- My weekend was pretty much spent watching the most best TV series ever made. Ever. Friends?? No. the Brady Bunch??? Wrong again. Indeed, I found a cache of the DVD's at the local library for the one, the only, Combat!!! Wooo!!! I was afraid that it might suck, cause I was 12 or so when I used to watch it as a kid, but no way Jose, it rocks! It's funny though, I never really noticed that nobody bleeds when they get shot, and I never noticed that when they get shot they tend to toss their rifle before spinning and falling to the ground (supper slow mo lets you see a lot) but still, it's a great show.
And lest you think it's just a bunch of GI-Joes plowing through France blowing up a bunch of Nazi's (which happens quite a bit mind you), well, they tend to work a French Hottie into many shows, usually some smokin hot (well, hot for the 60's anyways) woman who is part of the French underground and whatnot. Woo, dead Nazi's and Hot Womens!!
- I also watched Philadelphia (I didn't get much else done besides watching DVD's as it turns out) which was okay. I mean, Tom Hanks does a spleniferic job of playing the dieing aids guy, and Antonio Banderas does an okay job of playing his "partner" and whatnot, but, well, I just hate movies that preach at me. Sure, I know, silly me for renting a movie that I know is likely going to preach at me, so I'm willing to accept some of the blame here, but still, maybe try to make the preaching a little less obvious and whatnot. Oh, and that Bruce Springstreet guy droning on and on with that horrible song is tough to take too. I give it 8623/10000.
- Right. Today is a chicken ~y~ Bloccori runch day here at the OK-Coral, along with a giant tub of wildcard egg lorr, but you should know that by now.
- Boy, I made a big of batch of Tereyaki chicken -n- peanuts stir fry last night that was simply superb! Killer! Then again, you can slather up a dead goat dick with Tereyki sauce and it would taste pretty good.
- I'm trying to upload, or load up, as the case may be, my MFC entry, but 256's site seems to be having some issues with my file, so until we get that sorted out you can find a copy of said entry right here. I decided to forgoe any vocals on it, as it would likely just ruin it, and I'm tired of futzing with it. I've discovered my keyboard is pretty noisy when plugged direct into my soundcard, so you get lots of pops and whatnot, but unless you listen with headphones on it's not that bad. I did put a little more effort into this one, in an effort not to suck and whatnot, and as a result I think the mix is better than my previous efforts although I think some better tools would serve be well at this point.
Anyways, it didn't turn out as I had planned, but rather just sort of evolved into whatever it is, which is to say a Tom Waits inspired instrumental that is supposed to tell the story of someone who has had a few too many drinks and stumbles home just as the day is breaking, or something like that. Update [2006-3-6 11:36:21 by Bob Abooey]: The file business has been sorted (it was a hippie browser issue) and my official entry is now at the official place.
- Okay then, off to a meeting!
|< 9:47 | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|