Print Story A Quick Reminder
By jump the ladder (Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 03:59:16 AM EST) (all tags)
Lhusi Beers at the Anchor, 28th April, friday week

Another short tale from the Easter bank holiday weekend (springitude holiday season for USians). Impending trip to fookin' Madchester and more crap.

Poll: are you going to the Lhusi drinks?

Mistaken For a Pilot, FFS

Well drunk last Thurdsay. Started off with three crafty pints at lunch time and then finished at 4 and met up with Kiwi Steve and some other the other guys from Giant Ukian Oil Company. Had a few pints in the wharf and a couple in the City. thanks my amazing super ability of holding my beers, the others all left bar one Northern Irish nutter. He invited me along to meet 20 odd BMI (an Ukian airline)trolley dollies who were celebrating a birthday at another bar in the west end. I couldn't refuse such invitation so we got in a cab and headed to Embankment.

Said trolley dollies were actually the ground crew but were very fit if a little bit thick and essex-girl like. One girl actually thought I was a pilot for some reason and started chatrting to me so I regaled her with my tales of being an Boeing 737 Captain for British Airways
flying London-Rome from terminal two at Heathrow. Managed to bullshit about this for 10 mins or so until her sour faced mate, who had been listening in onthe conversation, interupted and said that she didn't believe me. Managed to laugh it off but didn't get anywhere else with any of them.

Mad for it

30,000 (red) Scousers and 30,000 chelski up at Old Trafford on saturday evening. Pity the poor citizens of Manchester. Ansd it's my b'day. I expect to be very drunk, Chelsea to win and hopefully not chased through the city streets by irate scousers.

< A Day in the Life | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
A Quick Reminder | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
upgrade my possibly to by TPD (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 04:16:24 AM EST
a probably.... just found out I'm likely to be up in Londinium for work anyhow that day.

30000 londoners descending on manchester for the football..... how's that any different to any other saturday?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

They're playing Liverpool, though. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 04:59:46 AM EST
Scousers are slightly unusual.

My new middle aged colleague who has 5 teddy bears dangling off her keyring (I think that's a good summary of her character) is a belligerent Man United fan, presumably of the 'nice looking men' sort, so her and the tosser boss who has a thing for Spurs spend time trash talking Arsenal in the kind of way that's making me instinctively support them. With this in mind, may I say well done for yesterday.

WIPO by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 04:30:17 AM EST
Can't go, am going to Duseldorf for a stag weekend, flying Friday a.m. :<

Blimey, that was quick by Rogerborg (4.00 / 6) #3 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 04:31:32 AM EST
Where's my invite then?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Don't worry... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 05:05:52 AM EST
...its winging its way to you through our superb Royal Mail Service.

Düsseldorf? by TurboThy (4.00 / 2) #8 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 05:42:58 AM EST
WTF!?!?! How do you pick friggin' Düsseldorf for a stag night?
__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.
Obvious Answer Time: by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 05:07:02 AM EST
I didn't pick it.

That was my question. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 02:05:19 PM EST
I presume you'd go to Köln, but stay in Düsseldorf.

Apologies. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 05:02:03 AM EST
I'm looking broke, conveniently timed trains have sold out of cheap tickets, I've managed to agree to work Friday, and my nephews brother's coming to stay, so I'll probably stick with the West Midlands. Thanks for the organisation, though.

British Airways European flights: by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 05:02:42 AM EST
Terminal 1, Heathrow, aren't they?

Yes by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Apr 20, 2006 at 05:03:56 AM EST
Fortunately this girl had just joined the airline otherwise I would have been sunk in a couple of seconds...

Happy Birthday! by priestess (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 03:20:20 AM EST
Have a nice evening.

Dunno if you knew, but Archbishop Rombo Baak is in London. He says he'll be drinking in the Worlds End from about 8 on Saturday.  Imagine you have other plans though, what with it being your birthday and all.

Pre.......
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

Yeah by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 03:22:19 AM EST
I got a text message. Well I will be in manchester that evening so no go. If he's doing something on sunday evening maybe depending on what SLD wants to do...

Okey doke by priestess (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 03:40:43 AM EST
I'll pass on your apologies, I expect he'll rain down scorn upon your soul but he probably won't mean it.

Pre........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

It'll Definitely Rain by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 03:44:03 AM EST
I'm in Manchester :)