- Werd, Spring may finally be sprunging here in Clevia. It's about freaking time too, I, for one, am a right bit tired of always being cold. Cold cold cold, cold.
- I got a new key-chain and I just got done swapping keys onto it. It's got a little hunk of leather hooked on it, so it's the kind that a "tough guy" would carry. Now I'm not a tough guy, no sir, but it's sometimes good to give that impression. You know, just in case you're in a tight spot sometime, all you have to do is flash your leather key-chain and BLAMO, instant respect baby. Along those lines, there are 3 keys on here that I can't seem to remember the respective locks they're associated with. What's a bloke supposed to do?
- I picked up a copy of CakeWalk Sonar HomeStudio 4 XL over the weekend, and, woo, golly, it's a right beast. Thus far I've been pretty lucky though as it setup fine and I've got the midi working with my keyboard (although I've yet to really wrap my brain around it - the midi sequencer is a real beast) and the ASIO drivers are giving me 2ms latency with my SB audigy soundcard! Hoofa! No more time shifting every track after recording it. I'm able to record both midi and audio and have worked through about half the tutorials in the "users manual" without too much trouble. Well, the first couple hours were rather frustrating but after that things started to get better. This is going to be a long term project for sure.
Here's a short little doodle I put together yesterday (it's all midi except the guitar parts) that I'm not completely unhappy with, I think the flanger/tremolo on the lead guitar gives it a vintage 60's kinda vibe. The rhythm isn't real tight but given that I'm uber rusty from not having hardly played for 6 weeks I'm not stressed about it. I really dig being able to loop the recording and make take after take without having to "click stop, click create new track, click mute old track, click record" every time, Sonar automates all that for you so you can really get into a groove and not even think about the fact that your recording. Anyways, it's certainly light years beyond Audacity, although I still think Audacity is great to get started on.
- Chicken ~y~ Blocorri will be on the menu for runch today, sans the cholesterol laden wildcard egg lorr of course. I go back in to be retested for that in a month and I hope to get a good reading so's I can go back to eating like the pig that I am. Bah.
- I've got no Monday morning meeting to attend today as Mr. McMurphey is off skiing in the Alps somewhere, so I think I'm going to head on down to the commissary and get me a nice hot cup o' java1. Woo, no cholesterol in java!
|< Hang Up My Rock and Roll Shoes | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|