Print Story Sexy HuSi love-fest.
Love
By Alice Pulley (Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 12:56:45 AM EST) love, weekend (all tags)
After all the negativity thats been floating round recently, I have been inspired by Hulvers lovely offer of writing letters to also try and re-introduce some love.

Contained within, people who I love on HuSi and why.

Write in poll:Who do you love on HuSi?

NOTE: This is in no particular order.

Nebbish: Lovely fellow, writes well, likes footy, likes a beer, loved his attempt to be kicked out of a shopping centre. Plus wants to shag chavs, +1.

Rogerborg: Like the ginger-haired, goat-bearded, plump-stomached, wizardy father I never had.

Ambrosen: Witty and a good man to have a beer with. Smarter than me by about 20 miles (everyone else here just 10 miles ahead).

Codemonkey: An old friend and much lovelier in real life than some may realise.

Hulver: Again, top man to have a beer (or several) with. The letter idea was superb. Oh yeah, does all that 'techy' stuff on HuSi.

256: Love reading his work, leads an interesting life.

Misslake: Splendid turn of phrase, laundry diary was hilarious, hawt.

Misstrish: Hawt.

Webwench: Her comments usually bring me to a state of sly chuckling.

Merekat: Nice person, writes very beautiful diarys about her day-to-day life that make me think I should stop and smell the roses more often.

Komet: Witty, a lot of his comments make me lol also usually has a good perspective on serious shit.

Anonimouse: Makes me feel morally upstanding.

Thenick: Funny, funny, funny.

RMG: A highly amusing (and clever) trollerist. Good work.

R Mutt: Posts handy links.

CBB: Always enjoy reading his stuff.

Jump the Ladder: Footy diarys, beer drinking and strippers. Makes me feel all laddy.

Thats kind of all I can think of off the top of my head, no offense intended to anyone not here, especially the obvious people, my memory is shit. To all who I have conversed with I very much value your time and comments, communication is the cornerstone of my life at least and I love you all for allowing me to express myself (dull as it may be) in such a way.

Plus, FOUR DAY MOTHER FUCKING WEEKEND!* How can you not love your fellow man!

*in UKia at least.

< Big Uncle is watching you | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Sexy HuSi love-fest. | 56 comments (56 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
And in return by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 01:17:12 AM EST
You're dead funny (in a laugh with you, not at you way), and an open, honest, genuine bloke. I mean, who else would post a diary like this?

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

(Comment Deleted) by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 01:22:25 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by vorheesleatherface

Dammit. by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:01:02 AM EST
One of the obvious ommissions -vorheesleatherface: funny and like me, pleasingly honest about his desires on young ladies.

Edit function by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:45:43 AM EST
Alternatively, he can just add himself in later.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Awwww, by blixco (4.00 / 4) #11 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:51:16 AM EST
thanks.  But there are lots of people who don't like me.

Yet.  I will beat them into submissi....

Er....
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Name one by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #21 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 04:56:00 AM EST
Just pick the name from the top of your List.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
debacle! by blixco (4.00 / 1) #25 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:14:08 AM EST
I really don't want to name names, though.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
I only dislike you by debacle (4.00 / 2) #43 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 11:52:11 AM EST
Because I was promised that I would be beaten into submission.

If that's not gonna happen, I don't really thing the archnemesis deal is really going to work out.

"Misstrish: Hawt." by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #3 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 01:36:46 AM EST
Nicely neanderthal.  I'd respond, but frankly I don't think your cock's big enough to warrant any attention.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Claire, stop saying that!!! by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 3) #7 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:02:32 AM EST
Whoa. Flashback.

She wanted a threesome with Misstrish? by ambrosen (4.00 / 3) #8 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:04:07 AM EST
Well, you made a mistake there for sure.

Also... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 03:57:32 AM EST
...sigged.

Vote story to front page? by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 4) #4 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 01:49:36 AM EST
I know I did.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Cheers. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:01:46 AM EST
That's a flattering profile for sure. I've been feeling that a little less witty and a little more nice bloke are needed in my behaviour here.

You yourself are also a great bloke to have a beer with (although let's forgo the Aftershock next time), and like nebbish said, a good-hearted man*. And modest. It looks like there's plenty of ways you're 20 miles smarter than me, even if I can occasionally beat you in the sarcy comments front, and the having spent much of the last three years with little to do but read clever stuff on the internet.**

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the weekend, but I've got to plan a 30 minute seminar I'm giving during it, as well as prepare a load of hymnsheets and get my car ready for ferrying people around the Peak District. The latter is worrying, as the rear suspension has a mind of its own (well, it's got dirt in its hydraulic mind of its own), so I've got to do some DIY on it first. Also, I've got to get my mum a birthday present.

I think I'll write the rest of my to do list in my own diary, though.

*Can you tell I spend all day listening to Radio 2?
**On one of my other internet/UUCP hangouts (occasionally frequented by crispyduck and Dr T, too), someone posted a doom and gloom global warming scenario, to which a Dr JA replied saying it wasn't all doom and gloom. Someone else replied to Dr JA implying he was an ignoramus and global warming was true, etc, etc. The third poster was reminded that Dr JA was a well known climate scientist, and indeed had a $10,000 bet with a colleague (as seen on /.) that global warming was true. That anecdote is actually irrelevant to what I was saying, but I'm sure there was some reason I thought of it.

Ahem... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 02:04:48 AM EST
...I think I'll write the rest of my to do list in my own diary, though.

Scoff, scoff, scoff.

Hrm. by blixco (4.00 / 6) #12 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 03:11:37 AM EST
Everyone!  Seriously.  I'll try to list a few. But I read every single diary here, and I dig all of 'em.

Let's see...this is going to take a while and I'm going to forget too many.  Christopher Robin was Murdered has a brilliant nic, and is always a good read.  Kellnerin, I have a secret crush on Kellnerin.  Don't tell her.  The ana / toxicfur team, just the thought of 'em makes me happy.  Rogerborg is, I think, one of the most talented voices on the entire site.  The local Texans (Atreides, theboz, clock and Stacky, plus my former co-worker zarathus) are all big favorites of mine.  Ad hoc and his dog, I love 'em both.  Cam, 606, yicky yacky, Nebbish, hulver, and codemonkey I'd happily down a few, cook 'em dinner.  MNS, the guy is just righteous even when he's being attacked by she-male "journalists."  CBB, I love the guy, everything he writes is damn fine.  The whole of the Shawshack, esp 256 and misslake (who I think is probably the prettiest punk chick I've ever laid eyes on), they're funny and way too goddamn smart for their own good.  All of the guys in China.  Lyle Saxon, he's the best source of "on the ground" Japanese culture coverage I've read.  Of course iGrrrl, and not just because she's everything I already love in a person.  Rizzo and molasses and I will one day be married.  MisterQueue, may he rest in pieces, is still my brother.  Coillte, that Irish bastard, is necessary for those back alley broken bottle and knife fights and life or death poetry.  My good friend jimgon, who I'd give a kidney to.  My friends from Cruces (Mike, Ryan, Gordon).  Ammo_dave and calla, each seperately for being long-time friends, and together as cutest + most unlikely couple.  me0w for her unyielding stance. Webwench for being webwench, and not trying to be anyone else. DU, Bob Abooey(!!!), greyrat, ObviousTroll, duxup, debacle...

I could go on and on and on.  Literally name every single user on the site, I am a fan of everyone's contribution.  At one point, there were a couple of users I wanted to just kill, but now I totally love 'em.

We're still small enough that every voice has impact.  The site is bigger than I ever thought it would be, our front page of late moving quick and really becoming an excellent thing.  The constant chatter in The Hole is always worthwhile.

I think everyone here should be proud of the ridiculous amount of good that this site has.  Great damn music, excellent moments of text, a depth of caring and honesty that exists only as a reaction to the medium itself.

Y'all are all aces in my book.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Ob Python: I'm not ! by Phage (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 03:18:23 AM EST
With the amount of work I've been doing lately, I haven't had time to post, but would echo Blix's sentiments.
You might all be virtual - but damn interesting people that I wouldn't meet otherwise.

And you! by blixco (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 03:27:31 AM EST
Goddamn.  I hould have just dumped the entire username database by UID.

I still see the graphic from your sig, though, in my head.  You should add it manually to all of your posts, so that I can quickly pick them out again.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

I forgot by blixco (4.00 / 3) #14 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 03:26:25 AM EST
Driusan, Millman, lm (how could I forget lm?!?), theantix (whom I forgot on purpose), ucblockhead, and the only singing fisherman on the site, riceowlguy.

Hrm.  I think that makes my hotlist == hulver.com/scoop
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

your secret by Kellnerin (4.00 / 5) #20 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 04:47:27 AM EST
is safe with me.

I won't start naming people, for fear of accidentally leaving someone off the list. But there have been some ridiculously good diaries lately, and I've been hammering away at the VSTFP button for days. There's a lot of good stuff going on here, and I for one am looking forward to the output of the current _FCs and everything else.

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."

I think of you all the time. by ambrosen (4.00 / 3) #24 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:12:32 AM EST
Well, every time I unlock my car door, I think "It'd be so much easier if I sorted the remote locking out." Then I think "but Kellnerin can't see the point of it."

It's funny how we live on in our small remarks.

thanks by Kellnerin (4.00 / 5) #26 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:22:02 AM EST
I'll have to make a note of that so my gravestone can read,
HERE LIES KELLNERIN
19XX-20XX
SHE NEVER DID GET
THE POINT OF
REMOTE LOCKS

"later" meant either "when you walk around the corner" or "oatmeal."
I think the real difference is by ambrosen (4.00 / 3) #27 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:34:17 AM EST
that you don't carry a laptop, a bag full of lunch and two spare jumpers out to the car every morning, which leaves my right hand full, and my car key in my right hand pocket, leaving me to reach round with my left hand, unfold the key one handed and unlock the front door, before opening the back door to put all my crap on the seat.

In the evening, the procedure is repeated, not infrequently while carrying a box of books. So just plipping a button in my pocket would be nice, instead of having to use antediluvian technology to get in.

aww.... we think you're great too by 256 (4.00 / 1) #36 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 09:46:02 AM EST

also, i have always thought "too smart for your own good" is one of the highest compliments out there.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
ARRRGGGHHHH! by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 3) #16 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 03:49:36 AM EST
Dr MNS for all his well thought out medication and alcohol related cures for lifes ailments - plus being an all round top guy.

I love you too, dude. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #28 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:41:45 AM EST

You *and* your little dog, Waggy, even if you don't post enough pictures of him!

Keep meaning to do a waggy photo story... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #29 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:51:06 AM EST
...will get working...

I will vote it to the front page by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #30 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:52:43 AM EST

repeatedly, and without anyone's assistance!

Awww by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 3) #18 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 04:02:27 AM EST
Love all round, hippies!

/hate hangovers

GAHHHAHAHH! by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 04:07:57 AM EST
Dr T: Depravity, footy, good beer experience sharer.

I luv your Clare stuff by jump the ladder (4.00 / 3) #22 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:04:26 AM EST
Reminds of me and other people and shite way we deal with the opposite sex...

Its a kind gotta laugh or cry cathartic... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #23 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 05:11:17 AM EST
...type thing for me. Believe it or not, being able to get shit down out via Husi when not really having other conduits helped me through a few dark days last year.

I believe your attempt at love is sincere by calla (2.20 / 5) #31 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 06:17:06 AM EST
but honestly, listing favorites isn't the way to go about it. It's cliquish.

I don't know about you, but I never felt love from any clique.

telling someone you love them by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 4) #34 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 08:29:51 AM EST
takes nothing away from anyone else

life is not a zero sum game

to not praise because you fear the reactions of those that are not the recipiants is to live in a sad flat world

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

Sure. by calla (4.00 / 2) #39 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 10:02:47 AM EST
But listing favorites which don't include everyone is cliquish.

blixco got it right.

Hi by hulver (4.00 / 5) #35 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 09:30:26 AM EST
Sorry, you got the wrong diary. The one for complaining about cliques while being a member of one is over that way a bit.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
I've never been a member of any clique. by calla (4.00 / 1) #38 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 10:00:40 AM EST
I'm definitely not in a clique now.

Sure you are. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #41 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 11:14:22 AM EST
You're in the HuSi regular users clique.

You're also in the chicks who moved across the country to be with ammo_dave clique.  That last one is far more exclusive than the first.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

You'd think so by debacle (4.00 / 1) #44 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 11:56:02 AM EST
But half of the creatures with vaginas in the first clique are also part of the second clique.

I wouldn't call that a clique. by calla (2.00 / 0) #45 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 12:56:25 PM EST
clique - a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons

Anybody can post here regularly. It's only in rare circumstances that someone is banned.

Confused: by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #49 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 01:32:54 AM EST
'Blixco got it right'...

Blixco posted a list of names, ending with a statement saying he could go on and he liked everyone. Isn't that what I did? It reads like it was to me and my intention was not to be exclusive hence my statement at the end about enjoying conversing with everyone here.

Glass half empty/glass half full.

He said he loved everyone on the site. by calla (2.00 / 0) #52 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 06:15:10 AM EST
You didn't.

Wow. by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #53 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 06:16:10 AM EST
You really are pedantic (or an effective troller). Well done.

not pedantic or trolling. by calla (2.00 / 0) #54 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 06:22:21 AM EST
If you loved everyone on the site - you would have said so.

Forming cliques only segregates. Does that sound like love?

Spread the love, by loving everybody.

My misanthropy is legendary by idiot boy (2.00 / 0) #32 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 08:05:31 AM EST
I hate you all. You'll all be posting pictures of puppies and other irritating mammals next no doubt.

Just to piss me off of course.

Kinkajou! by Driusan (4.00 / 3) #42 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 11:44:28 AM EST
Cute animal

Vive le Montréal libre.
Maybe I'm reading the wrong diaries by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #33 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 08:20:28 AM EST
What negativity are you speaking of?

All I've seen lately has been the normal Husi stuff along with the current boob-picture phase we're going through. I'd hardly call that negative in any sense.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

hey thanks by 256 (4.00 / 2) #37 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 09:57:47 AM EST
husi has amazed me time and again by gathering such funny, intelligent, genuine and likeable people in one place. i can't think of a Husian that I wouldn't be happy to have crash on my couch (even anonimouse, though the shawshack ladies might veto that).

the GTA-husi crew is downright phenomenal and I am thrilled that Driusan and Spacejack have become shawshack regulars.

at the risk of sounding sappy, i consider all of you friends in a way that, in my pre-husi days, i would not have thought possible over the internet.

i feel that were i to go anywhere in the world that husi's membership stretches to, i would not be alone.

love.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

I hope you feel great, you mother fucker by debacle (4.00 / 7) #40 Thu Apr 13, 2006 at 10:59:14 AM EST
I'm glad you can sleep at night while the rest of us are sitting in our bathtubs crying because we were omitted from the fucking list.

You are only serving to isolate the fringes of the community even further!

I feel like I'm in high school again. "Oh, him? Yeah, I guess he's cool too."

Silence is a virtue, cockmunger.

Woo! by komet (4.00 / 1) #46 Fri Apr 14, 2006 at 03:50:06 AM EST
I got a mention! My trousers feel funny now.

You, Sir, FWIW, are (along with a few other Husians) on my "people with whom to get drunk and disorderly in a public place when I'm next in London" list. Although I will probably have the piss taken out of me for being a lightweight.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

I'm going to go and sit in the corner and cry by DullTrev (4.00 / 2) #47 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 02:51:18 PM EST

I hate you all.

*runs off sobbing*

DFJ?
:< by flowergrrl (4.00 / 1) #48 Mon Apr 17, 2006 at 10:56:26 PM EST
I mean nothing to you!!

(oh and pop over for a tea soon)

i think that maybe by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 1) #50 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 04:26:49 AM EST
never posting anything ever maybe disqualifies one from a name check here!

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Sorry dude... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #51 Tue Apr 18, 2006 at 04:48:17 AM EST
...this was a HuSi based affair and as you post fairly infrequently, you name didn't immediately spring to mind.

And thank you for the invite, Vienna in the Summer sounds like a very good idea.

uh.. by flowergrrl (2.00 / 0) #55 Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 12:07:02 AM EST
I am in the UK for a good deal of time again

old house :D

Crivens!!! by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #56 Sun Apr 23, 2006 at 11:15:26 PM EST
I'd forgot about that! Will have to catch up - as long as your husband doesn't mind you meeting up with dashing "young" men...

Sexy HuSi love-fest. | 56 comments (56 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback