Print Story drawing is entirely outside of my purview
Cars
By 256 (Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 10:36:27 AM EST) cfc, comics, vagina full of centipedes (all tags)
but i have uploaded a CFC entry anyway.

really, i have just poorly illustrated one of my poems.

find it on the CFC page or (in all its potentially page widening glory) below the fold.

so that's that. i will be recording my MFC5 entry on tuesday night and have an idea for the WFC that i should be able to pull together before the deadline.

i am particularly unhappy with panel three, but i figured the car had to be in there somewhere and that's probably the only angle i can even come close to sketching one from.

oh, and here is a glimpse at the professional artistic tools used to compose this masterpiece:

yes, that is indeed a sparkly orange pencil with push through leads. rockin'

< Dear HuSi, | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
drawing is entirely outside of my purview | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Awesome by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 10:44:24 AM EST
You've got my vote, so far.

Also, note to misslake: I have an idea for a picture for you to star in when I have time for a visit.

awesome. by misslake (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 12:26:59 PM EST
i'm off work usually by 4:00 weekdays. i can meet you at your place if it is easier for you.

Very nice. by ni (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 10:58:22 AM EST
I think I remarked at the time that that one was my favorite.

I will not be making it to the 606 party. A number of factors play a role in this, including the travel costing more than I'd anticipated and it coinciding with an extended bicycling trip I've already committed to. Another time, hopefully.

Think metahistorically, act locally. -- CheeseburgerBrown

well, what about by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 11:06:44 AM EST
the LFT/nstenz party? coming to that one?
Send me to Austria!
I like it, by calla (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 12:32:08 PM EST
but it's hard to see some of the pencil lines.

Sharpie marker next time?

You draw better than I do. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 01:49:53 PM EST
There's a reason my entry resembles DIY clipart.

On the other hand, my son seems to be interested in trying out a Dinosaurs-style clip art strip....

You're no good to me dead. Even half-alive would be socially awkward. - Hugh MacLeod

There's some software, somewhere by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 03:54:45 PM EST
I think maybe a flash applet? It lets you place a bunch of stock objects into comic strip style panels. When I first read yicky yacky's CFC announcement I thought it might be useful to people, but I couldn't remember what it was called.

Still, I like 256's outside-the-box (so to speak) thinking on this one.

Yeah, there's even a Mac-only app by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 05:33:01 PM EST
ComicLife? iComic? Something like that.

Hey, you adapt what you have to the talents you have.

p.s. by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Apr 22, 2006 at 04:08:40 PM EST
I haven't forgotten my promise to collaborate on a comic, I just wanted to get my skillz somewhat back into shape before ruining one of your stories.

cool. by 256 (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 07:25:59 PM EST
i didn't figure you had.

take your time. i have had some thoughts regarding potential revisions to both scripts, so let me know before you, you know, dive in.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni