Print Story It is 3:30 AM what kind of support did you expect?
By duxup (Mon Mar 06, 2006 at 11:33:07 PM EST) tags, movies, Bob Dylan, music, iTunes, night shift, work, duxup's ear, Kirby Puckett (all tags)
Inside:

Husi Tags
Random Movie Thoughts
Bob Dylan
Working the Night Shift
Kriby Puckett :(
My Ear

Husi: tags

The tags are cool.  It would also be cool if there was something like an all tags page where it displayed tags that were used in the last 24, 48, or so hours and the frequency.  Yeah I’m a diary whore.  What you gonna do about it?

Random Movie Thoughts

Movies I have seen, my quick thoughts:

A Very Long Engagement (2004) - You get to see Audrey Tautou’s ass.  That should be enough for anyone.  It’s directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet so yeah the same actress and the same director from Amelie.  It is a different story but visually tons of fun like Amelie, and a surprisingly hopeful and adorable film despite the dark background of WWI.

Windtalkers (2002) – I saw this POS on TV recently.  Who on earth came up with these action scenes?  John Woo?  Really?  The action was less believable than some of the Rambo films . . . wtf?  A guy with a Thompson can mow down a whole company shooting from the hip just because he’s pissed?  And when they weren’t impossible to believe scenes they were totally incoherent as if the director said Just run around and such we’ll make it work.

Bob Dylan

I didn’t like Bob Dylan’s music until recently.   Perhaps the state of music today is so bad that I’ve grown to accept Dylan, or perhaps it is just an acquired taste.

Surfing iTunes for his music is a bit of a pain as no collection seems to have everything I want and there are about 10,000 different albums of his music (not really, I'm just lazy).

Night Shift

I’m working the night shift this week.  Not a bad deal as it is slow and my coworker is cool.  Being able to dress down and even undo your pants while still in the hallway on the way to the bathroom is nice as well.

Kirby Puckett

Kirby is gone.  :(

Ear WTF

Some might remember that a bit over a week ago I was sick as a dog.  Amidst a vicious sinus / throat ordeal my ears seemed to get infected.  I went to the M.D. who saw that my ears were infected and prescribed an anti-biotic (by taking this I’m sure I am breeding the bacteria that will destroy mankind).

My left ear was never that bad and has remained clear.  My right was totally filled with fluid, and ringing . .  . a whole week into the antibiotics and my right ear has not improved with the exception that the pressure isn’t that bad.  I still can’t hear much out of it and it still rings constantly.  It is very frustrating.  I feel mildly disabled as I can’t hear much in noisy situations and constantly hear myself echoing in my head so that I’m not sure how loudly I am speaking.  Other things like the fact that if people open and close a door and if I’m sitting right I’ll not hear a thing, and the fact that I constantly hear in a sort of “mono” mode is also not fun.

Should I go back to the M.D.?  It’s only been a week into the drugs but the M.D. said it should clear up in a few days when they gave me the meds.  It’s a very frustrating situation.  I calculate I have 1 week of meds left.

< Fun with CSS | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
It is 3:30 AM what kind of support did you expect? | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Infections, Dylan by R Mutt (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 06, 2006 at 11:52:52 PM EST
When I had my ear infection, things got better very quickly after the antibiotics, certainly within a couple of days. You might want to go back in case you've got a resistant strain and need a different antibiotic.

Dylan. Tend to have my iRiver on shuffle every day, especially while walking to work, but sometimes a lot longer. Meant to write a diary about what artists have grown on me (mostly the uncool ones) and which have started to irritate me (mostly the cool ones); and Dylan is definitely in the improves-with-listening camp. He sounded pretty terrible when I started (someone described it as "pretend poetry for baby boomers" which seemed pretty apt), but after a while you start getting into the tunes.

The infection may be gone by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:41:35 AM EST
But the ear may be blocked with residual gunk. Try rinsing with warm olive oil. Gross but effective.

tags by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 12:42:12 AM EST
Please explain the point.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Tags by duxup (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 12:43:48 AM EST
Tags are for people who can't write an intro.
____
If you want to read other diaries on say, work by R Mutt (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 12:46:49 AM EST
You can click the work tag and find them. You will not however find many diaries that just say things like "I tried recompiling but it didn't work", as you would with a search.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Ok, by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 12:51:28 AM EST
So tags are sort of anarchic topics, and you can obviously choose more than one, and choose your own.

However, with freedom comes anarchy as everyone selects their own names for similar subjects.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
True by duxup (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 01:01:00 AM EST
But we all know that so it's ok.
____
Poll WIPO by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 12:52:56 AM EST
Know that the company on the other end is watching it's income rise stratospherically.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Audrey Tautou’s ass by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 03:10:07 AM EST

Nuff said. Adding to queue.

Perhaps what is happening with your ear is what's causing the slide into Bob Dylanian debauchery? If so, I suggest calling the doctor post haste.

Seriously, though, I would suggest calling the doctor and scheduling another look-at session. Maybe they can put a tube in there or something to drain it, but a whole week is a pretty long friggin' time to have to hear in mono. I start to lose it after a couple days, and I'm someone who will come up with any excuse not to go see a doctor.

my best support calls are at 3:30. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 05:00:58 AM EST
I've called a couple times to the cable company for modem help that late and have been pleasantly surprised with how that's turned out.

A Very Long Engagement by theantix (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Mar 08, 2006 at 02:56:54 PM EST
ooh, thanks for the tip.  This has been added and pushed to the very top of my netflix queue.  Jeunet is a friggin' genius, and Tautou is gorgeous.

Merci.

addendum by theantix (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Mar 08, 2006 at 03:06:56 PM EST
Delicatessen is out on DVD in May!!