Print Story #71
By MillMan (Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 10:40:19 AM EST) meh, nice weather for ducks, BAXTAR (all tags)
It's been a while since I did a proper superficial entry.

Still no real motivation to do a London trip diary.

Here is a summary of how transit works in Boston, based on my internal monologue while trying to get to the coffee shop earlier this afternoon:
What a nice day. I think I'll take the bus into town.
[20 minutes of standing at the bus stop later]
Fuck this, I'm driving.
Fuck, this traffic is bad. Fuck these pedestrians walking into the street like lemmings too. If I had any guts I'd run them all over to teach them a lesson they will remember for the rest of their lives.
Fuck, there is nowhere to park.
Fuck, it's expensive to park.

One bad thing about spending a week in London are my newly unrealistic expectations of mass transit.

Work hasn't been so bad lately, I think due to a combination of resignation and the fact that I am looking very seriously for something else. Oh and we are getting a 3% raise this year too!!!!!

I like my new (presumably) lesbian coworker, it's nice to have someone else with liberalistic attitudes around. I mention the lesbian thing because the "white dudes who think Rodney King deserved it" demographic common to much of the engineering world gets really old really fast.

My boss put out a CD last week, which I bought. It's pretty good, 60 minutes of solo acoustic guitar. Tempted to release it to the torrents universe, but won't for now. He does not fall into the "white dudes who think Rodney King clearly deserved it" category as far as I know. He does fall into the "I think millman is lazy" category, however.

BAXTAR IS lazy:

Nothing going on with the women. And here I am in a coffee shop FILLED with hot women.

Political summary:
Bush: "the tax cuts have helped the economy and created jobs for America's families."
Wesley Clark: "We have a plan for a stronger military to protect America."

Thanks guys, thanks for that excellent political leadership. I agree that the rich pay too much in taxes and that we don't spend enough on our military. I think we have one more election cycle to go before I would vote for MNS over any other candidate in the presidential field.

< Unacceptable | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
#71 | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
3% isn't bad by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 11:43:43 AM EST
about the rate of inflation, maybe a little more. I'm in that neighborhood and happy, because the initial rate was going to be 2%.

How come you're sure she's lesbian? Rainbow sticker or pink triangle on car, pictures with girlfriend, always going to Northampton?

lesbian style by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 11:48:04 AM EST
short, highly styled hair, boy-cut pants, boyish attitude, etc.

We didn't get raises last year, which resulted in a few people leaving. Actually they promised 2% IIRC then it never showed up in our paychecks and was never discussed again. Generally to get what you are worth you have to switch jobs it seems.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

Don't judge a book by the cover by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #3 Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 12:12:40 PM EST
heck, maybe she could become a wingwomyn for you.

I think a missing, unexplained 2% raise is a dang good reason to move on.

Dude, she's a *stealth* breeder. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 03:47:05 PM EST
I say go for it!

she's an engineer dude. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #6 Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 08:32:38 PM EST

millman knows alright by cam (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 01:56:13 PM EST
his fantasy-dar is never wrong.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

unrealistic expectations by tps12 (4.00 / 2) #7 Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 11:54:39 PM EST
Put a check in your "pro moving to NYC" column. 20 minutes waiting for a bus, maybe, at like four in the morning in Bushwick.

Please don't encourage MNS.

Heh by jump the ladder (4.00 / 4) #8 Sun Apr 02, 2006 at 12:24:53 AM EST
Aussies, yanks, Irish: Wow, London public transport is amazing

Other EUians: Wow, London public transport sucks ass

heh yeah by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun Apr 02, 2006 at 06:27:27 AM EST
if I were French or German though, I would likely be unemployed. Can't have it all...

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

idea! by theantix (4.00 / 1) #10 Sun Apr 02, 2006 at 11:52:02 AM EST
Young french people could start factories producing rioting gear, both for the protesters and for the police.  This way their own natural tendencies to start violent attacks help give them jobs.

/me moves to france to start a factory to make flame-retardent covers for french cars.

exception by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 02:01:17 AM EST
People who live in Rome should also say that London public transport is amazing.

Dunno by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 02:56:19 AM EST
Walked everywhere whilst in Rome, didn't realise the public transport was that almighty bad...

#71 | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback