Print Story This place really lives up to its rhyming slang
By jump the ladder (Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 02:56:36 AM EST) sexism, money, footie, whining (all tags)
And I thought it was inefficient at its investment banking offshoot! Still haven't got access to the shared drives, the latest excuse is that the guy giving me access hasn't got access to that drive yet because he too has just joined. Good job banking isn't in anyway time critical, no sirree....

Poll: prefer to be male or female?

Skint

I'm in the unusual position of being skint until the beginning of next month and I'm not used to watching the pennies. This half month's pay just about covers my mortgage and other essential direct debits. Once I get my full month pay next month, back to normal thankfully. Of course you probably won't sympathise etc.

Chelsea

Is certainly not winning any popularity contests at the moment wheras the fans seem to be winning some. It's a reverse from usual position of liking the team but hating the fans. Tough game tonight but I'm optimistic that they can pull it off.

Books

Recommend Y: The Descent Of Man by Steve Jones. Very good about the way that Y chromosone and about being male affects physiology and psychology. Men aren't just incomplete women but are significantly different from female norm. Intelligent and fscinating book about the weaker sex.

< We love to watch him swear on the TV | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
This place really lives up to its rhyming slang | 30 comments (30 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 03:18:32 AM EST
It'd be nice to be able to flit between the two.

L

Being skint is character forming, at least that's what I tell myself in the last fortnight of every month. You'll discover some new cheap recipes at any rate.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Some already do. by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:00:36 AM EST
But think of all the shoes you'd have to buy!

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

Boy, you'd have to be... by crux (2.00 / 0) #30 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 10:27:39 AM EST
an idiot to click on that link at work, or say, in a public internet cafe.

I'm an idiot!

Maybe by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #11 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:12:48 AM EST
I'll admit seeing things from the other side of the fence would be interesting, however I think being male is the best long term option.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
wipo by Merekat (4.00 / 3) #2 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 03:25:11 AM EST
I have insufficient data to answer the poll question. I have only sufficient empirical evidence of being one female, and no evidence of being male whatsoever so can make no conclusive statements about biological sex impacting life experience in such a way as to encourage a preference.

Oh? by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 03:45:10 AM EST
Do you earn a lot then?

No by jump the ladder (4.00 / 3) #5 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 03:53:48 AM EST
Of course not. I'm a cuntractor working in the city/CW, I earn bugger all. Well my contracting company pays me minimum wage at any rate.

..but shares in your company by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:03:39 AM EST
...seem to return great dividends.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Good answer. by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #14 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:23:06 AM EST
Otherwise the socialists would be along with their  begging bowls tax demands to fuel tax credits.

I'm just following by jump the ladder (4.00 / 2) #15 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:30:03 AM EST
The example set by the great and the good in the govt and big corporations. If they're doing it, it must be ok then :)

No no no by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #17 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:33:20 AM EST
If you were doing that, then you'd be miraculously being given £350,000 as a "gift".

..and not even know about it. by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #25 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:24:30 AM EST

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
WIPO by komet (4.00 / 2) #4 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 03:52:38 AM EST
Male, perfectly happy to be male, but wouldn't mind having a bigger cock.

It'd be interesting to be a woman, but a woman with my personality would be terrible.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

Depends. by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #6 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:00:12 AM EST
Like, would I be fit?

Then again, I'd probably never leave the house if I was.

Re: Chelski: you're going to get stuffed.  A once impregnable defence has started to show cracks, and your pace is off.  I predict a 2-1 loss tonight, which is a shame as I'd like to see Chelsea through to the next round.

I dunno by jump the ladder (4.00 / 3) #10 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:04:09 AM EST
I think the novelty of being a really fit girlk would wear off after a few months of shagging on demand. Constantly harassed by twats, other women's jealousy and people talking down to you because you couldn't be possibly clever as well as being really fit.

Yeah by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #16 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:32:27 AM EST
But never having to queue at the bar would be handy though.

And not having to buy any drinks by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #18 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:37:18 AM EST
Still a high risk of someone putting roofies in your babycham...

If I were proper fit by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:04:07 AM EST
It'd be Crystal all the way!

You have to queue at the bar? by Evil Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #27 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:30:12 AM EST
WTF?

Yeah by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #28 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 07:16:49 AM EST
All the fit birds keep getting served first!

Hah. by Evil Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #29 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 08:02:46 AM EST
That's odd, I usually find myself being served quickly by fit birds.

Gianfranco Zola by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:02:41 AM EST

Now there was a player ...

Chelsea shoot themselves in the foot, publicity-wise, if you ask me. Despite openly wanting Barca to crush them like bugs last week, I couldn't help feeling a surge of residual sympathy given the way that game developed (it's amazing the affect that one diving Argie can have on one's loyalties ...).

Over the rest of the week, that feeling had developed into a "It'd be good if they could pull it back, though" sentiment. Then, just as most of us neutrals had been generally won-over, there were all those ridiculous shenanigans at 'The Hawthornes', and now I'm back to wanting to see Chelsea comprehensively smacked-up in a most embarrassing fashion (a diving Argie in tonight's game notwithstanding ...).

I think it's Fergie's classic seige-mentality at work, though. There's no better way of convincing the players that everyone hates them than ... well ... having everyone hate them. It's good motivation.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Plus by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #13 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:22:00 AM EST
All this Mourinho stuff deflects the pressure from the players. 90% calculation in all of this from TSO (the Special One).

WIPO: The Jewish man's position by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:14:29 AM EST
Every morning, I thank the Invisible Sky Giant for not making me a woman.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Chelsea by TPD (4.00 / 1) #19 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:45:43 AM EST
I'd be surprised if you win this one..... and if not completely patriotic I'm hoping both you and Liverpool get knocked out in this round. Mainly because assuming the mighty Arsenal can capitalise on the away win (obviously a big assumption given some of our lapses this season). I'd prefer to face Barcelona or Benfica than Chelsea or Liverpool as future opponents.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Arsenal by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #20 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 04:53:57 AM EST
You can only play against teams that let you play football so of course the other English teams would be your hardest oppenents.

Yeah by TPD (2.00 / 0) #23 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:06:59 AM EST
that's pretty much my reasoning.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
ObBritishTeamsHaveFiguredYouOut [nt] by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #22 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:05:21 AM EST

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
well apparently not fulham at least by TPD (4.00 / 1) #24 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:11:38 AM EST
but I'd agree to an extent, that most british teams are prepared to sacrifice the beautiful game in order to expose Arsenals current frailities.

Basically it's like playing Bolton every f**king week!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

You really can't blame them by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #26 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:29:10 AM EST

Arsenal, at their best, play some of the finest, most beguiling, on-the-deck football that a person's ever likely to see. The game against Fulham was like watching the great Valencia team of four/five years ago. Fortunately, Arsenal do not have a divine right to 'time and space'. Only a fool would play to their strengths.

While styles have become more hybridized over recent years, the Spanish game is more tolerant of conceding time and space to the opponents, provided they're nowhere near goal. If Henry carries the form of the last few games, you shouldn't just survive against Madrid; you should probably whip them. It depends how they react to playing away. They may just "park the bus ..." etc.

----