Print Story We met the baby Jesus in the pub
By CwazyWabbit (Sun Apr 02, 2006 at 12:01:11 PM EST) (all tags)
probably as it was the last local night of Jerry Springer the Opera, the cast went for a drink in the same pub we ended up in. Jesus thanked us profusely for our feedback, seemed like they didn't get to speak to so many punters after the event. I guess the half empty circle discouraged them.

The show is enjoyable, though it doesn't strain thought at all. A number of laughs come from potty mouth chorus lines, but there were more imaginative parts - the tap dancing Ku Klux Klan routine was a true belly bruiser. I probably wouldn't watch the whole lot again, just slices. DVD chapters, woo.

The themes of the show are obvious ones about personal behaviour, resolution and the effect of media such as Jerry's show. The music was servicable with a couple of annoyingly catchy bits of the "Shut Your Fucking Face Uncle Fucker" variety. Guess I'll have to watch I don't sing them at work.

Looking for work back in Manchester, so please excuse any aggression towards recruiters leaking through over the next few weeks. Of 40 emails so far, 2 have been for jobs that matched what I asked for. Depressingly, that's probably a good ratio and going to get worse.

I passed the driving test on the fourth go. Nazis interceded on previous attempts, but I cunningly switched times and avoided them. Now I have to get a car, and having had no interest in them for, ooh, ever, this is interesting. Could the lazyweb provide any "everything an idiot needs to know about cars in the UK" links kthx?

Is the Husi Wiki colour scheme meant to look that bad?

< Chapter 30 - Another B-day passes . . . | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
We met the baby Jesus in the pub | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Re: Wiki by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Apr 02, 2006 at 12:46:48 PM EST
Yes. It's to discourage teenagers hanging around, like those shops that broadcast high-frequency noises that are only annoying to young ears.

Bloody teenagers.

It did look old skool internet by CwazyWabbit (2.00 / 0) #2 Sun Apr 02, 2006 at 09:55:17 PM EST
But I assumed that was a side effect of missing CSS or some such.

Do you think you could you get one of those noise machines to train your young with aversion techniques?

Buying a car by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 12:19:57 AM EST
Would fill me with fear, I don't have a fucking clue. Even worse would be taking it in for repairs and being asked questions about sprockets and stuff.

Quite fancy seeing Jerry Springer, I missed it when it was on TV. Just to see what all the fuss is about really.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Much the same by CwazyWabbit (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 11:32:24 AM EST
Watching people getting shafted with their PCs all the time does not fill me with confidence on relying on others to sort out things I don't know about.

I'm sure Jerry Springer will be repeated. I had a fun night, but the fuss is very much deliberately generated for you to go see what the fuss is about. It is gratuitously blasphmous, but nothing that bad really (e.g. baby Jesus wears a nappy, but he's not injecting heroin or something like that).

I've had the same with bikes by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 12:03:43 AM EST
You only realise how cheap they are to repair when you start doing it yourself. I was quoted 150+ for a  job that needed a twenty quid part once.

Alison seems to do quite well with mechanics, she just flutters her eyelashes a bit.

Worth a try...

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

It took four attempts to pass the test by CwazyWabbit (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Apr 04, 2006 at 12:58:13 PM EST
My plan for following ones involved a mini skirt.

Buying cars by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 12:50:40 AM EST
First of all how big is your budget?

Secondly what are you're intended uses for the car. if it's just to pose around in then a sports car is ideal but if you intend to haul stuff around then an estate car is a better idea.

Thirdly as you are a car noobie it's probably better to buy from a dealer rather than go to an auction or off ebay.

Answers by CwazyWabbit (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 12:59:18 PM EST
Budget is up to about 2K5 total - insurance is in the £700 range.

Car is for commuting mostly, not much else in mind. Guess I'll do more day trips to places too.

I keep getting told that going to a dealer is asking to be financially raped. However, a move up North means I wouldn't be near the place I bought the car and I hear buying from some dealerships means being able to get repairs at other branches.

A friend of mine has offered me an M-reg Ford Escort  Ghia with "some work needed". I've been waiting on that but as time goes by I'm more and more wary of how much needs to be done and he's busy with other things so it's not getting done. Grr, it could be the easiest thing for me, but it could also be one of those friendship ruining things too. Fingers crossed.

Cars by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 04:41:44 AM EST
Get a Citroen
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
My ex insists by CwazyWabbit (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 11:28:27 AM EST