 6 pm to 9pm every night. On the positive side, she started sleeping through the nights at two weeks.

Something in the air? by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:45:01 AM EST
The FoML has been in a mood lately as well. One minute he's rubbing his head on your arm saying "I'm $FoML-cat, I love you daddy cat!" and the next he's hitting me while screaming "GIVE ME MY SNACK!! I WANT MY SNACK!!"
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Has there been something in the air for the last by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:47:45 AM EST
nine years? She was born volatile and with unfulfillable expectations.

just like her mother than? by garlic (4.00 / 2) #13 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 08:11:31 AM EST

I love this. by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 09:32:01 AM EST
I can so relate. I in fact had a vivid picture of a baby blockhead thrashing and shouting. It is good to know that we are not alone on this journey, others suffer with us. Thanks for that.
*twinkle*twinkle*

I look forward to nights by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 09:41:24 AM EST
Right now I am happy when I only have to get up twice in the night. Once again illustrating how things are SOOOO relative. I look forward to remembering what it is like to not wake up at 4am. At least the little guy is happy and super cute when he isn't having cramps; otherwise I may have had to send him back.
*twinkle*twinkle*

WIPO: by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:40:35 AM EST
none of the above, but mainly because she overstated the last option. You're certainly cool.

Hey thanks! by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #20 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 09:46:08 AM EST
That's why I put in the gnarly chick option, that's just like a regular nice person kind of option. But, I suppose with different slang around the world, that could mean different things to different people. It's just good to know that people don't think I'm actually a man.
*twinkle*twinkle*

I obviously do not have children by duxup (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 06:58:19 AM EST
I listened to the story and I tried to make sense of it, it hurt.
____
Children's syntax by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #18 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 09:38:46 AM EST
can be a little difficult. I enjoy this story because although every sentence makes sense the gestalt feeling is very confusing. This is of course mostly because the story morphs into a new story with each sentence. I bet it would make good sense if you were high when you read it (I will test this and let you know).
*twinkle*twinkle*

I just don't know what to do with them by duxup (2.00 / 0) #22 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 11:11:29 AM EST
I helped* my fiancé baby-sit a pair of identical twin two year olds and their three year older brother.   I just don’t know what to do with them at that age.  They’d talk to me and often I wouldn’t understand.  I don’t want to discourage their communication attempts so I’d just glance over to the fiancé who would quietly translate when I needed help.

When she wasn’t around I was lost.  We’d be winding down the bedtime routine and I had one of the little girls in the bathroom and I was asking her to brush her teeth.  I gave her the toothbrush with toothpaste but forgot to run it under the water for her.  She just stared at the toothbrush confused and seemed like she didn’t want discourage me so she didn’t say anything either until the fiancé saved me and all was well.  It was a pitiful sight.

*I was present and tried to avoid getting in the way
____

Aaah routine, by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #26 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 12:50:19 PM EST
Wow, that's a handful of kids I must say. Kids are pretty hilarious about routine at that age. Popsicle is forever maddening her Papa by telling him how he isn't doing things right, he doesn't do them the way Mama does them. Only the way Mama does them is acceptable. However, there are some things that must be done the way Papa does them. It takes a while to learn all the rules.

If you were around the same kid a lot you would learn their morphology and understand what they were saying. It's hard cause although kids have similar interpetations of different sounds there is a LOT of difference with very sutble changes in how they form the sounds.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Hey, I hear CBB's just turned homeostatic by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 07:03:28 AM EST
So if you find yourself needing any assistance, just PM me.

I also hear that white kids sell for $50 a pound and up at the Chinese market, so if you keep squeezing them up, you could breed yourself rich.

I hear a lot of stuff.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

If it weren't such a big deal by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #17 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 09:34:45 AM EST
of an operation I would definitely sell my eggs. I could have a website with pics of my brother and my parents and then the stock I have already created. I bet I would get a lot of buyers; damn my complicated mechanics and my inability to just jizz in a cup.

Also, thanks for the assistance offer.... I'll keep you in mind.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Next time you've got CBB in an adult situation by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #25 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 12:42:18 PM EST
Do be sure to tell him that you're keeping me in mind.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
I enjoyed the story by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 3) #11 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 07:09:01 AM EST
I was really surprised to learn that Rosebud was the name of her sled though. Caught me quite off-guard.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

She Loves Classic Cinema [nt] by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 07:37:49 AM EST
it all works in cycles by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 08:23:46 AM EST
you have to get through the rough times before you can enjoy good times.

oh, and Rich told me he's working his way north - be on the lookout!

we still aren't rich by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 08:58:02 AM EST
I feel that. I'm still not rich either.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Good news for parents by The Fool (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 10:17:19 AM EST
Your kids will eventually get past the shrieking, whining, tantrum-throwing stage. Usually, this occurs sometime before age 40.

I can't tell if you are really upset by calla (2.00 / 0) #24 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 11:36:28 AM EST
with codemonkey's comment or just being sarcastically hurt.

I have been told that I was just like a man most of my life. Mostly by my mother. It's not a slap in the face. Some women are different.

I relish being different.. by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #28 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 01:15:12 PM EST
And, having been a tomboy through my childhood I have always found it to be a compliment to be called a man (it is generally used as "you are tough and easy going not whiney, squimish and picky" or something similar). I do however take offense at codemonkey's comment as he was not being complimentary he was most definitely being insulting.

I have never approved of the "you're like a man" to mean that I am less of a woman, that's insulting. If I'm "like a man" cause I'm different then other women and a man feels he can relate to me more, well, that's nice. I'm pretty sure codemonkey was more saying, your wife is not a REAL women and does not fit in to any category of women. That's insulting, and moreover, very untrue. As I have gotten older I have met a number of women who are very similar to me and have the same issues with most women that I do. Not only that but having a vagina defaults me into the club!
*twinkle*twinkle*

Don't mind him by TurboThy (2.00 / 0) #30 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 01:38:40 PM EST
Take it however you want. by calla (2.00 / 0) #33 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 02:08:09 PM EST
But I think codemonkey's comment and riceowlguy's comment are just a way of expressing that you are different.

Sure I could get all feminist on my mom for her remarks about my being like a man, but she's just expressing in her old-fashioned way that I am different. I don't see any point in getting upset about the words when the meaning is clear.

perhaps so by aphrael (4.00 / 2) #34 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 02:19:46 PM EST
but in my world when someone specifically requests an apology, you look at yourself to figure out how you have given offense and then apologize for it.

I lost a great deal of respect for him over his failure to do so.

I took it like I said by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #35 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 02:38:39 PM EST
And, codemonkey's comment is very different from riceowl's. Riceowl's comment (beside being cute and funny) is directed to me, in my diary comments. Codemonkey's comment was said to my husband, not to me, nor in response to anything I had said (like riceowl's). It is fairly clearly used as a barb to piss off CBB, which is clearly insulting.

Also, I would have to agree with Aph that when someone tells me they need an apology, unless I am trying to hurt them, there is an apology in order. I don't know codemonkey and can't imagine he was trying to hurt me, it's CBB he was after, and when I called him on it, he should have apologised. A bigger man would have.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Colic by thunderbee (2.00 / 0) #27 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 01:11:20 PM EST
There seems to be a very high relation between parents stress and baby colic.
Most first children have colic, and most children afterwards don't - because their parents are no longer stressed by their first baby.

I mention it, because reading CBB's diary before yours, I couldn't help but think about the kind of atmosphere you must be living in. Everything sounds pretty tense right now.

Of course, a wailing baby doesn't help relax.

Cheer up, just 30-40 years to go ;-p

Interesting by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #36 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 02:48:30 PM EST
The studies I have read regarding this were measuring stress prior to baby's birth, and there was definitely a correlation between high stress and colic. The most obvious examples were of woman who had people who were close to them die. This would make sense if colic has something to do with imature nervous or intestinal systems. I can't imagine what stress outside of belly would have to do with colic though, as it is clearly something internal which the child is having issue with.

We didn't not have a particularly stressful time before birth, but who knows. Things are a bit stressful around here now, more for CBB though I would say. I handle stress a bit better then he does and am more able to turn off worry (that's why I handle the finances). We are a very happy home but a crying baby certainly does add that stressy flavour!
*twinkle*twinkle*

turning off worry by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #39 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 03:14:01 PM EST
man. i'm sooooooooo envious of you for having that ability.
Babies are quite sensitive by thunderbee (2.00 / 0) #41 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 11:17:59 PM EST
Our girls sense when their mom is tense, and react strongly to that.
I would seem like babies might feel that their parents are tense or stressed, and that it might translate into colic.
But then again, it's just our doctor's theory that I'm inclined to believe considering he's been in the business for quite some time, and has always been spot on ;)
Don't know if you have the opportunity, but have you tried long (at least 1 hour) walks outside with the baby in a baby carrier? Used to work miracles for us, with a long-lasting calming effect.

You'd rather have sex than sleep? by riceowlguy (4.00 / 1) #29 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 01:27:44 PM EST
Yep, definately a man with boobs.

i sorry by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #31 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 01:41:25 PM EST
when i come up, i'll play with screaming child for awhile so you can have some quiet. i promise not to strangle him.
Send me to Austria!
Also, by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #37 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 02:53:33 PM EST
My big 30th birthday bash will be happening around them. Maybe you'll be here for it, that would be cool.

I don't think he'll be colicky anymore by then, at least, I really hope not! You'll just get to enjoy his soft little head and warm squishiness without the crying spells.
*twinkle*twinkle*

yay for warm squishie. by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #38 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 03:07:00 PM EST
we'll be up the first or second week of june, though the exact whens are a bit uncertain (since there's a family wedding in the middle and we dont know if we're going to go to it, or just stay in canada.)
Send me to Austria!
A Man with Boobs? by TurboThy (2.00 / 0) #32 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 01:42:27 PM EST
Whaddaya mean, like this?
__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.
You know, better month or not . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #40 Tue Apr 25, 2006 at 09:12:12 PM EST
. . . a few of us are real busy with "life", and I am also feeling the strain at times . . .

But think about five years from now - will we view it in the old foggy rearview mirror as the best of times, or the worst of times? My vote is that it will be seen as, "those crazy, busy, happy days" . . . with intermittent bursts of mad father lightning sometimes . . .

Crabby Daddy | 41 comments (41 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback