Print Story do you like dogs?
Fishies
By rmg (Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 12:27:12 PM EST) (all tags)
i don't have a dog myself, but my mother has one. i didn't like dogs when she first got it (back when i was i high school), but it's grown on me. i mean, there's something wrong with someone who doesn't like nice, little dogs that don't shed or bark too much.

i know some people, especially internet people, like cats, but i think they're a little too moody. dogs are always happy and excited, which is nice. cats don't really care whether you live or die. plus, i'm kind of mildly allergic to cats.

anyway, i'm sure everyone has a story or two about their dogs. so how about it? do you like dogs?

Update [2006-4-11 7:44:34 by rmg]: don't edit my stories, ana.
< Trip report | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
do you like dogs? | 34 comments (34 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Wait, you still post here? by webwench (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 12:28:40 PM EST
Or is this more fetid k5 spillover?

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

don't be mean, webwench. by rmg (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 12:39:16 PM EST
of course i post here. too much lately, i regret to say.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
Are you bored? by calla (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 12:44:53 PM EST
Can't you find something better to do than to continue this troll?

It's like by ucblockhead (4.00 / 3) #4 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 01:34:00 PM EST
people with poor social skills telling a joke. They tell a joke. No one laughs, so they explain it and explain it, hoping that if somehow they can just get everyone to understand why it's funny everyone will laugh and they'll get the approval they crave when in fact it's just that the joke was bad and the delivery poor.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
it's more like marketing. by rmg (4.00 / 3) #5 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 01:40:37 PM EST
you see something that works, so you do it again, perhaps with some variation.

the one who craves something and keeps coming back is you. you love the easy feeling of superiority you get claiming i'm a bad troll and you just keep doing it month after month, year after year. but we've had this discussion before. we'll have it again.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

Only because I so choose (nt) by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 01:46:01 PM EST

[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
a biter par excellence. by rmg (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 01:48:34 PM EST
you think so? (nt) by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 01:50:36 PM EST

[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
he sees something that works... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 03:11:03 PM EST
...he does it again with minor variations. the real purpose is to entertain me - he does not really bite, but, knowing that, while rmg is amusing enough on his own, rmg needs somebody to play with to afford the viewing audience of non-biters the most pleasure, and he gladly steps up to provide me the needed amusement.

but he's a pretty boring biter. by rmg (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 03:27:56 PM EST
while you certainly need to feed someone to the lions, it's more fun with the likes of dh003i. that guy was dope.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
well, not everybody's good at what they do. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 03:34:02 PM EST
surely you've discovered that by now in your dealings with fellow students?

oh by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #21 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 04:47:20 PM EST
In that case, I won't bite anymore.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Sure. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 02:29:15 PM EST
If that's the case, you're "New Coke".

I was thinking this same thing. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #23 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 06:10:13 PM EST
And he does the same thing with tps12. It seems like tps12 is typically be genuine about the whole thing, but ucblockhead always has to come back for more either way.

tps12 is not trolling by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #24 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 08:24:09 PM EST
And what I say to him is genuine.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Repetition is funny. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 02:52:25 PM EST
Netcraft confirms it.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
that reminds me... by rmg (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 02:59:08 PM EST
did you ever get anthrax to change their name?

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
No. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #29 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 09:04:18 AM EST
They steadfastly refused to do the decent thing, despite the economic hardship that a boycott by the entire adequacy readership must have entailed.

Insensitve bastards.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

Or biting on it (nt) by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 02:09:17 PM EST

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Haven't had a dog in years, but... by randomxs (4.00 / 7) #11 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 02:48:41 PM EST
I have a cat that loves people and hates other cats. So much so that I had to make a housecat outta him and never let him outside. I inherited him. He was the neighborhood thug. He would attack poor strays that came into his territory and he was so fierce the other cats would shit while they were fighting.

Once a dog started fucking with him and he shredded the dog's nose in front of me and the dog's owner. I had to take the dog to the vet.

Anyway, I named him WarKat. I had to cut his fur off once because of a mild skin condition and I counted 350 scars on his back.

He's a norsk scoggkat and legend has it that the Vikings brought them on their ships. They are known to have talked trolls to death by keeping the story so interesting that the troll would listen until the sun came up. Then the troll died.

Weird...

"When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to laugh at him." - Thomas Szasz

That is so fucking cool by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #25 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 12:04:48 AM EST
Our cat runs in the house at the first sight of confrontation. She does make up for it by attempting to talk to people though.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Q by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #26 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 06:05:20 AM EST
Dude! That is way cool! by randomxs (2.00 / 0) #27 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 06:50:57 AM EST
friggin' awesome! That's definitely a +4 +4 ! hahaha

RMG dude, by dmg (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 02:51:03 PM EST
Your newer diaries are like, totally awesome. Maybe you could write one about how your job sucks next? Or perhaps you're involved in  some ill-advised romantic entanglement you think the 'husi community' might be able to assist you in resolving...

And what the fuck is this doing in the hole? Surely this is the kind of thing that should be on the front page!!!
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

Hey buddy by Greener (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 03:53:21 PM EST
I'm a bit disappointed that I never got a comment from you in my Laundry Day diary. Was it because I didn't actually do any laundry? If so I understand but a little recognition of my efforts to participate would have been appreciated.

I understand you are a busy man and mine isn't the only diary you didn't comment in but if you are going to take the time to plan a community event is more than a token participation in said event too much to ask in the name of community spirit?

And to keep this comment on topic I was once bitten in the ankle by a dog while doing my paper route but he didn't break the skin so I didn't try to have him put down or anything.

sorry about that, man. by rmg (4.00 / 1) #19 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 04:07:10 PM EST
no, i think it was because i was going to sleep when you posted it. i've been meaning to comment on 606's diary as well, but i haven't gotten around to it. i might have stiffed driusan as well. hell, i even snubbed God himself.

it's not that i didn't appreciate your participation -- quite the contrary. there were just so many of them.

i was impressed with the job you did cleaning your kitchen. you have a lovely home. what's more, you chronicled your adventure simply and elegantly, but not without the hint of irony that captures the spirit of the event. kudos.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

your prompt response is appreciated by Greener (4.00 / 1) #20 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 04:17:33 PM EST
I look forward to our next transaction.

I have a dog.. by skydancer (4.00 / 2) #22 Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 06:05:24 PM EST
he is a siberian husky and his name is Bob..I have had him for 12 years and he is thinking he is a lap puppy at 90 pounds..lol..he is not doing so well at the moment, but hopefully his meds will help him along..he has arthritis which is bad and quite common in big dogs..he cant walk at the moment and i am sure hoping he improves with the medication..i would hate to lose him..

Is there any particular reason by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #28 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 07:26:18 AM EST
why your diaries should be exempt from editorial attention? I thought that the wide latitude of editorial powers here was one of the features.

To be all petty and middle school about it: what makes you so special?

the short answer is: i'm rmg. by rmg (2.00 / 0) #30 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 12:38:24 PM EST
as i understand it, undoing editorial changes is fine, as long as the action wasn't of some sanctioned punitive type, namely (partial) deletion or holing. in fact, anyone can undo editorial changes if they like, it's just that editors don't bother screwing around with anyone else.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
You misunderstand. by ana (2.00 / 0) #31 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 04:54:57 PM EST
n/t

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

i've spoken with hulver about this case. by rmg (2.00 / 0) #32 Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 05:57:49 PM EST
i understand perfectly.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
As have I. by ana (2.00 / 0) #33 Wed Apr 12, 2006 at 02:09:47 AM EST
And you are mistaken.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

hey ana, by rmg (2.00 / 0) #34 Wed Apr 12, 2006 at 04:06:58 AM EST
piss off and get out of my diary.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
do you like dogs? | 34 comments (34 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback