Print Story clearing the air
Cycling
By moonvine (Fri Apr 14, 2006 at 09:45:21 AM EST) (all tags)

Ah. Discovering what it is to like. Something. So much. It fills your heart like a balloon

Having cleared the debris and the stale pungent rot, I am left all alone with just the sweetest honeysuckle blossoms. And it suits me just fine. Keeping my nose clean, that is...

"- the nose is, albeit provisionally, the most delicate instrument at our disposal: it is an instrument capable of recording the most minimal changes of movement, changes that escape even spectroscopic detection." Nietzsche

Do you wonder sometimes about our life? Do you wonder what all of this is really? Wonder what we hang suspended from, that we may not hang, but stand fixed to a spot, swaying. Or fixed, period? Our fight? Our manias? Our loves? Our Likes? Our anger? Our frustrations? Our joys? Our despair? Our torment? Us? The other?

Does the guy in the car really care that I gave him the bird from yesterday, or has he washed it off already at the urinal? Or does it sit pungent, on top of his alabaster skin, wearing his energy thin? Wishful thinking- thoughts of impaling the whacked Indian blazing by with missed opportunities and clever retorts? Does it all lay unconsummated, untouched, with only a fierce burning desire for action, reaction, all hanging suspended within the growing layers of grossly overfed pancreatic ulcers?

Does that shy smile sit on her lips long after the moment escapes or is it worn away by the disparaging comment made the next day, is it lost forever, or does it grow discontent, and lost, waxing old waves that one recalls as the stench of fragrance gone bad? What illusions are these, or are they, even?

My nose is trimmed, waxed and clean! Hooray for that!

Darling olfactory, ever my grandest sense,  supreme of the day's navigator, my metaphor bar none. Never grasped the eyes being the keys to one's soul, what is that? But do I ever get it when it said written or stated that something smells rotten? Smells funny? Smells weird? Out of place? Do I ever!

Every evening I am out and about on my bicycle rediscovering that thing... whatever it was that I misplaced, you know, that thing... and instead I have hit on something more delightful than I could have ever imagined. Even the pavement my ass lands on smells like sweet honeysuckle love! This neighborhood is just so magical to me. Cottages. Gardens. Happy couples. Life is a brew here wafting with waves of gentle joys, sweet hymns, extending welcome smiles from the warm serenity of its maple blossoms and friendly poplar tree's leaves. For all of this, one cannot help but take in all of the deliciousness, and not to do so, well it would be criminal ...

I have become accustomed to a different need. A different thirst. Hunger. On a different hunt. Yes, I still hunt with thirst to be quenched, hunger to be satiated, but not with that overwhelming french film intensity of the starved, cavalier girl of yesterday.

Today, it is slowly, it is carefully, and deliciously, that I drink, lingering dreamily into all of the special smells from this new retreat,  this new life's resuscitation. This new place I call home.

Spring has not been this kind and welcoming to me in many years, and i embrace it with all of my heart. And yet I do not harbor contempt for the shivery fog that until now has been my steady wintery companion. And presto! Like a mirage, gone. Was it ever here? The diligent summer ant labors on, as shall I.

< Weekend stuff | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
clearing the air | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Moony Moony Moony by MisterQueue (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Apr 14, 2006 at 11:45:06 AM EST
Can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me.

Okay so here's this thing right? I can identify, classify, demystify, and terrify. Is that right? The last one there. Shit I knew I mispainted my placemat.

Let me start again.

You can be this bloodhound you so desire and hunt out that which bays at you in the night; but are you prepared for what you'll find?

Sometimes the adventure is better than the lumbering rabbithole find; all jitter-jacks and feet hoofing it over the landsea.

Time enough to find and time enough for here.

But then I am a boy of The Fall and not the spring, so my .02 may be gutterbug gibberish to you.

I am pleased to see you pleased; and I am pleased to see you.

------------
"I always percieved the Q to be more about laughing at sadness, not laughing per se." -infinitera

to join the Q- by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #6 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:28:28 PM EST

aw shucks. danke. you make it smell so good.

prepared, eh,  hmm, wait here it goes...!

swift and orderly. swift orderly?

Order Me Swiftly by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:37:06 PM EST
Or is that a Re-order? I saw it go and watched it for some time; it was a dream from which I did not want to wake up.

------------

Ahhh found it! by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:42:29 PM EST

wasnt prepared yet for what I wouldn't find. damn. how do you do thAT?

i have been sleepy, can't shrug the shoulder off this rug. has it to do with the padded white knots tied at the back? have i to be spoon fed?

I am glad you have awakened.

now it seems time to gather our fences and build water structures out of air and ignorance.

Though the Q often sleeps in the deep by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #12 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:46:41 PM EST
My eyes open for when the moon comes out to play.

It is a fresh and fertile time that isn't to be missed; it reminds me that all things are ephermeral.

spoons don't feed if they have slots dear, you know this; and I am worried about where the rest of your rug is tied up. The trail leads beneath the sofa but I cannot say what could be under there.

Sometimes there is rumblings in the night, but those are just passing thoughts and idle engines; don't let it worry you.

------------

The shutters open by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 04:07:18 PM EST
to teeth and lips gaping wide- excitement like this, how can one think of sleep! When dreaming cannot compare to liquid poured out of cups never-filling out names like joy and laughter!

And as the shoulder of the window's ledge beckoning mischievously to sudden flight from its heated and oh so very comfortable perch,

it is as if to wait in queue seems nothing short of hearing merry ringing from as close as the sparkle entwined stars whispering from above... to smile all of the time!

Always to smile-

cept when your sad.

Yes, my sweet, I gathered enough to understand where those slots have been hiding, and to feed. Have I told you that just the other day sure as fire ali baba came to visit me and said so softly...

OPEN!

Says Me! by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #15 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 05:05:52 PM EST
Giddiness abounds like larks alighting upon the tip of your nose. They perch politely; none entranced and all knowing.

Indeed who could stop smelling such sweet succor for with every turn we see more and more of ourselves.

Each sheer scrap of hiding places torn away until; bit by bit, we learn learn learn.

Sliiiiide.

------------

Up! Yow! by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:26:08 AM EST
good times q, good times... another quequestioner working possibly? have to ask the amount of m&ms desired and why- kisses!

You know what.. just for you by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 06:27:54 AM EST
a queuestionaire will be put out there today.

Just. For. You.

------------

eeeeeee squeling by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #19 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 05:51:01 PM EST
clapping my hands with thunderstorms from the outside- so excited! yayyyyyyy!!! love you!

'SQUEALING' SORRY. by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #20 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 05:52:08 PM EST
n/t

*sheepish grin* by MisterQueue (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 07:45:27 PM EST
You are most welcome.

------------

I echo your sentiments "Spring has not by calla (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Apr 14, 2006 at 01:19:50 PM EST
been this kind and welcoming to me in many years"

When blixco introduced me to you - did he connect us inextricably?

It's been a while since I've seen you here. I knew we'd pull you back eventually. And when you blithely fluttered in, I had no doubt that you would be in a better station then when we'd last chatted, just as I am.

It's good to see you again.

nose trimmed? is that a euphemism?

yes, but not by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #13 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:49:28 PM EST
such an uncontrollably large euphemism... i mean mine isn't that large ; ) button?

i prefer an Il Postino metaforay

I was just by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Apr 14, 2006 at 02:10:34 PM EST
thinking of you, and wondering how you are.

Maybe it was because the other day I saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and that reminds me of you, or because this site here, some say, has been going through some waves of chaos and love, lately, and that also seems to me the most perfect time for you to appear. Or just every so often I get to thinking of voices I haven't heard in a while, and whom I miss.

So good to see your world bloom. I hope you have many more pleasures coming that you can share with us.

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."

yeah by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #7 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:33:05 PM EST

i really like them. interesting that-

im glad to still see your interest. makes my heart feel pretty.

the wake that has been left behind, and soon to follow... thanks for that.

hi moonvine by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Apr 14, 2006 at 02:36:25 PM EST

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

'lo darling : p by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:35:53 PM EST
MillMan

Wow by motty (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Apr 14, 2006 at 06:16:05 PM EST
After that even saying +1FP seems unspeakably trite.

bows

Thank you.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

Well there now, by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Apr 16, 2006 at 03:37:27 PM EST
thank You.

I, yes, I do. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 09:42:54 AM EST

Please see the previous 4 years.

It sounds as though you have enough steam for us both!
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

yes. i do by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #21 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 05:53:58 PM EST
have enough steam, here i coooooommme...

clearing the air | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback