Print Story But, his hands aren't where the magnets are...
By MissTrish (Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 04:54:56 AM EST) spring, Wolverine, bike, Serenity (all tags)
I even cleaned up my room a little.

I woke up this morning. Not just from sleep- although I did that, beating the alarm clock- but from winter. I shook it off sometime in the night, shedding the fatigue and fogginess.

[No, I refuse to fight Magneto. Your nomination system sucks. Vote for someone without metal in their spine. Take out your tongue ring and stop being a sissy.]

I got up early and cleaned up my music directories, then headed out to the garage for some bike situation assessment. Thanks to misslake bringing my bike in when I was too ass-lazy- as opposed to head-lazy- the chain is still good and the tires only needed a bit of air. I broke the air pump.

[It's not like I'm Wolverine. My super-healing powers are only moderate, and I don't have any claws. Wouldn't matter if I was, Wolverine would still just get his adamantium spine tore out.]

It still works, but with a bit of awkwardness. My bike pump, so it's okay. You just gotta hold it on tight with one hand and pump with the other. Use of feet required.

[I wish I was Wolverine, be cool to live forever. Even if I was, still not fighting Magneto. I'd have enough trouble keeping what's-his-name, Sabertooth off my back.]

I am almost afraid of this first ride of the spring. I haven't used any of those muscles during my winter sloth. I'm thinking of staying off the main roads and finding a route less terrifying than Bathurst St. The risk here is encountering one-way streets and dead ends. I'll be heading to work after all, slight time issue. Study of a map may be in order. Or just leaving early.

[Hell, just throw KT at him and cut off his hands while he's distracted. She's cute and pink, he won't see it coming.]

Also, I seem to have clogged our network last night while downloading Serenity.

< A Day in the Life | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
But, his hands aren't where the magnets are... | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I fear my first spring ride by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 05:15:39 AM EST
because my first ride last year ended up in a bruised body, scratched helmet and broken turn signals.

I need a good rain to wash the crap off the roads.

we had a warm weekend by garlic (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 05:29:17 AM EST
So I went for an hour cruise. I'm pretty excited for spring to really hit.

I need a few hours yet by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 05:34:44 AM EST
rebuild the left hand carb, reinstall the carbs, put the battery back in and see what's it's like. I hope  rebuilding and checking the float level fixes my 3k idle.

I have some work to do too. by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 06:33:00 AM EST
My front brakes are seizing on the Yamaha, so I need to rip that apart and find out what's going on there.

Think could probably use a carb cleaning too, but we will wait to get the wheels back in order first.

Gedvondur
"...it isn't like I dug up her great-grandmother and fucked her in the eye socket." -clock

I am reminded of the words of the immortal Bugatti by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 06:55:12 AM EST
Was it "I build my cars to go, not stop"?

No, no, it was "Sacre Bleu, a tree! CRUNCH"

fortunately by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 05:38:22 AM EST
my bike is of the bicycle sort, as yours seems to be of the motorcycle sort. So I'm only really worried about the bruised body and scratched helmet (or head, since im one of those crrrazy girls who hates wearing them.)

ypu're a chair
And getting squished by some old lady by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 06:15:27 AM EST
when you wipe out in front of her caddie.

I nearly had that happen last year - as I was picking myself up she started honking at me. At first I was pissed at her, then I realized she was trying to tell me I was trailing bits of mp3 player, water bottle and back pack as I was dragging myself off the road.

The doctor said it was the worst case of cookie-blindness he'd ever seen.

Bicycle helmets save lives. by calla (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:06:02 AM EST
I have two friends - experienced riders both - who would be dead if they weren't wearing their helmets.

It's easy - just put the helmet on your head.

They change lives, too by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 10:35:31 AM EST
One of our friends' dad was hit while riding, he lived, but suffered brain damage and was never quite the same again. He could still take care of himself, but I don't think he functioned as well.

I've never asked the crass, obvious question.

Well, sure. by calla (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 02:22:19 PM EST
I guess some would rather die than live as head trauma survivors.

At least he has a choice.

make that three by 256 (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 01:55:00 PM EST
if you'd call me a friend.

but i confess that i don't wear mine all the time, even considering. some days are just too hot.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

I haven't read the death-defying story. by calla (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 02:23:08 PM EST
Did you post it here?

not much of a story by 256 (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:18:33 PM EST
got hit head on by a car making an illegal turn. my bike went under the car, i went over it. i landed on my head. he kept driving.

this was about five years ago, before i started posting here.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

Too bad you didn't get footage. by calla (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 10:51:36 PM EST
It sounds like a Jackie Chan stunt.

I wouldn't worry by MissTrish (4.00 / 2) #13 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 02:08:46 PM EST
After getting to work safely on my bike, I smashed my face on the fridge at work.

Now I will wear a helmet not just while riding, but ALL the time.

My face hurts.

ypu're a chair
You could get a fashionable helmet by calla (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 02:19:28 PM EST
like Natalie's:
Garden State

You mean you have friends by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 02:33:23 PM EST
Who have crushed bike helmets.

If they save lives, why doesn't the epidemiology bear that out?

All I have is anecdotal evidence. by calla (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 02:40:30 PM EST
I don't really care what any study says about helmets.

What makes you think that the helmets were the only things crushed?

woo ~~~~ Science! by garlic (1.00 / 1) #21 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 09:05:09 PM EST

I've been eyeballing all the road salt and crap by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 06:13:44 AM EST
all over our roads - not good. I want to do my first bicycle commute of the year either tomorrow or Friday.

The doctor said it was the worst case of cookie-blindness he'd ever seen.
I know, falling hurts by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 06:19:46 AM EST
and having a 400 pound hunk of Hyogo steel and aluminum falling you hursts, too.