Print Story Been Ill
By jump the ladder (Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 02:05:19 AM EST) Lhusi beers, footie, politics, castration (all tags)
Not such a great deal if you are cuntractor. Took three days off. Wierd cold/flu thingy that made me cough a lot and gave my achey limbs but no sneezing. Good thing was that I smoked very little as not much cravings.

Inside politics, footie and more crap.

Poll: shall we properly organise a Lhusi drinks soon?

Me

Fairly quietish this week on the social front due to illness. Went last wednesday to watch the FA cup quarter final Chelsea versus Newcastle with Breaker and my brother and friend at Stamford Bridge. Ok match if only marred by SWP's diving which we couldn't see from our angle but I think the tie was pretty much won at that stage. Breaker made the mistake of heading immediately for the tube station after the match ended instead of supping a post match beer like me and got the old Fulham Broadway crush, heh.

Other

A good enough reason to vote Tory?

Only recording of a castrati singer.

< Boccaccio '06 + Safe Harbor statement + Wider die räuberischen und mörderischen Rotten der Bauern | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Been Ill | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Maybe, by Metatone (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 02:47:17 AM EST
if they actually put the commitment clearly and unambiguously in the manifesto.

But I'd also like to see them come out properly against secretive rendition of British citizens to the CIA gulag system.

They definitely seem to be by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 03:04:49 AM EST
Going for the Guiardian reader vote these days. The thing is I'm more for personal fredom than equality when it comes down to it.

Going for Guardian readers by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 03:09:48 AM EST
Seems a bit misguided, of course there'll be exceptions but I'd have though most would change from Labour to Lib Dem rather than make the big leap to voting Conservative.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Depends by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 03:41:47 AM EST
What about the ones who have moved from Labour to Lib Dem already?

Aren't Lib Dems opposing ID cards as well? [nt] by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:07:27 AM EST

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Yes by jump the ladder (4.00 / 2) #11 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:14:49 AM EST
but it's a waste of a vote in my constituency.

Ah I see by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:25:42 AM EST
Sorry, should have thought of that. Yeah, I can see why you'd make the change then.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Same here by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 06:37:43 AM EST
From memory, the smug grinning Tory and the smug grinning Labour guy had about 95% of the vote between them in my constituency. Kind of makes my vote a dead loss, as I can't bring myself to vote for either party.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
Tories by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 03:07:28 AM EST
Interesting. We'll see what develops.

They'd have to change a hell of a lot more before I vote for them though.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Its a difficult one. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 09:37:27 AM EST
You have to weigh up the pros and cons as it were.

Generally speaking though, unless they can sort out who really governs the uk voting for either party in the national elections is pointless.

So I waste my vote, but at least when the EU introduces Roman law and abolishes haebus corpus and rides roughshod over a legal and political system honed to near-perfection over hundreds of years, I can say 'I told you so' in a smug self-satisied way.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

It's already started... by dmg (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 09:53:48 AM EST
Re: LHusi drinks by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 03:43:45 AM EST
Could one of the editors also put a "New Site News"-esque banner on the diary page with the agreed date so no one forgets about it?

the constanty banging on about it by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 03:49:03 AM EST
in daily diary entries for months beforehand method works well too ;)

Have you seen the bar on the right hand side? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 06:41:16 AM EST
An events table. W00T!

Hulver, we love you.

Events by hulver (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 09:59:21 AM EST
You can go to http://www.hulver.com/scoop/calendar and "Submit new event"

Then you can do things like "Write a story" about it. People can rsvp to the event, and be notified of any changes.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

You rock. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #20 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 10:17:06 AM EST
I got a permission denied error when I went to submit an event. Maybe it could tell I was only seeing if it would work, and denied me the chance to spam it with something I couldn't delete, so it's probably a good thing.

Also, it's titled 'drinks' the way you've done it, but perhaps it could be used for other things, too, like MFC (or PFC, if that ever gets going again) deadlines.

I wasn't sure how they worked by hulver (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 10:52:02 AM EST
I thought we might need multiple calendars, but one will do.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
I saw a fox crossing the road the other night by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:05:27 AM EST
Missed the tricksy bastard though.

VOTE TORY OR GIVE IN TO THE FOXES.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

Sadly by jump the ladder (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:12:49 AM EST
The chances of the tories winning an election up in Jockland are as poor as a fox escaping from a legal 'drag' hunt which accidently on purpose crosses its path. So you'll forver be a Labour ghetto.

Castrati by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 05:27:47 AM EST
Is that your suggestion for the next MFC?
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
Yes by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 05:32:52 AM EST
Musical Fun Castration. Will sort the boys out from the men...

Been Ill | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback