- Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.
- Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc.
- Procreate abundantly.
- Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behavior with, "It is a cultural USA thing. You would not understand, pal."
- Keep your American identity strong. Fly Old Glory from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper.
- Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise.
- Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.
- Demand a local Mexican driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal presence in Mexico.
- Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws.
- Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.
It seems that the author doesn't believe these things to be possible, when done by an American in Mexico, but I'm not entirely convinced that this is the case and I need more evidence before I form an opinion on the matter.
Does anyone here have any contrary experiences, regarding Mexico?
|< Not so fast there, Missy | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|