Print Story Just because you see two fit young men swimming naked and masturbating together
Toys
By georgeha (Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 07:39:45 AM EST) puta, wanking, children of the street, baseball, threesomes, Martha Stewart (all tags)
doesn't mean it's homo-erotic.

Plus, Who needs the clear and the cream when you have righteous anger!, putting some toys away, impending financial catastrophe, nine year old misses again, and less.

Poll: What actions are evil?

I am about recovered from MIL's visit last weekend (well, Saturday to Monday). She's pleasant, but hard, having no short term memory and failing long term memory, it's like watching a needy two year old with an adult's vocabulary. Alzhiemers/dementia is hard on everyone.

Anyhow, I missed my Saturday workout because Mrs. Ha got home late, so I had to work out Sunday (of course we didn't get our precious alone time Sunday either) and dang, with all my anger floating around, I had a nice workout. Grr, what focus.

For the 99% of you that have not been in my house, our study is one of the nicest rooms in the house, it has a small corner area that juts out from the house, covered in windows. Due to my Lego collection, it's nearly impossible to get back there.

Mrs. Ha saw a storage bench in the KMart flyer from Martha Stewart. I had always wanted to have a window bench there, or build one in, but this one is a perfect fit, so I agreed to get it, and move lots of my Lego. So now, the bench is there, more Lego is downstairs, and more will follow. The bench is nice, a darkly stained wood composite with a sageish colored cushion. I do feel bad about the panda bears who used to live in the composite woods and have since had the environment destroyed to make flat pack furniture.

This hasn't been without heartbreak, since I had to move my collection around, tthe Traveller inspired Scout ship I was working on became accessible, and four year old broke it. She was very upset, but it would have been no biggie, had upstreet_boy not proceeded to dis-assemble it. I need some closeable project boxes. I also need a village, upstreet_mom believes that since it takes a village to raise a kid, she feels free to let the 9 year old roam around unsupervised, the village can watch him.

In other sad Lego news, MIL put away Lego this weekend, but didn't realize that four year old wants all the Lego animals in one bin, and they've been mixed up. We still can't find her two Appaloosa horses. She is very sad.

Mrs. Ha and I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien last night, the R rated version. It was good, though I found most of the voiceovers to be annoying and redundant. In a well made movie, the backstory should be able to be figured out, or it shouldn't matter. I wish my Spanish was better, I wonder how much I missed. I do understand how judgemental folks might assume the movie is homo-erotic, but I thought all the scenes of fit young men swimming naked and jerking off together were quite relevant to the plot. What did I miss in the unrated version?

I did like all the glimpses of how the upper middle class live in Mexico.

There's going to be financial trouble a'coming. Our escrow shortfall is much less this year than last, so while our mortgage payment will be higher than it was for a few years, it will be about $50 lower than it was all last year, starting in May. In April my COLA goes through, for about an additional $100 month. While you might think we can conventionally balance our budget (coupled with lower heating bills), I think it really means we're going to socked with unexpected repair or medical bbills.

The nine year old wants to partake in Take Your Spawn to Work day. Last year it occurred when I was in Des Moines. This year it will happen when she's on her Philadelphia trip. Oh well, maybe next year, though she's bored by big beige plastic melting on paper boxes, and can see me type on a computer at home, so I don't know what she will get out of it.

Poll: Which is the greater evil?

< Aging Spinsters | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Just because you see two fit young men swimming naked and masturbating together | 28 comments (28 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
er by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 07:46:41 AM EST
Why should I care if you sex0r my best friend's girlfriend?

People in this country underestimate how many absolutely loaded people there are in Mexico. One thing you may have noticed from the movie was how easily rich Mexicans can just jet up to Tahoe for the weekend (as opposed to poor "illegals".)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

How is that any different by ks1178 (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:05:47 AM EST
Than American's being able to go to Cancun easily?

The reason the government makes it difficult for the poor mexicans to get into the country is because they tend to want to stay in the country.

The rich ones just visit, spend some money, and go back home.

And that's the same for most countries. It's quite simple for me to go visit Canada (as an American). Getting a job in Canada, on the other hand, is much more difficult for me.

It's not by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:19:18 AM EST
It's just counter to the prejudices of middle America.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
middle what? by garlic (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:52:11 AM EST
middle class? middle states? thick in the middle?

No by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:18:15 AM EST
Middle America.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
your source by garlic (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:34:44 AM EST
says right at the top that the article has no references or sources.

Isn't California America the one with some of the worst laws in regards to immigrants?

You seem confused by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:55:25 AM EST
and are conflating two issues.

In any case, I was merely telling you what I meant by the phrase "middle America".
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Oh, by ks1178 (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:08:11 AM EST
And please don't take this comment as me being against making it easier for people to work in the U.S.

I'm hoping that either the current bill being proposed for allowing illegal aliens working in the US to become legal workers, or a similar one gets put in place.

WIPO: moving from existence to non-existence by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:19:52 AM EST
WRT Spawn at work. My daughters like to come into work with me because, as much fun as your swivel chair at home is, a whole cube farm of swivel chairs is even more fun. Which is why I no longer bring my daughters to work. The last time, I only needed fifteen minutes to install a new CRT in the training lab. Good gravy! The amount of trouble that they managed to find in fifteen minutes surprised even me.

Cicero, The Republic
Maybe you can do with your Legos by calla (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:31:53 AM EST
what someone I know does with his action figures:
Marvel Legends Figures

While plaster and lathe walls make for great by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:54:34 AM EST
soundproofing, hanging stuff off them is a fu I have yet to master.

Those are scary dolls, though.

plaster?!! by calla (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:00:21 AM EST
ARgh. My suggestion has been defeated.

p.s. You'd better not let HIM hear you call them dolls - he doesn't like that.

Yeah, plaster, aint 70 year old homes grand! by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:02:19 AM EST
I can understand the do^H^Haction figure thing, I play with toys, boy toys like Lego and stuff, of course.

Action figures are not by calla (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:07:59 AM EST
in the pink aisle.

What's up with the soft-pr0n focus? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 05:48:14 PM EST
Was that done with a Science Fair camera?

duh by calla (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 08:13:54 PM EST

In re: unrated version, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 09:53:18 AM EST
the two guys had sex with the lady and it was implied with each other as well.  A big 3 way.

In re: all else, I'm not sure.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

They show them standing together by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 10:02:56 AM EST
in the bedroom, start to remove clothing, and then cut away. At least in the R version.

they show them kissing by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 03:13:54 PM EST
I guess dudes kissing goes beyond R rated. lollerskats.

IIRC the director felt like making a realistic coming of age movie, unlike, say, American Pie.

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

It does change the movie by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:21:20 AM EST
making what happened a lot less ambigous.

As Mrs. Ha says, they can show two dudes' weinies flapping around, but not two dudes kissing.

1 percenter here: by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Mar 29, 2006 at 05:49:16 PM EST
Holy Crap! There's windows behind the LEGO boxes?

WIPO: Having a "study" by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:01:24 AM EST
Do poor people in UKistan Africa have a study?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
They could get one in America by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #23 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 04:25:51 AM EST
if you're willing to buy a house in a decaying rustbelt city, rather than the expensive lily white suburbs.

Do yourself a favour and watch the unrated version by 256 (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 06:49:02 AM EST
it is perhaps the sexiest movie i have ever seen.

and yes, in the unrated version it is implied as strongly as it can be without showing bumsex on screen that after getting drunk at the tiny coastal cantina, the woman gently and successfully encourages the boys to have sex with each other.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

which neither of them are able to deal with by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Mar 30, 2006 at 12:27:23 PM EST
of course by 256 (2.00 / 0) #26 Fri Mar 31, 2006 at 01:04:50 PM EST
but their awkwardness doesn't make it any less hot.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
oh hell by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #27 Fri Mar 31, 2006 at 02:35:14 PM EST
lol @ straight boy forbidden fruit by 256 (2.00 / 0) #28 Fri Mar 31, 2006 at 02:50:13 PM EST
but i agree