Print Story That's great
Ranting
By jump the ladder (Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:01:49 AM EST) SLD, footie, moaning (all tags)
Proud Arsenal's flying the flag for England. Yeah lucky for England's prospects with so many english players getting experience of top level international football. If it wasn't for Wenger bringing on so many English players, where would we be?

Poll: do you read whilst sitting on the toilet?

SLD

Got a phone call from her asking why I no longer call her any more. I just said "You're intelligent girl, you work it out...", a line she has used on me in the past. The fact that she doesn't intend to visit the UK or see me elsewhere and has downgraded me to a "friend" might make me less than keen hasn't ocurred to her yet. And yes I have expressed these sentiments to her clearly on a number of occassions. Actually standing up for myself without being a total twat about it in relationships feels good.

Still v. bored at work

Well I'd only be surfing the net at home anyway though.

< STICK TIHS IN YUOR PIPE AND PUZOL IT | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
That's great | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
wrt the poll by lm (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:04:13 AM EST
Sometimes I read while I'm sitting on the toilet, but I've never fancied sitting in the toilet at all, let alone to read.

Cicero, The Republic
Specially updated by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:08:11 AM EST
For pedants like yourself.

you like me, you really like me by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:11:07 AM EST
Now I feel all warm in tingly inside.

But maybe you shouldn't have said anything so everyone would have thought I was on crack.

Cicero, The Republic
WIPO by martingale (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:26:23 AM EST
Something about lm's crack.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Is it by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:23:31 AM EST
warm and tingly inside?

Pedant riposte! by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:52:26 AM EST

In Limey-a, "the toilet" is sometimes used as a descriptor for the room (especially if it lacks a bath) as well as the actual apparatus. Maybe you like going in the kitchen, but we consider that unhygienic.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
that's the response I expected by lm (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:57:45 AM EST
But what can I say but I GOT RESULTS

Cicero, The Republic
Well, as my great gran used to say: by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:00:44 AM EST

"Those who aim at the moon aim higher than those who aim at the tree."

Nah: We didn't know what she was on about, either. Mad old bat.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Like my grandad used to always say by lm (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:02:53 AM EST
It doesn't matter if your aimin' at the tree or at the moon as long as you aren't facing into the wind.

Cicero, The Republic
Depends how high the moon is in the sky. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:22:42 AM EST
If it's overhead, you're in trouble.

DU will be along in a second to tell us where and when that happens.

WIPO by nebbish (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:05:37 AM EST
God yeah, I've been known to go out and buy a magazine because I need a crap and can't find anything I fancy reading in the house.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Try by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 06:30:01 AM EST
When I go to the loo by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 07:41:52 AM EST
Time is not the only thing I intend to pass.

I've got that book! by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 11:45:40 PM EST
Read it

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Its is good by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #26 Fri Mar 10, 2006 at 03:50:44 AM EST
So is this

WIPO: What else would you do there? by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:26:10 AM EST

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Whistle? by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:28:50 AM EST
Conecentrate on the job on hand?

WIPO: Read, write, by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:32:20 AM EST
Blog.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
You blog by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:34:12 AM EST
in the bog?

I post here on the bog. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:21:17 AM EST
What's the point in carrying a web browser round in your pocket if you don't use it.

Anyway, nothing else really has the short timescale needed for a quick lavatory visit.

I call it "logging" by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #18 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:22:47 AM EST
Boom splash.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Indeed, all hail the arse. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 04:37:15 AM EST
Going to be interesting watching how they fare when the new FIFA domestic players rules start biting.  Spurs have got the jump on everyone on that I think.

And you really shouldn't read on the bog though.

There's a school of thought by yicky yacky (4.00 / 2) #15 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:10:18 AM EST

which states that the new FIFA / UEFA directives are completely unenforcable, and possibly even illegal, under international (especially EU) trade law.

I'm puzzled. IIRC, they've been looking at that type of restriction ever since Bosman, but have always felt that it was a case they simply could not win in court, so it hasn't happened. AFAICT, nothing's changed, legally-speaking, so I'm bemused as why they are thinking that they can get away with it now and not then. It may simply be that the internal political will is there to try, where it wasn't before. It doesn't mean they'll win.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Yeah by TPD (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:38:56 AM EST
But look what happened to the teams that fielded english players!

I guess you were just as indignant when Chelsea didn't field an english player in the starting line up of the 2002 FA cup final?

First team not to field any english players in the premiership????? Hmmmmm.... Ah that's right it was Chelsea wasn't it?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Reading in the Crapper: by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #21 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 05:41:28 AM EST

Fairly disgusting. There's poops-germs in there, floating around!

Actually, I'm a little more leniant about reading in the bathroom at home, where at least I know the poops-germs are my own, but there's a stack of financial magazines in the bathroom at work which I will not touch for two reasons: 1) they're financial magazines; what could possibly be interesting enough to read in those things, anyway? and 2) coworkers who did read those things, read them in between aiming their junk and wiping their butts. I have no information that indicates they washed their hands in between said activities, so there is ZERO percent chance I'll be willing to rub my hands on the disease vector that is those magazines.

WIPO by TurboThy (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 01:30:39 PM EST
I have read the entirety of "Crime and Punishment" while emptying my bowels.

Not in one sitting, though.
__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.

Learn Slovakian. by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #27 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 04:32:37 PM EST