Print Story ARE YOU READY FOR THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME?
Travel
By ti dave (Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 06:12:17 PM EST) (all tags)
Hey there fellows!

I just received this letter and after reading it, I realise that I don't have the necessary experience to evaluate the truthfulness of the content, so I'll re-post it here so that any people familiar with Mexico can have the opportunity to dis-prove the assertions that are listed.

If you are ready for the adventure of a lifetime, TRY THIS:

• Enter Mexico illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.
  • Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.

The rest of the assertions are contained below the cut.

• Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.
  • Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc.
  • Procreate abundantly.
  • Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behavior with, "It is a cultural USA thing. You would not understand, pal."
  • Keep your American identity strong. Fly Old Glory from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper.
  • Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise.
  • Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.
  • Demand a local Mexican driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal presence in Mexico.
  • Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws.
  • Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.

It seems that the author doesn't believe these things to be possible, when done by an American in Mexico, but I'm not entirely convinced that this is the case and I need more evidence before I form an opinion on the matter.

Does anyone here have any contrary experiences, regarding Mexico?

< Not so fast there, Missy | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
ARE YOU READY FOR THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME? | 50 comments (50 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Well by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 06:32:01 PM EST
Given that as an American, you can walk straight into Mexico without ever talking to any sort of Mexican official...given that I have seen fellow Americans flying American flags in Mexico...given that I have ridden in cars in Mexico driven by drivers who had no valid insurance (American insurance isn't generally valid in Mexico)...given that I've certainly seen Americans in Mexico demanding everyone speak English...given that the few unfortunate times I've encountered Mexican cops, they've spoken to me or those with me in English...I'd have to say that whoever wrote that either as never been outside the US, or is just an idiot in denial.

I've never gotten sick in Mexico (well, I got food poisoning there once, but didn't feel the effects until I returned) but I have little doubt that I'd have gotten medical care there as an American.

A lot of it is simple ignorance...Mexicans don't particularly "procreate abundantly" when compared to any other set of immigrants from catholic countries. (When I was a kid I had a friend who was one of thirteen because his italian immigrant descended parents thought every sperm sacred.

As for some of the others, well...there aren't rich farmers hiring hundres of thousands of American workers and then anonymously calling imigracion the day before payday.

Honestly, anyone who has spent a Saturday night on Revolucion in Tijuana would never imply that Mexicans are even in the same league as American teenagers in anti-social behavior.

But my suggestion for the adventure of a lifetime: live a year without consuming a product picked by an illegal alien.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

'Americans flying American flags in Mexico' by ti dave (4.00 / 2) #10 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:23:46 PM EST
Outside of the American Embassy and Consulates, where did this happen?

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

Tijuana by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #33 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:48:22 AM EST
Revolucion blvd.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Addenda by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #34 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:48:52 AM EST
On a car whose participants were yelling "WOOO!!!!"
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Also-- by ti dave (4.00 / 2) #12 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:31:51 PM EST
Do you mean to say that I could simply hike over the Mexican border, without fear of being shot by the Mexican authorities?

As I understand it, they're fairly concerned about undocumented entries to their country.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

Hike? by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #35 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:51:00 AM EST
You go to the San Ysidro border crossing, park in the parking lot, and walk across at the unmanned border crossing. (At least, you could in 1990...I haven't been back since.)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Speaking of undocumented entries by debacle (2.00 / 0) #50 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 01:16:12 PM EST
Did you ever find out who took your pants?

Back in the days that MTV had just started by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 5) #2 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 06:32:31 PM EST

in with the "Real World" crap, I came up with the idea for a contest. Basically, MTV gets you so hammered on Tequila you have no idea what your name is, then they helicopter you into Mexico, and give you fifty bucks, a six-shooter with two bullets, and another fifth of Tequila, and they take your wallet, your identification, and all of your personal belongings, and leave you there. The winner is the one who makes it back to the United States in one piece, and the prize, of course, is the Gift of Life. Oh, and you get your stuff back, too.

I can't believe those assholes sent me a ding letter. It was a fucking brilliant idea. I learned my lesson though; always keep your brilliant ideas to yourself. Thomas Jefferson was right all along!

I've already played that by ucblockhead (4.00 / 3) #6 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:02:09 PM EST
'cept I didn't have the gun. Or the cash.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Did you get your stuff back? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 3) #7 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:06:39 PM EST

If so, all is well!

while on the topic of dumbfuck Americans by MillMan (4.00 / 4) #3 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 06:48:15 PM EST
clicky

I am sick of paying $2.65 per gallon at the local service station. Yesterday I filled up my 1989 GMC Suburban and it cost $70.00 in cash. Many people keep saying the reason for the high oil prices is because Americans use to much of it (supply and demand). I don't think thats the reason because people have always drove trucks and SUVs like mine and this is the first time this has happened.

The tears streaming down my face are from the unstoppable laughter, not from crying due to the fact that we are DOOMED.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

I don't understand. by ti dave (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:27:09 PM EST
We've had trucks for a long time, since the War against the Kaiser, I believe.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

well by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #15 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 08:59:23 PM EST
there's nothing in particular stopping us from going to back to coal fired steam engines under the hood.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

Ha, ha, ha, ha by Herring (4.00 / 3) #17 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 12:44:32 AM EST
ha, ha, ha. Also, graph (PDF).

Actually, I filled up my car yesterday and it cost me about $100 (US) at $6.23 per US gallon (I love Google calculator). I will get about 700 (UK) miles out of that.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Ouch, ouch, ouch by cam (2.00 / 0) #25 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 04:27:28 AM EST
Super is over $3 a gallon now in the DC area. Mum says that petrol in Au is $1.34 AUD a litre ($6.09 AUD a gallon, which is $4.46 USD a gallon).

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

wow by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #26 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 05:06:25 AM EST
Per capita, Canadians use more oil than Americans.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

Thanks to responsible Americans like myself by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #27 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 05:11:52 AM EST

Who refuse to drive.

Really, though, I'd guess it's due to there being a lot more wide-open space in Canada. That's just a guess, though.

lies! by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #28 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 05:17:59 AM EST
Here in America, we use all that gas because we're goddamn motherfuckers. Canada gets a pass because their government isn't a bunch of meanies like ours is.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

Speak for yourself, goddamn motherfucker! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #29 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 05:26:00 AM EST

But yeah, that all makes sense now that you put it into perspective. My bad!

oil heat {nt} by clover kicker (4.00 / 2) #42 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 08:37:55 AM EST

Sounds like typical white supremacist bullshit by theboz (4.00 / 1) #4 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 06:48:56 PM EST
I bet the person who sent that to you barely took a step out of their own mother's moldy vagina, much less the country.
- - - - -
Aren't you married to a Mexican? by ti dave (4.00 / 2) #8 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:19:52 PM EST
I'd love to hear your rebuttals.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

Rebuttals by theboz (3.25 / 4) #20 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 03:17:11 AM EST
I'd gladly oblige, right after you tell me, yes or no, have you stopped sucking cocks?

The thing you posted is worthless nonsense, so I don't think it really needs a rebuttal. It's pretty obvious that it's bullshit.
- - - - -

You are a vulgar, vulgar man. by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 03:25:21 AM EST
And I hesitate to use the word man, in your case.

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

Two responses by theboz (2.00 / 0) #30 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:09:20 AM EST
And I hesitate to use the word man, in your case.
So what does being a "man" mean in your vocabulary? Hating people because they are not WASPs and jacking off while listening to Rush Limbaugh criticize drug addicts?
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
If I wanted to argue I would say, "no I kiss your mother" but that's not nice and unnecessary. Still, it would have been funny, but I have no response other than that.
- - - - -
Being a man? by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #46 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 09:52:08 AM EST
How about entering the country legally, paying your fair share of taxes and then acquiring citizenship, preferably by military service. Same applies to women.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Since you're not being very articulate about your position, try to get the little woman to log in and tell her story. I suspect she doesn't have 'roid rage issues, so perhaps we can get a lucid opinion from her.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

Heh by theboz (4.00 / 3) #47 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 10:41:35 AM EST
How about entering the country legally
You're not stupid enough to believe that is possible do you? There is no way to legally immigrate to the U.S. unless 1) you are an immediate family member/guardian of a permanent resident/citizen, 2) you already have a job here that is willing to sponsor you, 3) you can prove you are a refugee (pretty much impossible after recent laws that have been passed), or 4) you are a wealthy investor. On top of that, we have the racist quota system, which encourages more Europeans (aka whites) to come here, and lets very few people from countries with darker complexions to come here legally. Despite what Lou Dobbs and the other neo-nazis tell you (the Minutemen are a neo-nazi group by the way), crossing the border is not easy. Many people die on the trip. Even more are injured. Of course, you live up closer to the Canadian border, so you don't seem to see the same news we get here in Texas so you probably don't know how often people are killed trying to come here. It's pretty obvious that if all they had to do was file some papers and pay a small fee, they would do so.
paying your fair share of taxes
I would happen to agree with you here. They don't pay a fair share, they pay an unfair share. Undocumented immigrants do pay taxes most of the time. They often use fake SSNs and pay income taxes. I forget the exact numbers, but I heard they pay for a shockingly significant portion of the entire social security system. Google for it if you'd like. They also pay 100% of sales taxes and such, for obvious reasons.

At the same time, they are unable to take advantage of any social services here. They can't get food stamps, they can't go on welfare, medicaid, etc. and this applies to legal immigrants as well as undocumented immigrants. They're all paying taxes that they can not get back in any social services. Sure, most states allow any children to go to schools, but the problems that the school systems have is not a result of a small number of undocumented children. It's actually the result of corrupt school board officials and federal government cutting of education funding.

When it comes to healthcare, here in Texas I believe that more than 80% of the uninsured people clogging the hospital emergency rooms are U.S. citizens. The numbers vary by state, but they are nowhere near being the most significant part of the healthcare crisis.

then acquiring citizenship
Just like the first part, this is simply not possible. The "amnesty" the Republicans are so against would simply be an attempt to allow the undocumented immigrants actually get in line, behind everyone else, in pursuing citizenship. That seems fair to me.
preferably by military service. Same applies to women.
The military is too big already. We need to shrink it down until it is big enough to defend this nation, but not to fuck up the rest of the world. I seem to recall even you being involved with some worthless bullshit when you were in the military.

The problem is that your assumptions seem to be based on things that are not true, if you agree with the message you posted.

I'd prefer she not do that. The last time she got involved with an online community I was on there were some problems that I had to solve with other people afterwards. I'd prefer not to deal with that bullshit here. I will tell you though, that her story is far different from that of most Mexicans that come here, so it wouldn't serve any purpose in trying to understand undocumented immigrants.
I don't have any "roid rage" and I have a lucid opinion, I'm just tired of being the Galileo who has to convince the rest of the world that the Earth orbits the sun rather than the other way around. If you seriously want to understand more about this topic, I suggest going to MigraMatters where lots of good information is posted.
- - - - -
You are my hero, theboz by debacle (2.00 / 0) #49 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 01:13:26 PM EST
Thank you for thoroughly kicking the shit out of ti_dave's ass.

I can see Mexico from where I am now.... by randomxs (4.00 / 3) #5 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 06:50:35 PM EST
writing this.

I see where you are going, here's my experience...

Bullet #1: If you are USian there is no such thing as entering illegally, unless you don't pay the .50 bridge fare.

Bullet #2: Um you DON'T want free medical care in Mexico, like we have in US. There you get what you pay for.

Bullet #3: Most educated people in Mexico speak English. You don't have to demand it.

Bullet #4: They don't have bi-lingual forms. No one demands them. They probably would offer them if there was a demand AND you paid for them.

Bullet #5: Not sure about the procreation part.

Bullet #6: Most Mexican would scratch their heads regarding that statement.

Bullet #7: You could do it and I have seen it, but if you made a big deal out of it you would be deported or beaten up by "federales, or judiciales" I would imagine. Just my guess though. Doesn't seem to happen much.

Bullet #8: Mexican school system is not much like ours. But if you pay for it with enough money you could probably have taught what you wanted. Past a certain grade level in Mexico you have to spend lots of money to send your kids to school. If I remember, school is not compulsory there.

Bullet #9: Driver's licenses do not have the same meaning there they do here. Getting a license is nothing more than going and buying one. Sort of like a tax. Mexican traffic police have to buy their way into the force. I never saw anyone get anything more than a parking ticket. Again, you have to buy your parking space.

Bullet #10: I don't remember HAVING to buy Mexican insurance. If you are in a wreck even if it is not your fault, you are thrown in jail, all parties are thrown in jail until things are sorted out. Their legal system is based on Napoleonic Law, not English Common Law. It takes a great deal of money to get your "Get Outta Jail" card if you are a USian.

Bullet #11: Most federale officers and judiciales speak English. But they are not forced to. Their law enforcement system is much different than ours, yet it is simple. Top dogs are the federales. Only dumbasses mess with them. Judiciales (Judicial/State police) you shouldn't mess with either. Traffic cops are a joke. I was always advised to drive away from an accident if I was ever in one, if it were at all possible.

The short answer is: If you have enough money ... etc etc.

On the other hand it is like comparing apples to oranges because their judicial/political system is entirely different than the US and probably Canada.

"When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to laugh at him." - Thomas Szasz

So... by ti dave (4.00 / 3) #9 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:21:54 PM EST
Which system do you prefer?

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

that's a toughie... by randomxs (4.00 / 3) #13 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 07:36:36 PM EST
only had to live under USian law. If I could make in Mexico what I make here I would live there. I could have maids and a cook 24/7 not to mention a chauffer. Utilities are unreliable though, but getting better on the border.

You might want to read some of my experiences here and here about mexico, if you haven't already read them. Keep in mind though that they happened quite some time ago. Comments on both are interesting however.

Oh yeah...one more thing.... by randomxs (4.00 / 3) #23 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 03:41:02 AM EST
People cry about corruption here in the US. It is NOTHING compared to the corruption in Mexico. It is so common from the VERY TOP all the way down to the traffic cop that only occaisionally do people complain about it.

Being el presidente in Mexico is a ticket to rape PEMEX the nationalized oil company. People have a name for all this bribery, it is called "mordita" the little bite. I believe that is what it is called.

I call bullshit by theboz (4.00 / 1) #36 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:54:38 AM EST
We are the same here, just that our corruption is so institutionalized that we don't see it as corruption. For example, the president doesn't directly steal the money here, they just join together with Congress and spend it on $300 toilet seats at companies that they happen to be shareholders of, and often formerly worked for. There is no question that the U.S. has the most corrupt government in the world if you want to base it solely off of bribery. As far as the police go, haven't you ever wondered why they spend most of their efforts going after motorists and other income generating crimes rather than things that cost them money such as murder, rape, etc?

One other thing, why would such a corrupt nation as Mexico be able to reach remote mountain villages to drop supplies and help their rescue their people after a major hurricane hits, while under similar circumstances our government pretty much sat around patting themselves on the back, then sat around arguing over who was responsible, then failed to do anything afterwards to help people and has mostly covered up the fact that there has been very little work done cleaning up after the hurricane and that they're still finding dead people and not paying cities like Houston that covered for FEMA's lack of doing their jobs.

You mean Bush doesn't have any investments or friends in the oil industry along with the highly esteemed Bush family friends, the bin Ladens? It does seem a bit strange that gas prices were pretty stable, but lately Exxon and other oil companies are making record breaking profits.
- - - - -
you say 'poe, tah, toe'... by randomxs (2.00 / 0) #41 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 07:49:59 AM EST
I am probably being trolled so in case not, respectfully, you have no idea what you are talking about. What you say about Bush may be true, but in Mexico it dwarfs what the US does. For example, since the Revolution there has been only one political party that wins elections. Only once has a president been elected by another party.

The oil companies may be raking in record profits in the US, but ALL profits coming from PEMEX go into Swiss bank accounts of all mexican presidents, probably including the current one.

I didn't say there was no corruption in the US, but it pales in comparision to most of Latin America, including mexico. That's just how business is done.

Besides, I thought the discussion was about Mexico NOT the US.

It's about both countries by theboz (4.00 / 2) #44 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 09:22:18 AM EST
What you say about Bush may be true, but in Mexico it dwarfs what the US does.
I seriously doubt it. As an employee of a company formerly known as Enron, who had Bush and Cheney in their back pocket up until things got too crazy, excuse me for not being as optimistic as you are about the amount of corruption in this country. Additionally, if you look into the companies that supply the military, the corruption gets much worse. President Eisenhower's final speech as president warned us against what has happened with regards to corrupt politicians and the military industrial complex, and it's all come true.
The problem here is that although we have two political parties, both have acted pretty consistently against the people of the United States. Sure, they don't overtly do things to freak us out, so most Americans are happy as long as they have their Dish Network, Walmart, and McDonalds. The quality of life has gone downhill for the majority of people here for at least the past few years as a direct result of our corrupt government.
Why are the oil companies here making record breaking profits though? If it was due to OPEC nations increasing their prices, they would pass that onto the consumers but the oil companies would make about as much money as they always have because their operating expenses would remain steady, they would just have to pay more up front for the oil. If it was due to an increased overall oil price, such as how it hit $70 a barrel today, then the same would occur. The companies would keep the same profit but the rise in prices at the pump would be in line with the rise in oil prices. I can give you many different scenarios that could be a good reason for gas to become more expensive, all of which would not increase the profit for the gas companies. Only two things would help them make more money: cutting production and raising prices for no reason. Both are occurring. The people who are profiting from this? Bush, Cheney, the bin Ladens, and tons of other rich investors. I'm profiting from it some too, since I decided to buy some stocks in oil companies. I also have a 401k now that should be decent if I stay on top of it, also made up partially in the petrochemical industry. However, since I don't work for the government, there is no conflict of interest.

It's how business is done here too, but they spread out the corruption far enough here that people keep quiet about it. We have an "open corruption" economy in a way, because technically anyone can run for office and anyone can invest money, but those who have some level of power to do both in a large way control everything.
Besides, I thought the discussion was about Mexico NOT the US.
It's about both, because the author of the message ti dave posted is trying to legitimize the xenophobia, racism, and jingoism that white supremacists have by claiming that Mexico would do the same.
- - - - -
sadly your response to bullet 8 by 256 (4.00 / 1) #31 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:18:59 AM EST
is no longer the case. they changed that about three years ago. driver's licenses are now much harder to get. it is comparable to the process in canada or the us.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
Thanks for the correction.... by randomxs (2.00 / 0) #32 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:37:40 AM EST
It has been about that long since I was last there, even though is live within a mile of the border. So I stand corrected.

i had occassion to find out by 256 (2.00 / 0) #39 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 07:38:04 AM EST
last winter misslake and i spent five months in mexico and, seeing as how my ontario driver's license has been revoked and further knowing that mexican driver's licenses are valid in Canada, buying a mexican license seemed like a wise investment.

maybe i just went to the wrong bureau, but it was a pretty rural and non-touristy area, where laws and regulations seem to be enforced with less gusto. there was a written test on traffic law and car operation (in spanish of course) which i'm sure i could have passed, but they also wanted to see proof of residency and a work visa. i had an address, but was in the country on a six month tourist visa and they told me that that did not qualify me for a license. maybe if i had looked a little less guero it would have been a simpler task.

also, i am of the understanding that, while there is a road test you are theoretically supposed to do under the new system, most bureaus simply waive it.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

from a Canadian's point of view . . . by slozo (4.00 / 2) #14 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 08:29:51 PM EST
. . . I go through the points:

ENTER MEXICO ILLEGALLY. Fairly easy to do, as I have taken the late night bus into Tijuana, and you go through no official border per se - just a few guys who check your bags for explosives or drugs. Then you have to search for (and in most cases) wake up the guy who has a stamp for your passbook. Later, you will find out this is the wrong stamp, whereupon a bribe may be necessary.

DEMAND FREE MEDICAL CARE. never tried - why the hell would you?

DEMAND BILINGUAL NURSES, DOCTORS, GOV'T FORMS, ETC. never tried - hell, Spanish ain't hard to learn though.

PROCREATE ABUNDANTLY. You will find most Christian girls in Mexico will fool around till the cows come home, but letting you get below the waistline? Un unh. Marriage awaits the procreators . . .

I will skip a few here, as I couldn't give an answer . . . unh, ok, DRIVE AROUND WITH NO LIABILITY INSURANCE AND IGNORE ALL TRAFFIC LAWS. Easy enough, but you need the cash to pay off the cops at all times. The more foreign you look, the higher the bribe required.

That's the best I can do. Flying an American flag anywhere in Mexico (except for a consulate)would get you lots of stares, and in general make a lot of trouble for you, I can guarantee it. What would actually happen beyond that, I know not . . .

heh by theantix (4.00 / 4) #16 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 09:45:11 PM EST
Get 11 million americans to do that, and I bet you'd start to see some results.  And the opposite is true as well, if it were just one Mexican demanding all those things in America it would be as laughably false as the premise of your quote.

____________________________________
You sir, are worse than Hitler.
Don't you also have to live in a 'hood by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #18 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 01:12:13 AM EST
You know, with white picket fences, neatly trimmed grass, and Achy Breaky Heart pumping out really quietly?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
my thoughts on your diary: by rmg (2.25 / 4) #19 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 02:59:25 AM EST
you should have a rally.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

Your Ivy League education fails you. by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 03:29:09 AM EST
You see, the bit in italics is where I quoted someone else. Thanks for trying, though.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

not just a white supremacist, but a weaselly one. by rmg (2.00 / 0) #24 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 03:53:03 AM EST
you don't see a lot of people posting aryan nation propaganda on scoop sites, except baldrson. why is that?

cripes, man, own what you post!

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

If that's the case by theboz (2.00 / 0) #37 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:57:26 AM EST
Then why did you post it? You're spreading it, and don't indicate that you see any problem with problem agreeing with it. I'm sure you're trolling, but it's still unnecessary.
- - - - -
If it's true & factual, I'll agree with it. by ti dave (2.00 / 0) #38 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 07:16:37 AM EST
Still waiting for your perspective, hot-head.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

What truths and facts? by theboz (4.00 / 1) #43 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 09:03:34 AM EST
If you want my perspective, it's basically that the person who wrote it doesn't understand 1) U.S. immigration laws and the rights afforded to immigrants, whether they are documented or undocumented. 2) The person does not understand Mexico either and most likely has never been there, so they expect the Mexican people to be as jingoistic and xenophobic as Americans can be and present that as normal. I think others have pointed out that Mexico isn't as afraid as we are of our borders, nor are they going to give a shit if someone goes there with an American flag. In fact, here in the U.S. it's ok for people to fly foreign flags, providing they are from nations of white people. Saint Patrick's Day parades don't piss off the neonazis like flying the Mexican flag does. Additionally, as someone who attended one of those marches, I would say that the flags were at least 95% U.S. flags, maybe 3% Mexican, and the rest from other countries, various branches of the military, or the U.N. flag.

As far as being a hot-head, yes I am. It's true.
- - - - -

wow by 256 (4.00 / 1) #40 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 07:41:42 AM EST
i don't know whether i should feel like an idiot of the blessed dostoyevskian sort or just of the ordinary sort.

i just now got this. the first three times i read it i was like "sure, you could get away with some of those things, less so with others; but why would you want to?"

then, after it percolated in my mind for nigh on an hour i was suddenly like "wait! this isn't about americans in mexico at all! it's about mexicans in the US!"

gross.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

/me bonks 256 on the head! :) /nt by randomxs (4.00 / 1) #45 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 09:38:15 AM EST

All of your points refuted by Weapon of Pack Destruction (2.00 / 0) #48 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:43:02 PM EST
here

Quick quiz: The first U.S military death in the Iraq war was a citizen of what country?