Print Story Gimme back my Albert Hall
By crispyduck (Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 01:06:28 PM EST) (all tags)
gimme back my Albert Hall

Why Kurt would have wanted the Albert Hall, I don't know, just doesn't seem like his kind of place.

I'm leaving my job tomorrow. Yay! It sucks. There's been two more resignations in the dept. since mine. Crazy place, I just wanna leave and forget. Went up to London last Friday to see the former colleagues, and it was bloody great to see everybody. Old boss, really top bloke, leapt up to buy me a beer, asked me how I was and told me how good it was to see me. It was nice to see people who actually have good levels of morale in their jobs, and I remember feeling exactly the same way when I started there, having come from another crappy one. I'm pretty sure I could go back there if I needed to, or if circumstances were right.

Sold the house on Tuesday. Torn between budgeting because my regular income is stopping, or not because we just got a fuckload of money. It's a bit scary moving the big numbers around, what if they mysteriously vanish between bank accounts? Will mostly be saving, but also bulking up the ISAs and possibly buying some "proper" shares if I find some I like.

So we're borrowing a flat for now. Stuff lives in a million boxes. I can't find the kettle so I have to boil water in a pan to make tea. How backwards! ;) Until tomorrow, I have a three-mile commute, my shortest in years. Rode along the canal path today, which was nice, saw duckies.

Had a birthday on Sunday, amid the packing. Not many presents as I didn't want a whole bunch of extra stuff to have to store - but I did get a few neat ones. My sister made some nice fudge, my mum and dad got me a lottery ticket each week for a year, and my aunt and uncle got me a European phrase book, which I'm very pleased with - it has the languages of all the countries we're planning on going to.

Have set up a blog upon which to detail the adventures, which are soon to commence.

Saw two tiny black lambs last night, about 2 days old I think they're lovely. Mum-in-law lives in a converted barn, next door to some sheep, she sees Shetland ponies out of her back window too. Lovely.

By the way, Nofx still totally rule.

< Rockin' Like a Cow on Acid | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Gimme back my Albert Hall | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
NOFX by pinkcress (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 01:42:55 PM EST
Rock. And. Roll.

Also, selling up and becoming a euro bike hippie. Rock. And. Roll.

Good luck!

I love NoFX by dmg (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 03:25:09 PM EST
As I've mentioned before

Was listening to Punk In Drublic at work today. 'The Brews' never fails to raise a laugh. And 'The Idiots are Taking Over' is usually quite appropriate as the backdrop to my working day.

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

bloglines.add by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 04:18:09 PM EST
but you've got "blogger only" turned on, so I can't comment. :<
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
Fixed by crispyduck (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 10:44:59 PM EST
Cheers, I didn't mean to have it set up like that - still getting this thing figured out!

Now you've got yourself some fancy blog by hulver (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 09:37:40 PM EST
Don't forget about us :)

Note to self, fix Atom feeds
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

As if (n/t) by crispyduck (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 12:57:43 AM EST

You rock! by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 11:25:28 PM EST
I'm tempted to write some spurious criticism of you for doing something I dare not. On reflection, though, I won't.

Do you need storage for dgym's 'bent? I'm sure I could arrange it. ;-)

Nah by crispyduck (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 12:55:02 AM EST
It's living at the end of the bed, with all the other bikes. I sleep better knowing they're nearby.

Fair enough then. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 05:24:41 AM EST
I'd misunderstood. You'll be keeping the flat as a base in UKia, so no need to keep the bikes warm.

Also, if you're looking for somewhere you can afford to live, I hear properties in East Kilbride are going cheap at the moment. Also, get a nice cheap Rover 75 to go with it, and you should fit right in with the neighbours (swords optional). Seriously, Scotland is nice, cheap, and they speak English.

Google doesn't understand by crispyduck (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 12:59:52 AM EST
It seems to think I'm either being bullied in school, or need a loan.

Lambs: Lovely? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 05:08:54 AM EST

Or delicious? Wait, I guess there's not much of a difference.

Both. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 05:11:56 AM EST
Duh!

I'm hungry for roast lamb now.

Both by crispyduck (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 08:07:50 AM EST
Like ducks, lambs are a dual-purpose animal - both cute and delicious.

Gimme back my Albert Hall | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback